DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
Girlie1
DIS Veteran

We will be there 6/24-7/2. It will be me, DS12 and DS8 in a 1 bedroom. Can't wait
Old 03-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #17
Tinks "SS"
DIS Veteran

may try a kayak tour but was planning on a larger boat tour for the dolphins. We really do want to explore the island more but also relax as well. June can't get here fast enough for us!!

me (Leigh Anne), DH (Bart), DS 12, DS10
Tinks "SS" is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #18
buzz5985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marynvince View Post
We'll be there 8/05-8/10. Last vacation before dd18 goes off to college.
We are there for the exact same dates. There will be DH 54, myself - turning 53 on the 7th, DS 15 and his friend, also 15.

Janis
buzz5985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:25 AM   #19
DVC SSR Owner
DIS Veteran

We wil be there 5/26-6/1. First trip. Me, DH, and 2 sons, 7 yr old and 8 months old. Got 1 bedroom on points! Would you bring your own bikes down? How secure is the resort? Cameras? Patrols? Places to lock up bikes? Crime on HHI? Thanks!
DVC SSR Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #20
Tinks "SS"
DIS Veteran

DVC SSR owner, If you have really good bikes, i don't advise bringing your own bikes. I have discussed this with my DH as we have bike racks and everything we need to take our bikes. My family (DH and boys) race BMX and mountain bikes so we don't take the chance on ruining anything on them from the sand and salt from the beach. We rented bikes last time and they were good bikes as well but made for the environment down there.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #21
WolfpackFan
Retired and loving every minute of it!!

We will be there week of June 3rd in a 2BR. It will be me, DW and DS37. We don't usually take DS with us on our trips because he doesn't like WDW. He really isn't wild about the beach either but a week of relaxing, reading, watching DVD's and of course eating some good food really appeals to him . DD32 is staying home this trip because she is teaching school then. Right now plans are for her to go to WDW with us in November, but she has a boyfriend now so that could change.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #22
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentina View Post
Quentina and Friends....

June 23-June29
Adults-Ken, Kim, Linda and Chip
Kids-Matt 17, Quentin 14, Johnny 12, Breyden 10, Jolicia 9 and Antonio 7

We have a 2 bedroom and a studio....all points (I love owning at HHI)
I wish I owned more! Every couple of years because I've borrowed from my HHI points I only have enough points for a few nights and I have to cross my fingers and hope for the best at the 7month mark with my BWV points. Another 100 HH would be great! Alas..not happening, but I live in hope. LOL

JVL1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #23
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC SSR Owner View Post
We wil be there 5/26-6/1. First trip. Me, DH, and 2 sons, 7 yr old and 8 months old. Got 1 bedroom on points! Would you bring your own bikes down? How secure is the resort? Cameras? Patrols? Places to lock up bikes? Crime on HHI? Thanks!
Like Tinks said, the salt can be bad for the bikes, we have pretty nice mountain bikes, so we rent. We just lock them together outside our villa, not attached to anything(locks-and baskets-are supplied if you want them). I find the Disney resort extremely secure, and I've not heard of any issues on the island, but I'm sure there is some sort of crime as there is everywhere. My girlfriend.s parents have a condo there and between her family, her parents and her sisters family theres someone staying there 3-4 months out of the year and her aunt lives there full time and she's never mentioned anything to me about crime..I've never seen patrols or cameras, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

JVL1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #24
GrimGhost
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC SSR Owner View Post
See you then! Those are our basically our dates!

I have worked in a field related to law enforcement/security for over 20yrs, I would characterize it as safe.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #25
DVC SSR Owner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks "SS" View Post
DVC SSR owner, If you have really good bikes, i don't advise bringing your own bikes. I have discussed this with my DH as we have bike racks and everything we need to take our bikes. My family (DH and boys) race BMX and mountain bikes so we don't take the chance on ruining anything on them from the sand and salt from the beach. We rented bikes last time and they were good bikes as well but made for the environment down there.
Thanks!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #26
DVC SSR Owner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGhost View Post
See you then! Those are our basically our dates!

I have worked in a field related to law enforcement/security for over 20yrs, I would characterize it as safe.
Looking forward to meeting dis people! Hope the weather is nice!
Old 03-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #27
lah3hh
DIS Veteran

Count us in for a wonderful HHI trip this year! We will be there 9/3 - 9/9 with DH, DD, myself, DB and DSIL. We have a 2 bedroom room and hope to get as close to the main pool area as we can.

We have HHI as one of our home resorts and so glad that we do because we LOVE it. It is because of HHI that we actually joined DVC to begin with...I know that is odd for most folks.

This now makes our gazillionth trip to HHI and can't wait to be there again. I know the 6 nights will not be enough but we are sandwich'ing in our HHI stay along with WDW pre and post!

Hope everyone has a blast...I know we will...

2014 Vacation Plans:

March Las Vegas - RCI/DVC trade into a Hilton Grand Vacation Resort (This was awesome and truly loved the location along the strip!)

May/June WDW Beach Club 3 nights then on to 6 nights at Disney's Hilton Head Resort and then back to AKV for 3 additional nights

October DCL Wonder 5 night double dip followed by 7 nights at SSR

[B]That should be enough vacation time for the year I hope!!
lah3hh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #28
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

We love HH and have a small contract there. I wanted to bring bikes last year and hubby said no. So we just rented them at the resort they have plenty and this was mid august. Hubby and cousin got lost and went on a 15 mile ride. Mike the pool guy is a wealth of knowledge about HH and Savanah.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #29
momoftwins

Frazzled Disney-lovin' Mom of twins!

Add us!

We will be here from 6/30 to 7/7. This is our first visit so I would love any tips or recommendations anyone could share
Pop Century, BCV,Wonder Cruise, VWL - April 2005, Pop Century August 2005, Boardwalk Villas - June 2006, Boardwalk Villas - April 2007, BCV - Thanksgiving 2007 - Boardwalk Villas - August 2008, Boardwalk - January 2009 - Magic Cruise- November 2009, Boardwalk Villas- July 2010
momoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #30
Tinks "SS"
DIS Veteran

will shutterfly import on the pics here?? anyone know? I've got some on my shuttlerfly account and thinking of trying to post some of my pics of HHI. I will try shortly to see if it will work!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: