DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #91
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!

I need some reassurance ...

We're going to HHI for Easter week next year but will be doing a combination cash/points stay. Our first two nights are at the end of the season (March 30 and 31) which makes them substantially cheaper (cash) than the remainder of our stay. I am planning on calling April 30 to book those first 2 nights on cash but since the 31st is Easter, I am terrified that when I call back on May 1 to book the rest (on points), nothing will be available. Since we need a 2BR for this trip (and those are the most plentiful), my brain tells me that I have nothing to worry about...but I still know that it is *possible* that those 76 2BR's will be booked up in the 2 days before I call . We bought HHI points in January 2011, before we even visited, and our first trip there was booked on AKV points at 7 months. Since I got a 1BR for Easter week at 7 months, I really have no reason to worry about getting a 2BR at 11 months, right .

Someone reassure me that when I go online at 8am sharp on May 1 that my 2BR will be available in April .

... and since you can predict the future, please let me know the winning Mega Millions numbers for tomorrow )

Oh, and while I am asking about our reservation, let me throw another question at y'all... How does the member discount work? We got the discount on our 2BR's booked at 11-months for our upcoming trip to OKW in June, but are there blackout dates or anything? Also, I can't remember, do you pay in full when you book or is there a deposit? I need to know how much $$$ I need available when we book in a few weeks.

Thanks!

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV May 2015 AKV Expedition Everest Challenge
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #92
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to see if there is anything that I needed to be pre-reserving?? Any special meals or events at the resort that should be booked/reserved in advance?? Any character parties or such?

Let me know,
Mark
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #93
jollygreengirl
Mouseketeer

Hi, I posted a bunch of questions about HHI last night and it looks like it got deleted?! Am I not supposed to be posting in here since I'm not DVC? Weird. I have a few questions, but there is very little HHI info out there and if there is, it's all from a long time ago. Anyone willing to answer a few questions?

We're visiting HHI in mid-May with my ds (4).

1) Is wi-fi only free for DVC or did they make it free for everyone, like at WDW recently?
2) Do bike rentals cost about the same as offsite? We usually rent from Pedals.
3) Are the kids' activities just for kids in the childcare program or can anyone participate? Dh is getting ready to go overseas, so leaving ds in childcare isn't an option since we're trying to maximize our family time.
4) Does anyone there trade pins?

Thanks in advance!
jollygreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #94
Andrea_loves_Disney
DIS Veteran

Hello to all!
I was so excited to find this thread!! I just booked HHI for June 5-10!!! SOOOO excited to have vacation ON THE BOOKS!!! This place looks wonderful. We have never been to this resort or to HHI so we are really looking forward to it!!

I would love any tips about room location, things to bring, etc. Also I would love to "meet" DIS*ers ahead of time so maybe we can connect when we are there. We are ME Andrea and DH Kyle, DD16 Megan and DS12 Evan. My kids would love to know if there are other kids around their ages that will be there at the same time too!!

We are disney fanatics, and big pin traders..I read somewhere that there is pin trading here...anyone?

So glad to be here on this thread for the next couple months!!

Andrea_loves_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #95
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

I noticed one thing about pin trading there-there are lots of the CM trading pins. And since not too many people who are pin traders seem to go to HHI, whenever I was looking for a particular pin, the CM I asked would check in the back room and bring out all the lanyards. Regarding room location, almost all the studios and 1 BRs are in the main lodge, so that's where we've almost always stayed.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #96
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygreengirl View Post
Hi, I posted a bunch of questions about HHI last night and it looks like it got deleted?! Am I not supposed to be posting in here since I'm not DVC? Weird. I have a few questions, but there is very little HHI info out there and if there is, it's all from a long time ago. Anyone willing to answer a few questions?

We're visiting HHI in mid-May with my ds (4).

1) Is wi-fi only free for DVC or did they make it free for everyone, like at WDW recently?
I;m not sure, sorry!
2) Do bike rentals cost about the same as offsite? We usually rent from Pedals.
I believe they are all about the same price.
3) Are the kids' activities just for kids in the childcare program or can anyone participate? Dh is getting ready to go overseas, so leaving ds in childcare isn't an option since we're trying to maximize our family time.
I'm not sure what you mean by childcare programs? There isn't childcare there. They have things like Kids Night Out which are just for kids, but the arts and crafts type activites for kids, parents can hang around and stay with the kids.
4) Does anyone there trade pins?
Yes, they have pin trading. )

Thanks in advance!
Have a great time!!

JVL1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #97
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer00 View Post
I just wanted to see if there is anything that I needed to be pre-reserving?? Any special meals or events at the resort that should be booked/reserved in advance?? Any character parties or such?

Let me know,
Mark
You book everything when you get there. You'll get a schedule with all the weekly activities and can call from your room or go to the recreation window to sign up. Some you can sign up days in advance, some are only a day or so in advance, it will be on the schedule.
They have no characters at the HH resort, just Shadow, the (real) dog.

The only meals they have are a BBQ and a Low Country Shrimp Boil. If they are having them during the time you're there, you can book it when you get there.

JVL1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #98
emmababy
DIS Veteran

We are going June 3-9, first time!
Can someone tell me te cost of the shrimp boil?
Also, where s a good pace to buy beach chairs and umbrella?
Good suggestion on 9 hole golfing?
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
emmababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #99
DopeyDave
Earned one Ear, working on my second!

My partner and I will be there Apr 9-16. We're doing a day trip to Charleston on Wed and a day trip to Savannah on Thursday. Otherwise we plan on hanging out at the resort, exploring the island and relaxing.

First Disney Adventure: WaltDisneyWorld Preview Center - 1969 (I've been hooked ever since!)
Next Disney Adventure: Food & Wine Festival (Sep '14-BLT)
Previous Disney Adventures: Hilton Head Island Resort (May '12), DVC Member Cruise/Food & Wine (Sep/Oct '11), Viva Italia ABD (Sep '09) to name a few!

DopeyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #100
mopee3
Mouseketeer

My bride of 44 long suffering years and I will be driving up from WLV on Nov 6 then driving to Vero Beach on Nov 9 for 3 days. Anything we should look out for, crabs, deer, etc?

moe

Remember ya all, we are not promised anything in this world, for "You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes". So enjoy yourself and live today like you will never see it again.......... because you won't!!
mopee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #101
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

Anyone that's gone this year, come back, or just anyone, does the shrimp boil night change?? I read something on another site that said it was on Fridays? I'm hoping not as we're only there Sunday-Friday morning... Just curious if anyone knows.

Second question, has anyone rented Waverunners down there have a rental suggestion?? I'd like it to be open waters so you can really open it up!! :D

Thanks
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #102
MinnieGi
DVC/BWV & HHI

[QUOTE=mopee3;44638160]My bride of 44 long suffering years and I will be driving up from WLV on Nov 6 then driving to Vero Beach on Nov 9 for 3 days. Anything we should look out for, crabs, deer, etc?

moe[/QUOT

You're driving from WDW to HHI and then back down to Vero?? Can you change the order of that or do you live in FL to make that easier.
8 Trips while growing up,11/94 Dixie Landings (honeymoon); 11/01 WL; 10/02 OKW; 2/03 AKL; 2/04 BWV/OKW; 2/05 AKL/BWV; 10/05 JW Marriott;1/06 WLV; 7/06 BWV; 2/07 - FW Cabins;08/07 HHI; 11/07 BWV/SSR, 06/08 - HHI, 11/08 - BWV, 06/09 - HHI, 06/10 - HHI; 12/10 Christmas at BLT; 06/11 Disney with the dance girls and DD dancing up Main St. in MK parade!!! 11/11 Thanksgiving in WDW!! 6/12 in HHI! Christmas in Disney 2013!; HHI - April 2014; and Coming UP: Thanksgiving Week 2014!
MinnieGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #103
LPnerd
Mouseketeer

we moved here, LOL but will stay on the island resort a couple times... FYI, there is a piggly wiggly in shelter cove... great grocery store, BUT from 3pm on sat until around noon on Sunday t is a parking lot in there. I mean, carts in lines up and down every isle, no I am not kidding... its one of the only and the best grocery store in shelter cove. so all the time shares use it and they are almost all on a weekly sat check in out schedule...
SO you mid week will be fine, those checking in , you will NEVER get ti check into your room before 3pm and rarely before 4 in the summer, unless you are VERY lucky! So for saturday peeps... can I suggest plan to get to the island around noon or before, go t the shelter cove shopping center, its right off 278 or Hilton Pkway, on the right, look for shelter cove lane, the turn is just up from that and hard to see, if yo get to the turn in for Disney yo have gone to far. by about a block.
in that center are a couple nice little restaurants one pizza good for lnch, The Piggly wiggly grocery is on the end, also is Outdoor Play outfitters who have tours and activities you can sign up for, plus they use to give Disney a discount, maybe still do I'd check. go look it over. Then go get your groceries and go check in.
Your room may not be ready, BUT you can change, unload your car , groceries, and go hang by the pool. Vacation has begun!
Seriously, grocery stores on the island, from Sat at 3pm, until Sunday around noon, are NOT where you want to be, LOL>ITs so bad, you can't believe it until you see it.
LPnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #104
LPnerd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC SSR Owner View Post
We wil be there 5/26-6/1. First trip. Me, DH, and 2 sons, 7 yr old and 8 months old. Got 1 bedroom on points! Would you bring your own bikes down? How secure is the resort? Cameras? Patrols? Places to lock up bikes? Crime on HHI? Thanks!
there is NO crime here, at least not much... I livew here. Plus disney is kinda on it's own little island ish , you have to cross a little bridge and there is a guard, so yeah, you're safe as you're ever gonna be I'd imagine. except from the fire ants, and the noseeum's.
LPnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #105
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPnerd View Post
we moved here, LOL but will stay on the island resort a couple times... FYI, there is a piggly wiggly in shelter cove... great grocery store, BUT from 3pm on sat until around noon on Sunday t is a parking lot in there. I mean, carts in lines up and down every isle, no I am not kidding... its one of the only and the best grocery store in shelter cove. so all the time shares use it and they are almost all on a weekly sat check in out schedule...
Wow! The more I hear stories like this, about lines, the more I'm so glad we go off-season. Always shop at "the Pig" and the only line is maybe one person in front of us at check-out. And the one time we had a line to eat was when we went on Good Friday (AND it was the week of the Heritage Classic). Off-season is sounding better and better to us!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: