DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #211
MinnieGi
DVC/BWV & HHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer00 View Post
Just wanted to say we got home yesterday after a long 13 hour drive... It always seems to take longer on the way home for some reason?? haha This was our first trip to this GREAT resort, and now I'm looking back and wondering why it took us so long to go... I was worried that is was going to be a "sit on the beach" vacation, but it was anything but that. We had so much to with kids activities at the resort, Shannon Tanner at Shelter Cove, the Beach House, site seeing, etc. that often it was hard to pick and choose what we wanted to do. We had great weather, a bit of rain our last 2 days, but with fair skin kids this is sometimes a good thing as we didn't get burnt up, which most likely could've happened since I'd say we spent 3-5 hours at the resort pool each day... It was just so convenient to hope in between events to pass the time. Other from the few showers I think it was still low-mid 80's most days so it was perfect to be outside in. And it did clear up long enough on our last day for us to get our (orginally scheduled, then back on again) Dolphin cruise with Captain Scott.

All-in-all it was a great time! The Resort is great, and more importantly so are the cast members. Each one made us feel a part of the family, and that is the exact reason we love Disney! We had to have seen B'Lou at each one of his activities during the week, what a great story-teller and showman. He dazzled our minds and the kids with magic tricks and mind reading. If you go I can only recommend that you try to see his bits, I don't think you'd regret it.

It was also nice to meet those also staying at the resort. I could tell from looking at it, but was shocked to learn that there are only 122 units, so the resort pool never really seemed "overcrowded", which allowed me to meet some of the other families staying there. I even met a few that were on their very first DVC stays. We've only been members since 2004, and have only gone to the park, but it was nice to share some stories with members that were excited for what the future had to bring, and also hear what brought them into the DVC family. I'm such a people person it was nice to stike up a convesation.

All I ask is please continue to share your stories for those with trips to come. If I knew how to post pictures I'd post up a few, but I don't have shutterbug or flickr accounts. If anyone has questions don't hesitate to ask, and if it's something I can answer I'd be happy to help!!

If anyone gets room 2611 this summer or fall, all i have so say is that is the best with kids!!! Haha

Thats about it for now, I'm sure I'll add more this week as I'm sitting at my desk at work, but I just wanted to post up this little brain dump to share our excitement from our first trip.

PS- If anyone sees Joey around the pool, tell him little Emily from Ohio says hi!!!

TTYL,
Mark

SO glad to hear you all had a great time...we love HHI!! I agree there is so much to do here, but you can also really relax if you want to also. We're leaving in two weeks and can't wait!!
8 Trips while growing up,11/94 Dixie Landings (honeymoon); 11/01 WL; 10/02 OKW; 2/03 AKL; 2/04 BWV/OKW; 2/05 AKL/BWV; 10/05 JW Marriott;1/06 WLV; 7/06 BWV; 2/07 - FW Cabins;08/07 HHI; 11/07 BWV/SSR, 06/08 - HHI, 11/08 - BWV, 06/09 - HHI, 06/10 - HHI; 12/10 Christmas at BLT; 06/11 Disney with the dance girls and DD dancing up Main St. in MK parade!!! 11/11 Thanksgiving in WDW!! 6/12 in HHI! Christmas in Disney 2013!; HHI - April 2014; and Coming UP: Thanksgiving Week 2014!
MinnieGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #212
Andrea_loves_Disney
DIS Veteran

Hi HHI lovers! We are home...I am back at work...
But we had a GREAT time last week. I really appreciate all the tips and info here before we left. I am going to post a mini trip report on the main DVC Resorts page... I think more people will see it there. So look for it soon!

Wolfpackfan and Mark (uderflyer00) Sorry we didn't meet up!! After a couple days of rain and no pool...we were out and about on the island and I didn't really have a chance to look for people. I did have one embarrassing moment...I saw a family at the pool that looked like someone I thought had posted here that they were going to be there... asked her if she was on the DisBoards ....and she had no idea what I was talking about! It's hard to explain it to someone who doesn't have a clue what it is! Arg!!

Andrea_loves_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #213
WolfpackFan
Retired and loving every minute of it!!

Andrea - We would have been hard to miss. I'm 60'ish, bald with a paunch (okay, a beer belly ) and DS is a free spirit looking kind of person (in the old days we would call them hippies). DW is the only one that looks normal.

My Travel Pictures
WolfpackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #214
Andrea_loves_Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackFan View Post
Andrea - We would have been hard to miss. I'm 60'ish, bald with a paunch (okay, a beer belly ) and DS is a free spirit looking kind of person (in the old days we would call them hippies). DW is the only one that looks normal.
We were at the resort pool on Thursday afternoon and the beach pool on Friday... I didn't see you! Also spent a fair amount of time crabbing from the pier in the late afternoon Thurs,Friday and Saturday with Evan... That was a lot of fun!!! I am sorry we missed you!!

Andrea_loves_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #215
Laurabearz
I cant load my bobbin!
three kids keep me hopping
I was Grunge before Grunge was Grunge

Hot for Danny DeVito!

Location: 4.53 miles from PatrickIL' s house (would rather live by Universal to see if the Mummy ride will be open before May 21st!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveokw View Post
My husband and 20 yr old daughter did the Zip Line Hilton Head out of Broad Creek Marina today and LOVED it! A offsite activity for someone looking for something new to do here on the island.
Wow $90 per person...
1/02 OKW 4/02 Offsite 5/02 BC/Poly 8/02 The Plaza NYC 9/02 BWV/RPR 10/02 HHI GV 12/02 OKW 9/03 VWL 11/03 BWV2/04 OKW/VB5/04 BWV/HRH6/04 HHI 10/04 BCV1/05 OKW 6/05 HHI 9/05 CR/Wonder 12/05 HRH/BWV 5/06 DLR 6/06 BWV 7/06 HHI 10/06 BWV/HRH 11/06OKW/RPR4/07 SSR 7/07 HHI 10/07 OKW/Magic/VWL 12/07 OKW 6/08 DLH 8/08 OKW/HRH10/08 BWV/RPR11/08 OKW/POP2/09 YC/RPR3/09 SSR 6/09 HHI 8/09 RPR/AKVJ/BWV/ASMo10/09 RPR2/10 FWCabins 4/10 BWV08/10 RPR/OKW10/10 BWV1/11 SSR 1/11BCV6/11 RPR/BCV11/11 BCV/AKJSAV 1/12 AKJSAV
On the Horizon HHI 6/12

Universal Orlando is Disney's Best Kept Secret!
Laurabearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #216
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurabearz View Post
Can someone tell me what type of exercise equipment the gym has? Thanks so much!
Laura,

I wanted to let you know that I popped my head into the workout room real quick for you while we were there last week and they looked to have a fairly decect setup. They had 2-3 treadmills, 1 stairclimber, 1 excersices bike, 1 elipitical, 2 racks of dumbbells, and one of the large cable machines (not the sit down style, but the type you can stand in the middle and do cable flys from the left and right side).

I hope that helps.. I didn't use it, but it looked like it had a good bit of equipment.

Mark
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #217
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

I also wanted to add for those that may be interested and have kids under 16, that Harbourtown Adventures in Harbourtown allows minors to drive with an adult on the waverunner with them. I took our 2 oldest kids, ages 10 & 8 and they had an absolute blast being able to drive the waverunner... I called a few of the others that advertised waverunner rentals, but they did not allow anyone without a drivers license to drive, with an adult or not. So I just wanted to mention that if you might be interested.

www.harbourtownadventures.com/waverunners/

Their rates were:
$104 for a single
$114 for a double
$124 for a triple

Hope this information might help someone else...

Mark
Old 06-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #218
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

For all of you who just returned. Do you remember what time the beach house and pool closed? I heard reports that both close at 5pm.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #219
WolfpackFan

The Beach House closed at 8:00. The pool closed later, but not sure what time.

My Travel Pictures
Old 06-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #220
bigkidz
Earning My Ears

HHI First Visit

We are going to HHI for our first DVC visit. I always hear how nice it is. I have fallen in love with Savannah too tho. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle or ferry to Savannah from HH resort?? Or does disney offer shuttle service? Does anyone have any recommendations for our 2 day stay there? We are going November 1 and I was surprised they were almost booked except for 2 bedroom, guess it's not a "seasonal" place.
bigkidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #221
WolfpackFan

There is no shuttle or ferry from the resort to Savannah. You will need to drive. There are a lot more 2 BR's than 1 BR's or Studios that is why there is a shortage of them.

My Travel Pictures
Old 06-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #222
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackFan View Post
The Beach House closed at 8:00. The pool closed later, but not sure what time.
I wonder if the hours for the pool and beach house are seasonal? We were looking at going in May 2013.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #223
Tinker Bell Fan
DIS Veteran

Asking for a friend who'll be there in October

Is there perhaps a bus, shuttle or something to Charleston, SC?

One of the other questions she had was about Savannah and I found that answer already - thanks WolfpackFan!

PS: Love all the pictures - may have to discuss with DH and check out HHI!

Thanks in advance!
Me (Michelle) Hubby (Steve) dog (Muffy) cat (RIP - Kaht - 1990-2011) DVC members since 2006 (SSR) Trips: 1976 (off-sight); 1994 (Coronado); 1990 (off-site); 2006 (FW cabin; SSR); 2007 (SSR); 2008 (SSR); 2009 (SSR); 2011 (BWV; SSR); 2012 (BWV)
Tinker Bell Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #224
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
For all of you who just returned. Do you remember what time the beach house and pool closed? I heard reports that both close at 5pm.
With 4 kids under 10 we spent A LOT of time at the pool so I can help with this one...

The Big Dipper pool was open at 7 or 8 am (not sure the exact time as we never made it that early), but the slide opens at 10am. The slide during the summer is open 10a-6p. Then the pool closes at 10pm. This includes the hot tub.

Then as Wolfpackfan stated the beachhouse is 8a-8p. I can double check my activities guide when I get home tonight on the Resorts actual pool opening, but I believe it was 7 or 8a.

HTH,
Mark

Last edited by udflyer00; 06-13-2012 at 10:19 AM. Reason: addition
Old 06-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #225
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Hi - we're tentatively planning for the first part of March 2013 and I'm wondering about the pool. Will it be heated at that time of year? I'm sure the ocean would be cold, but it would be nice to swim in the pool.

Thanks for all the info so far! It really is so helpful! Hope everyone going this summer has a great time!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: