DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #271
ssawka
DIS Veteran

I am so excited! We will be going very soon!

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

Last edited by ssawka; 07-28-2012 at 02:19 PM.
ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #272
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakamalua View Post
We'll be celebrating our anniversary in a 1 bedroom at HHI from 10/2-10/7.

We haven't been there in about 15 years. Anyone have any experience with the weather during that period? I assume that the beach house and pools are open. I'm going to request a marsh view; anything else we should request, like a specific floor?

Thanks for all the info on this thread.
I can't help you with weather, but the pools are open year round. Make sure you tell them when you check in that it's your anniversary. Then watch the resort channel-

I had to watch this several times before I could get a picture. I was so excited, it's even OK that DH's name is spelled wrong. I think they also post birthdays, so tell them about those also.
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 11:52 PM   #273
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Could not sleep so thought I'd say hello. Reason I can't sleep is I just learned that the offer I made on HHI points was just accepted by the sellers! I know, I know, I'm months from closing and deal can be ROFRed (been through this once - I own at OKW). I'm excited nonetheless! Plus it's a surprise so can't tell anyone at home. Well, thanks for listening!

Might not be going to HHI for a while, as we're already going to DW for 10 days on Christmas day. Still, can't wait to be there and meet some of you! I've been reading the thread trying to convince myself that I already owned enough point and that I could likely book a grand villa at 7 months off season. No use. You seem to be having too much fun!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #274
disneydreaming92701
DIS Veteran

Congratulations i hope the rest of the process works out for you
disneydreaming92701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #275
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw2012 View Post
Could not sleep so thought I'd say hello. Reason I can't sleep is I just learned that the offer I made on HHI points was just accepted by the sellers! I know, I know, I'm months from closing and deal can be ROFRed (been through this once - I own at OKW). I'm excited nonetheless! Plus it's a surprise so can't tell anyone at home. Well, thanks for listening!

Might not be going to HHI for a while, as we're already going to DW for 10 days on Christmas day. Still, can't wait to be there and meet some of you! I've been reading the thread trying to convince myself that I already owned enough point and that I could likely book a grand villa at 7 months off season. No use. You seem to be having too much fun!
That is terrific about the points! Hope all goes smoothly for you. Did you know that the grand villas there have fireplaces, and that the resort supplies wood? I remember a cute story a CM there told me. Points for a Grand Villa in February are supposedly very low. So she told me of a couple who comes every February for a few days and reserves a Grand Villa, just for the two of them. Apparently, she said, they don't have a fireplace at home, so they just stay in their GV and sit by the fire all vacation.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #276
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw2012 View Post

Congrats. I hope your HHI resale purchase goes as fast as mine did last year. Our offer was accepted 5/20/11. passed ROFR june2nd. We dragged our feet in wiring the money. Did that June 30 i think. Had the points not long after. I know I was in shock that it was less than 2 months from the time we decided to add on till when we had the points in our account.
ljcrochet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #277
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet
Congrats. I hope your HHI resale purchase goes as fast as mine did last year. Our offer was accepted 5/20/11. passed ROFR june2nd. We dragged our feet in wiring the money. Did that June 30 i think. Had the points not long after. I know I was in shock that it was less than 2 months from the time we decided to add on till when we had the points in our account.
Wow, I thought Disney took almost always a month to tell you that you passed rofr (but were faster to tell you that you did not). I have no idea of the current ROFR level for HHI. My deal is 50$ for 230 points, buyer pays closing, seller pays 2012 MF.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #278
DVCLaurie05
DIS Veteran

Help needed...

Hello everyone...

Just reading a bit on the board here... We are going down from 8/14-8/19.. We went for 2 nights a couple of years ago and only went to the beach and the pool.. it was our first trip there - and we were just "checking out" the resort...

Any tips on what to do and where to go would be great!

I saw some posting about a dolphin thing - is that through DVC? Also - do you know if they rent fishing equipment?? Any idea on bike rental pricing? Are there fireworks at the resort??? When we were there last time - it was 2 weeknights - so, nothing too exciting going on.. I remember games at the pool, etc... and a campfire....oh, and one of the afternoons we had rain But, luckily it cleared up for the evening...

We are driving down from NJ - looking forward to the trip - but, not used to "relaxing" - I prefer the hustle/bustle of WDW - but, hubby wanted to take it easy!

Also - if anyone has a sample of the activities sheet - I would love to see it!!

THANK YOU in advance for your help!!!!

DVCLaurie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #279
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCLaurie05
Hello everyone...

Just reading a bit on the board here... We are going down from 8/14-8/19.. We went for 2 nights a couple of years ago and only went to the beach and the pool.. it was our first trip there - and we were just "checking out" the resort...

Any tips on what to do and where to go would be great!

I saw some posting about a dolphin thing - is that through DVC? Also - do you know if they rent fishing equipment?? Any idea on bike rental pricing? Are there fireworks at the resort??? When we were there last time - it was 2 weeknights - so, nothing too exciting going on.. I remember games at the pool, etc... and a campfire....oh, and one of the afternoons we had rain But, luckily it cleared up for the evening...

We are driving down from NJ - looking forward to the trip - but, not used to "relaxing" - I prefer the hustle/bustle of WDW - but, hubby wanted to take it easy!

Also - if anyone has a sample of the activities sheet - I would love to see it!!

THANK YOU in advance for your help!!!!
Are you driving straight through or stopping along the way? We are planning ahead for June 2013.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #280
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

We leave in 11 days for 7 nights! Can't wait it is been a much needed vacation.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #281
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

So excited! We just booked for Fall Break (Oct 7-12) today! It will be my first time to HHI at all, and DS's first time to the beach/ocean (he's 4). For all 3 of us (us plus DH) it's our first time to the DVC resort! So...tell me...what do I definitely not want to miss??
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #282
fuadar
Earning My Ears

First Time TO Hilton Head

We'll be heading down to Hilton Head for the first time Aug 25 -sep 2
Love this thread and all the restuarants and tips given. Driving in from chicago and wondering anyone that has driven from the chicago area. if there is anything to see /sighsee on the way to hilton head. or while we are at hilton head outside of the resort what are the must see places
fuadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #283
withrow13
Mouseketeer

We are heading down August 11th. I have a weekly activity listing for the week of July 15th. I don't know how to post it here but I can send it to you. I plan on calling the resort this week and asking for the activity listing for next week.
withrow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #284
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
So excited! We just booked for Fall Break (Oct 7-12) today! It will be my first time to HHI at all, and DS's first time to the beach/ocean (he's 4). For all 3 of us (us plus DH) it's our first time to the DVC resort! So...tell me...what do I definitely not want to miss??
HHI is one of those resorts where you don't need to do a lot of preplanning. You should have wonderful weather in early October and you can spend your days between the resort pool and the beach pool.

I did manage to go to the beach house one morning right at 8am to see the sunrise (this was later October) and it was so wonderful to sit on the beach. I can't even express how peaceful it was. the beachhouse was not unlocked, but I found a way to sneak in through the garage.

There are pool parties for kids and there is story telling. I went on a girls trip so we went to Charleston one day and Savannah another day. Both of those cities were great fun.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:36 AM   #285
CoolDisneyCat
DVC member - BCV

I just booked our first trip to HHI! We'll be there in mid March.

Now I just need to change my trip ticker!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: