DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #61
Vickis3js
DIS Veteran

We are not booked yet have to wait for the 7 month mark. But our plan is to be in Hilton head in a 2bd from Dec 24-27 maybe 28. This will be our first time there but we needed a little break from our two weeks in disney. So we will drive to wdw and stay there from 15-24 and then drive to hhi for the rest. We are really excited about it. My kids are 12,11, and 10.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #62
SC Minnie
Are we there yet???
Buying toilet paper is like flushing money down the toilet.
The folded over ones are the absolute best!!!

We are going Memorial Day weekend- May 26 - 29 and Labor Day weekend Sept 1-3.
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #63
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Minnie View Post
We are going Memorial Day weekend- May 26 - 29 and Labor Day weekend Sept 1-3.
Nice to start and end the summer in Hilton Head!

JVL1018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #64
mommyoftwo08
Mouseketeer

We'll be there May 22nd to the 29th. Can't wait! Anyone done any of the coastal discovery museum tours?
Old 04-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #65
WolfpackFan
Retired and loving every minute of it!!

Does anyone know if they will be doing the Shrimp Boil at the Beach House the first week of June? We missed it last August and was told it wasn't done in the Summer.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #66
andijean
professional DIS lurker

Hello all HH lovers! We went to HH last year in August for the first time and just loved it! We had a tough time this year deciding between HH and WDW. I would have never thought that would be a tough choice. We definitely want to do HHI in 2013 and are contemplating the kids spring break which will probably be sometime in April. How does this compare to August? Is the ocean temp too chilly to swim? I know it will not be as blistering hot as August, but did love those warm ocean temps. Do you enjoy the ocean as much in the spring or is it a bit too chilly? I saw there were many going this April and would love some thoughts. Also, is it difficult to get April at 7 months? I know it was real tough when we got the August week. I might have to be one of those HHI owners in the future or we talked about renting a house somewhere on the Island. But I think I would miss the DVC...gotta love it!

May 14 - Disney Hilton Head, Oct 12- Bay Lake Tower & Beach Club, Aug 11- Disney Hilton Head, Oct 10- Bay Lake Tower, Nov 09- Bay Lake Tower, Dec 07- Beach Club, Dec 05- Coronado Springs, Feb 04- Westgate Villas, Mar 02- Radisson Pkwy, Jan 94 and many times as child

andijean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #67
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackFan View Post
Does anyone know if they will be doing the Shrimp Boil at the Beach House the first week of June? We missed it last August and was told it wasn't done in the Summer.
They've had it every time we've been there in June!

JVL1018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #68
Tink Fans
Mouseketeer

Smile how is the Shrimp Boil???

Can anyone tell me about the Low-Country Shrimp Boil on Tuesdays. Is it more fun with a lot of people? It would just be me, dh and my mom. Think I'll leave the teens out because they probably won't be interested in the food and just as happy to go off and choose their own dinner. thanks.

Hi Hoodedrooster -- we are there the same week as you. Me, hubby, my mom and two teen daughters.
Tink Fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #69
westjones
Mother of Two Disney Princesses
Boy I learn something new all the time on these boards!

I am joining your 'group' because I want to learn more about HHI resort, but we won't be going until May 2013. So I can't book until October of this year (hoping for a 2 bedroom at the 7 month window).

We only get to vacation once a year and we went on the Disney Dream last month for our vacation, so now I am looking forward to trying Disney's HHI resort next year. Thanks for all of the information. I can't wait to hear more
westjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #70
CoffeeCup
Mouseketeer

We just got back from HHI DVC last week, and it was a great trip. This was our third trip, and we find new things to do every time we go. We did the Dolphin Excursion and had dolphin jumping about 6 ft. from our boat. It was a great experience, and if you go on the one through DVC, they give a 10% discount on Mondays and Wednesdays. They still have the beach walk with the naturalist, but we forgot to do it this time. DH did the Pinkney Island walking tour with the naturalist, and he enjoyed it. We saw B'lou's magic act for the first time, and it was very good, and we also enjoyed his program of Tall Tales and Folk Music. There were a lot of people in the pool at the beach house, and we walked on the beach one afternoon...water was a little cool, and there were jellyfish and sand dollars covering the beach. We didn't spend time at the pool at the resort, but when we walked by, there always were several people in it. We had some very warm days, one day with a lot of rain, and a very windy day. Our goal was to relax and get away from work, and we enjoyed staying in and watching videos, reading and napping when the weather wasn't great. We had planned to do a day trip to Savannah, but we didn't get around to going. Oh, well, there's always next time. Our one regret is that we still haven't been there the right day for the Tuesday evening Low Country Boil. We spent only 5 nights this time, and we came home Tuesday morning. Oh, and the afternoon cranberry cookies were as good as ever.
CoffeeCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:32 AM   #71
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Tink "SS" I love your pictures! Thank you for posting! Someday we will have to go down in December to see those decorations in person!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #72
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

We'll be celebrating our 11th Thanksgiving at HH this year!

Nov 21 - 25. Our oldest is starting college this fall so we've had to shorten our time but 4 nights is better than none!

Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000 (Wonder/Bahamas), 2008 (Magic/W. Caribbean), 2011 (Dream/Bahamas), 2013 (Magic/EB Transatlantic), 2014 (Dream/Mexico)... and now May 2015 (Dream/Bahamas)!

Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #73
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewz1 View Post

Nov 21 - 25. Our oldest is starting college this fall so we've had to shorten our time but 4 nights is better than none!

Kristen
Do you have a picture of the beautiful view you had last year? Building 31? If so, it's so beautiful there, you should post it so that everyone can see the lovely views from that building.
Hopefully, we'll see you there and maybe the 2013 half-marathon, if Guy's able.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #74
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewz1 View Post

Kristen
Do you have a picture of the beautiful view you had last year? Building 31? If so, it's so beautiful there, you should post it so that everyone can see the lovely views from that building.
Hopefully, we'll see you there and maybe the 2013 half-marathon, if Guy's able.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #75
Tinks "SS"
DIS Veteran

yes, yes, yes, would love to see more views from rooms!!!

Bobbiewoz, thanks so much for the compliment on my pics. That means alot coming from you.

I am always wanting to see more pics. bring them on. I will be taking a ton in june but that is too far away.

me (Leigh Anne), DH (Bart), DS 12, DS10
Tinks "SS" is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: