Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #16
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Wonderful TR, I'm really enjoying reading along
Your girls are sooo cute and you all look like you're having a great cruise
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #17
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Sorry for the delay in posting the next installment. DD7 had to have a tooth pulled today, and DD4 has an ear infection. I think I should have some time to post tomorrow!

A tidbit of cuteness to hold you over...

You know how some people hang a tennis ball from their garage ceiling so they know exactly how far to pull in? (like when the windshield bumps the ball, you stop!) Well, I needed one, but I didn't want a plain old tennis ball. Instead I got a Captain Mickey antenna topper and hung that! Now when we pull in, the girls ask me to "kiss" Mickey with the windshield. Or sometimes they yell, "Aye aye, Captain Mickey!" I love pulling in and seeing this:

My vehicle does not have an antenna, but I think the Disney antenna toppers are so adorable. This was a perfect fix for my problem!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #18
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

We woke up to another truly gorgeous day on Thursday. We were up early enough to see us come into Cabo, which is a much prettier view than PV! There were already three other cruise ships in the harbor, so the Wonder had to anchor quite a ways out.

We had breakfast up at BBB again, I think. Then the girls went to the Club for a bit. DH and I explored deck 10 some more. DH wanted to shoot some hoops and happened to walk on the court just in time for a 3 pointer competition. It was only him and two other guys. Sadly, someone else won and walked away with a really nice DCL travel mug. Can't blame DH though. I doubt he's picked up a basketball in at least a year.

We took a few pictures from the bow. Then I happened to run into the captain. No, not Captain Thord. Mr. Tall, Dark & Handless himself, Captain Hook!

We went into this day knowing we wanted to go ashore and go to the beach, but we were playing it pretty flexible. We decided to make sure we had lunch first, knowing that otherwise the girls would say, "We're hungry!" as soon as we got to shore. So after a bit, we picked up the girls and got ready to go. Since we were just planning for beach time, we wore our swimsuits with cover-ups over them. We ate lunch before noon, which meant our only lunch food option was quick service. The girls ate hot dogs, fries and fruit. DH had a burger and fries. I got a panini and fruit. The panini was pretty awful and not even warm. Everything else was decently good. Then we headed to the Buena Vista Theater to tender. Disney was having issues apparently, and there was a long wait. In fact, I think we waited almost an hour.

Getting into the tender wasn't too bad, although the sea was a bit rougher than usual, according to the crew. It took 15-20 minutes to get to shore, since we were anchored so far out. This is what the tenders looked like:

I had hoped to get some good shots of the Wonder from the tender, but no such luck. The port arrival area was ultra easy to navigate. I wish we'd have had more time to wander there a bit, but the girls were incredibly anxious (fussy) to get to the beach.

Of course, we were immediately approached by a guy offering us a water taxi tour. This was our plan anyways. I haggled him down a bit on price, so it was $20 for the four of us. In retrospect, I maybe should have asked to see the boat first! It was a bit of a beater, and was worn enough that the vessel's name was illegible. From reading other trip reports, I know that our water taxi situation was not ideal, however it worked amazingly well for us. We ended up on the water taxi with two other really nice families also from the Wonder. We all had kids about the same age. One family spoke Spanish and was able to translate everything for the rest of the group. There was also a member of the Spanish family (the grandma) who didn't want to swim, so she happily watched all of the group's valuables and possessions. We actually got to have some really great family time because of that. If we go to Cabo again, we'd roam further up the port are to find a nicer taxi boat, but in this particular instance, things worked in our favor.

Note: we had to pay a $1 per person "port fee" to a guy sitting on the dock where the water taxi was tied up. I'm pretty sure that's a rip off, but oh well. The other families on our boat were asked for the same.

Anyways... The water taxi ride included a little tour out around the arches to see the various rock formations and the sea lions. They also threw some tortillas in the water to lure up some tropical fish for us to see. I liked that part. The water in Cabo was clear as can be and really gorgeous.

Our group asked to be dropped at Lover's Beach. Getting out of the boat there was a wet experience. As we pulled into shore, a huge wave hit the back of the boat. One guy fell down flat on his back, but was thankfully unhurt. Everyone and everything else... soaked. There was water on the floor and on the seats. So we were pretty much wet before we even jumped out into the water! There were a couple guys there helping people in and out of boats, which helped a bit. I imagine it's not so bad on a calmer day, but remember that we had the rougher-than-normal day. I took tons of pictures but you can find a zillion similar ones online and in other TR's.

The surf was still suitable for the kids to play in. DD7 couldn't get wet enough. She was having so much fun. She kept flinging out her arms and yelling, "Mom, I am having a GREAT DAY!" It actually was a really great day for all of us. We walked up the beach to Pelican Beach, which looked better for getting in and out of the water taxis. Again, oh well. DH and I waded a bit but never really swam, as the water was fairly cool. DD4 doesn't have an ounce of body fat on her, but she never got chilled. She enjoyed playing in the sand more than being in the water anyways.

While we were on the beach, the Wonder sounded a few horn blasts and began moving. Since two of the other cruise ships had left port, the Wonder moved much closer in.

There are no facilities, food, drinks, etc. out at Lover's Beach, but thankfully no one ever needed to use a restroom. Though we did explore a prominent cave, and from the smell, you could tell that plenty of folks use that area as a bathroom.

Our water taxi driver returned right on time to pick us up. (We stayed 2 hours at the beach.) The same "helper" guys lifted all the kids and all our stuff into the boat. DH went next so he could help others in. The it was my turn. The helper guy grabbed me (like he was going to hoist me up) and stated counting, so I figured it was go on three! I had no trouble getting in, but some of the other adult had a rough time. (We saw "grandma" later at Palo, and she said she had lots of bruises.) The boat was still pretty soggy, but it was only a couple minutes back to the dock. We tipped $5, making our "excursion" total just $29. Not bad for a really wonderful beach time!

Just before we got on the tender, DD4 had a major meltdown, saying her eyes were hurting. I'm guessing it was from the salt water. She screamed so much that a few DCL employees and port workers came over to see if she was okay. I rinsed her eyes out with bottled water that I had, and she settled down.

The tender ride back to the Wonder was quicker than the ride in, since the ship had moved. However, there were several jet skis making waves around the ship, so getting out of the tender was tricky. The tender kept banging very roughly against the ship, even knocking a few people out of their seats on the tender. It scared DD4 considerably, but we got off quickly and she forgot the whole thing right away.

Disney had a huge bin for used towels, so we deposited our soggy towels there. (We had taken several with us.)

In the room, I gave the girls baths. I have no idea how DD7 got so much sand in her swimsuit! While I bathed them, DH ran up to get them burgers for dinner. They ate and watched TV while he and I showered and got ready for dinner. We were so excited for Palo, and we'd worked up quite an appetite at the beach!

We dropped the girls at the Club and had it noted in the computer that we were going to Palo. We had picked this night for Palo, as the girls don't care too much for pirates. However, they did want a picture with Minnie in her pirate garb!

We arrived at Palo a couple minutes before they opened. We were the third table to be seated. We had the same table as we'd had for brunch, and we also had Klaudia as our server again. The view out the window was nice, but we couldn't really see the sunset or rock formations. (based on the ship's orientation, not just our table location)

The antipasta plate was good, though most of that sort of food just isn't my favorite. However, the chunks of Parmesan were amazingly good. I also liked something that included roasted red peppers.

I had the chef's trio appetizer. DH had calamari. I'm not usually a big fan of calamari, but it was really wonderful and not at all rubbery or greasy. The shrimp in my trio was good, too. We ordered two portions of the lobster ravioli, as DH was convinced he wanted a whole order to himself in addition to his entree. I ordered the filet, and he got the sea bass. Oh, he also got a glass of pino grigio with his meal. I think it was about $10.

DH loved his sea bass. It was buttery and perfect. My filet was good, though I've had better. However, the red wine sauce over it was amazing. I thought we'd made it pretty clear to Klaudia that we wanted two orders of the ravioli, but I guess not, since she only brought one. I already told you about how DH feels in situations like this, so he didn't want to say anything. I let it slide, since I knew I shouldn't eat a whole order of ravioli by myself anyways! DH ended up eating two, and I ate one, which worked out just fine. I probably could have eaten a few more, but this way I had more room left for dessert!

Naturally, we ordered a chocolate souffle. It was pretty wonderful. DH ordered tiramisu, since he'd loved it there at brunch. It was exactly the same (only bigger), and he was pleased. I asked Klaudia for her input, and she suggested the panna cotta. I went with her suggestion, and it was really wonderful. Actually much better than I anticipated and on par with the souffle. Yum.

We again left an additional tip for Klaudia, and then rolled ourselves out of there!

Note: we had pulled out of port while we were in Palo, which made for a nice view.

We picked up the girls and headed back to the room. This little guy was waiting for us. The girls liked him so much that we left him hanging up for the rest of the cruise.

DD7 wanted to see the fireworks, so we let the girls stay up and watch a movie while we waited. DD4 decided she'd rather not see the fireworks, so DH stayed in the room with her. Honestly, I think she was just too tired. He said she fell asleep less than a minute after DD7 and I walked out.

We went up to deck 9 and right away found a spot with a halfway decent view of the stage. Initially DD7 was a little freaked out (she's mentioned before that pirates are "gross.") but she quickly lightened up when I pointed out the silliness and humor. We caught just the last couple minutes of the pirate party and watched Mickey swoop down on the zipline. We had a perfect and not even remotely crowded view of the fireworks, which was nice.

We skipped the buffet and headed back to the room. DD7 fell asleep almost instantly. DH was waiting up, thinking he would go to the Prem-EAR at Sea of John Carter, which was at 12:01AM. However, the Navigator for Friday came and showed a 10:30PM showing the next night, so we all called lights out for the night.

Next up: day two in Cabo!

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #19
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

This morning we were already anchored in Cabo when we got up. The seas were, in fact, considerably smoother than the day before. However, it wasn't as clear and sunny.

We ate breakfast at Triton's this morning, I believe. I tried a chocolate pastry off the platter they carry around, and it was really delicious. Good thing I didn't discover those earlier in the cruise! Our service that morning was a little off, but we enjoyed our assistant server from Turkey. He seemed so excited when we thanked him in Turkish. We walked with him a little bit about the trip we took there in 2005.

After breakfast, we went outside for some family games.

In all honesty, I'm not sure what we did with the rest of this morning. I think that once the Club became secured at 11:00AM, we took the girls there. Then DH and I went up to deck 10 to take a few more pictures and look for whales.

Somewhere in that time frame, we also ate lunch. (BBB again, possibly the Tex Mex theme day) As the ship pulled out of port, we saw a few distant whale spouts. We'd been hoping for better views but were too windblown to stick it out, so we went down to our cabin for a bit. While we were in our room, we spotted some whale watching boats and noticed some splashing. At first we thought it was dolphins, but the splashing was too big. We kept watching and realized it was a baby whale totally putting on a show! You can see his splash on the left side of this photo that we took from our port hole. That was pretty cool for DH and I.

We retrieved the girls around 2:30 and went to get seats for the matinee showing of Dreams: An Enchanted Classic. We got great seats again. We all enjoyed this show quite a bit. DD7 was particularly fond of it, as she really likes Peter Pan. DD4 was excited to see Pumbaa and Timon, as she's never seen them "live" before. The show really did have a fun variety of characters. We all liked it.

As soon as the show ended, we scurried over to Studio Sea for the Disney friends Tea Party. (Remember, we got tickets as soon as we boarded on Sunday.) The girls had been looking forward to this event. We let them wear their princess "dresses" over their clothes. Cruise staff member Drew hosted this with Princess Ariel and Cinderella. Ariel's role was really cute. She asked the kids to remind her of the names of all the "human stuff" like the napkins, which she called whirligigs. Cinderella taught the basics of the waltz, and everyone got up to dance for a song. Ariel made the rounds to check on each table, making sure the kids were taking small bites and using their napkins. The "tea" was apple juice, and they also served chocolate chip cookies. After the party was over, Ariel and Cinderella posed for photos.

DD4 in particular loves characters. And Ariel is her favorite princess. To say she was enthusiastic would be an understatement. He joy did not go unnoticed either. Drew asked me for our stateroom number and I willingly gave it, having read about the same thing happening to another DIS'er. I was excited, as I knew it likely meant an invite to an exclusive character meet and greet the next night. I told DH but kept it from the girls, just in case I was wrong.

After tea, we went back to the room to get changed for semi-formal night in Triton's. My fitted dress barely zipped up, in spite of the fact that we only took the stairs all the time! (Unless I was wearing heels, which only happened a couple times!) We took a few pictures in the lobby, but they were mostly really cheesy poses. No thanks. We did get a cute shot with a very dapper Goofy though!

Dinner was decent. I had the shrimp appetizer, which was good. I think DH had oysters? DH got lobster, which he enjoyed. I got the fettuccine with Parmesan crusted chicken. It was okay, but I wouldn't order it again. The best part of the meal was the chocolate lava cake. DH and I each had one. YUM. DD7 got a Mickey bar. Poor little DD4 was all tuckered out and fell asleep as soon as she finished her food. Quite honestly, I'm surprised she didn't fall asleep any other nights at dinner!

However, a catnap was all she needed. After dinner, we changed clothes and took the girls to a dance party at the Club. While they were there, DH and I roamed around deck 3 for a bit before we picked them back up.

Note: the form for distributing tips was on our bed with the towel dinosaur.

The girls and I went to bed. DH went to see John Carter. He enjoyed it and was happy he went early to get a god seat, as the theater completely filled up.

Next up: our last day!

Last edited by marciemouse; 03-27-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #20
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

You know, I think DH and I may have hit the hot tub at the Quiet Cove pool area after dinner on Friday night. We had it all to ourselves and found it quite relaxing, although it was quite chilly when we got out! As with all hot tubs, it was not quite as hot as we'd like. Really, I can't remember which night it was, but I'm thinking it was Friday. Anyways...

I thought this was as good a time as any to mention our FE experience. The girls especially enjoyed checking to see if they had received anything. It sometimes helped us transition them out of an activity to return to the room. (Come one! We've got to go see if we got any presents!) They loved the little trinkets and treasures they accumulated throughout the week. I got some nice Bath & Body works products, as well as some handmade glass magnets that I really liked. I don't think DH had a favorite gift.

For the gifts we gave... For the younger kids, I made baggies with mini-size play-doh tubs, bubbles, etc. The two babies in the group got pirate rubber duckies. The older kids and teens got Disney pins attached to business size cards that read, "Welcome to Disney pin trading! Have fun!" For the adults, I had custom magnets and postcards made (at vistaprint) using designs made by ****** and Milliepie here on the DIS. The 2012 design was at the top of a calendar magnet, and the journal design was on postcards. Each cabin got one magnet and several postcards.

I packaged the gifts up in plain white envelopes, sealing them with stickers with that same journal design on them. I got a stamp made and stamped each envelope:

To: Our DIS Amigos

I thought the gifts turned out very nice and classy looking. They were also easy to pack, as they were flat and fairly small.

So that was our FE experience. We'd do it again for sure and would recommend it to anyone cruising with kids.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #21
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Lots of updates today! Your pictures from Cabo are beautiful! And your daughter saying that she was having a great day is so cute I love seeing kids so happy and appreciative of what they have. It really looks like you had a wonderful family trip. Are you going again any time soon? lol

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #22
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
It really looks like you had a wonderful family trip. Are you going again any time soon? lol

Well, I'm not sure if we're going again real soon, but we did book two "dummy date" cabins while were on board! It really was a fairly perfect vacation for our family, a great mix of relaxing but not boring. We had kind of resigned ourselves to the idea that, while our girls are little, vacations would involve a lot more DOING and less just relaxing. Thankfully, DCL provided enough activity for the kids and enough relaxation for us as adults. Perfection! I am hoping DCL decides to run a few fall 2013 cruises out of LA again. Otherwise, we're interested in the Med, Alaska & Eastern Caribbean, so we'll see!

Old 03-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #23
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

I forgot to mention that I did a little shopping one day and got this Christmas ornament. We have a Disney themed tree each year, so this will be a perfect addition. This was actually the only souvenir we purchased the entire cruise! (Way to exercise self control, right?!)

Old 03-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #24
MandyMommytoReaghan
Mouseketeer

Great TR Loved all of your pictures!! Your daughters are beautiful!!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #25
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Saturday morning was our character breakfast at 8:30 in AP. (first sea day after your show dinner in AP) The girls were very much looking forward to it!

Our servers Art and Dan seemed frazzled this morning, and they didn't seem very "into" the whole hat-making thing. Fine by me! But DD7 had been asking about her hat all week long, so it's a good thing she got one! She and DD4 got bows. DH got the Mickey ears. I didn't get anything, which was just fine. We saw other tables getting all kinds of elaborate hats.

Breakfast was fine. Nothing memorable. Dan made a special trip somewhere to get a donut for DD4.

Note: I thought our servers were fine, but I've definitely heard of better servers here on the DIS and wouldn't request Art and Dan again. (In Dan's defense, he'd only been with DCL for two months.)

The characters were a bit slow coming. We were done eating before they all came to our table, but we waited since the girls really wanted to see them all. We saw Pluto, Minnie, Mickey and Goofy.

On our way out of breakfast, we stopped for a few minutes at the Playhouse Disney dance party in the Promenade Lounge. Both our girls think they're great dancers (so not true), so we let them burn off a little bit of energy.

DH and I wanted to go to the Art of Entertaining: The Dessert in Studio Sea at 10:15, but the Club wasn't secured until 11:00. We checked the girls into the Lab and explained they could ask to move over to the Club as soon as it opened. Both of them were fine with that, and it worked out well.

DH and I enjoyed the presentation once again. It was the same chef from AP, and he made some crepes. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but I did take a sip of the little sample they served with our crepes. I thought the wine choice really complemented the crepe.

DH and I had dropped off our gratuities form in the box at Guest Services on our way to breakfast. When we stopped by our room before lunch, the tickets were already there. We stopped by Guest Services again to put a Disney Visa Rewards Card payment on our account. Even though our rewards card had a balance, it was getting declined. Ashley called the card company for us (at no charge to us), and they were able to get it all straightened out. I think we also did a little bit of packing/organizing.

We picked up the girls to take them to lunch. We ate at BBB again. Both girls were being extra picky. We sat outside because it was nice enough to do so, but they whined about being cold the entire time. We actually moved to eat dessert, just so they'd quit their fussing.

Note: it was probably about 65 degrees or so, though it was windy. Still, I thought that was pretty great for a sea day.

After lunch, we took the girls to the Lab for the one activity they were interested in there: Ratatouille Cooking School where they got to make their own cookies. When they finished that up, they asked to move over to the Club.

Meanwhile, DH and I packed up some more. It was sad to take our magnets and FE down. I gathered up a bunch of the candy we got in our FE and packaged it up for our stateroom host. We left him a nice little bundle of treats with his tip envelope.

I called room service to order some fruit bowls, cereal and milk, so we could skip the early call for breakfast the next morning. It all stayed fine in the "cooler" overnight. I ordered a Mickey bar, too, so I got a sweet afternoon treat.

I went up to the Club to check on the girls, as I had a feeling DD4 wouldn't want to participate in Friendship Rocks. I was right, so I checked her out. DD7 wanted to stay, so I left her there.

DD4 was happy to play in the room while DH and I did more packing up until it was time to go get a seat for the show. DD7 really enjoys performing, and it was a lot of fun to watch her. She's worn her yellow tee shirt at least once a week since we got home. The picture is her with A DIS friend who happens to live just about 25 minutes from us.

After the show it was time to make our way to dinner at AP. We went to dinner very casual this night, and it seemed a lot of other cruisers did the same. I didn't feel out of place in jeans and tennis shoes. I thought the menu was cute with all the characters on it.

DH and I both got the tenderloin. The potato thing that comes with that is just weird and not at all tasty either. I also asked to try the crab-stuffed roughy, as I enjoy crab with steak. I only ate part of the fish, which was good because my stomach was a little upset later on, and I think the fish was the culprit. Anyways... I think I got the dessert trio, though I don't quite remember. I'm pretty sure DH skipped dessert. The girls were impatient, so we finished up dinner and said good-bye (passing out tips) to our servers before the little parade with the international flags and the Baked Alaska.

The girls went to the Club for one last time (sniff, sniff ).

DH and I went back to the room to finalize packing and put suitcases out in the hall. When we arrived, we found an envelope stuck in our fish. Could it be? Yes! It was an invitation to a special meet and greet to be held in Studio Sea just before the Till We Meet Again show. Woo-hoo!

We decided to skip the Remember The Magic show. We went into this cruise determined to NOT try to do it all, and we definitely did that with the various shows. I guess it's something to look forward to for next time!

We picked up the girls and took them get their Mickey bands removed. I had read on the DIS to make sure you get a receipt for returning the bands, which was no problem.

Note: I was impressed with the Mickey bands and how they stayed put all week long, even through the water in Cabo. I had wanted to remove the bands prior to going ashore, but DH was sure they'd be fine. And they were! Having them on the ankles rather than wrists worked really well for us, and the bands were easier to hide in pictures.

We took the girls to the room to just settle down a bit before going to "say good-bye" to all the characters. Soon it was time to go to Studio Sea. They were definitely checking for invites. It was us and maybe 10 or so other families in there. Then someone made an announcement, and the room FILLED with all the characters and performers who were going to be in Till We Meet Again. It was a crazy, chaotic free-for-all in there! The girls took off in two different directions, so I had to chase them down. The lighting was bad and the picture-taking too quick to get any fabulous shots, but it's the memories that count, right? And the girls were on cloud nine. Captain Hook took DD4 aside so he could sit down and show her his hook. When we mentioned Tic Tock, he took off running like he was scared. DD4 chased after him yelling, "It's okay, Captain!" Cute memories for sure.

Pretty amazing to get all of that in under 15 minutes!

We were ushered out and found a spot to wave to the characters and performers as they came out of Studio Sea to go down the atrium staircases. That was good-bye to the girls, so we didn't stay for the "show" part and headed back to the room. Our last towel animal of the cruise:

We all crashed. It had been a fairly full day, and past-10:00 is definitely a late bedtime for our girls who go to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 when we're home!

Next up: disembarkation (that dirty word!) and final thoughts

Old 03-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #26
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

When we woke to our alarm, we were already docked in LA. I showered while DH fed the girls the cereal and fruit bowls that we'd ordered the day before. None of us was very hungry, so I'm glad we didn't bother getting up an hour earlier to go to our assigned breakfast. (7:15 is just too early to eat on vacation!)

We left the room at exactly 8:30, which is when you have to be out of there. We walked around just a little bit, but it was cool and windy outside.

We went to wait in Wavebands. The girls danced around on the stage for a little while. They had already called three other tags but not ours, when a crew member came around the room, telling all of us that the tags were just to regulate traffic flow off the ship but that we could leave whenever we wanted to. Hmmm. We decided to give it a try. We got in line. Cruise staff member Fiona asked us what tag we had. We told her we had red Mickey, but we told her what the guy in Wavebands had said. She let us pass with no problem.

It took a little while to get herded into the terminal, where we had to go through customs and passport control. No problems there. A porter was waiting with an empty cart, so she went with us to get our bags. We quickly found them all and loaded up.

Since we'd parked at the port, it didn't take us very long to get to the car and head out. We pulled out of the parking garage just before 10:00AM. The parking attendant noted it, as we were within just a few minutes of rolling over into another 24 our period, which would have cost us another $12. Perfect timing!

Next up: lunch at the Disney Soda Fountain and Studio Store in Hollywood with a real movie star!

Old 03-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #27
spiiffy
Mouseketeer

Great trip report!

December 2012: 14 night Panama Canal on the Wonder

April 2012: 7 night Mexican Riviera on the Wonder

June 2010: 5 night Bahamas on the Wonder

Disneyland Annual Pass Holder
spiiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #28
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

i am loving your trip report so far... we are also going to be first time cruisers in november and we are thinking of skipping any port adventures and just staying on ship... well, except for castaway cay day. so glad to hear that another family enjoyed just being on the ship and relaxing and enjoying the vacation.

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #29
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Wow, lots of updates to catch up on

Wonderful pictures and how cool that your girls got an invite to that special meet and greet
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #30
lulubella1609
Mouseketeer

Loved your trip report! Your daughters are beautiful! We also got one of those special invites. Ours was from DJ Frankie and it was magical watching my 3 year old carrying on conversations with the princesses!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: