DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #196
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

The rain actually turned into a blessing in disguise for us. We got to take part in the DVC members tour that had a lot of great detail tid-bits about the resort. Pushed our dolphon tour until tomorrow, but doing the tour allowed Tink and I to finally meet up share some stories, and even catch a great illusion show with B'Lou in the den lodge.
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #197
WolfpackFan
Retired and loving every minute of it!!

We ended up going to see The Avengers. Dinner tonight at Old Oyster Factory.

My Travel Pictures
WolfpackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #198
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

Great movie!!! We saw it right before we left. Great mix of action and comedy. Hope you enjoy your dinner we just hung out in the room with some guiseppi's takeout. What great pizza. The suns out so we're just waiting for 1 last campfire. So sad we only have 1 more day..
Old 06-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #199
WolfpackFan

We had a great dinner at OOF. I love their tilapia. We are going to try to make the campfire if we get back in time.

My Travel Pictures
Old 06-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #200
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

If u make it look for us... there are 6 of us: 3 redheads, 2 brownheads, and 1 little cute blondie...

Hope to see you.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #201
Andrea_loves_Disney
DIS Veteran

We are here!! We love the resort as I thought we would, but the dreary weather is kind of a bummer! No rain today, thankfully, but still overcast and cool-ish. We went to Stacks Pancakes for breakfast and now we are just hanging out ... We had planned to do beach or pool today but it is not looking so good for that! We may try and do the dolphin boatride today instead of tomorrow... Look for us... Me, Andrea, DH Kyle (tall and thin) DD Megan 16 long wavy hair and Evan (12) always wearing a cartoon type baseball hat. Weather looks better for tomorrow for pool and beach. I'll try and post again but I am on my iPhone and it is sort of awkward! :
(sitting on the porch now and it's sprinkling!! Arg!!

Andrea_loves_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #202
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea_loves_Disney View Post
We are here!! We love the resort as I thought we would, but the dreary weather is kind of a bummer! No rain today, thankfully, but still overcast and cool-ish. We went to Stacks Pancakes for breakfast and now we are just hanging out ... We had planned to do beach or pool today but it is not looking so good for that! We may try and do the dolphin boatride today instead of tomorrow... Look for us... Me, Andrea, DH Kyle (tall and thin) DD Megan 16 long wavy hair and Evan (12) always wearing a cartoon type baseball hat. Weather looks better for tomorrow for pool and beach. I'll try and post again but I am on my iPhone and it is sort of awkward! :
(sitting on the porch now and it's sprinkling!! Arg!!
Stacks Pancakes! My mouth still waters at the thought of their pancakes with fresh fruit topping that I had last November. I hope they still have them when we go this year.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #203
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

Andrea,

I just saw your post that you arrived. Unfortunately we ship out tomorrow bright and early so i doubt we'll get to meet. Maybe here in the future... we have loved our first trip to HHI and now it will be hard to juggle this into the vacation trips.

Unfortunately the weather the last 2 days has been scattered showers, but i think its going to start clearing up now. Even with the rain today we were able to get our dolphin tour in with Captain Scott booked through Disney. He was great a got us right next to several dolphins. Hopefully you have a great trip as well. What building are you in? We took the members tour around the the resort Wednesday which was great and very informative. I know your kids are way past it but we learned (saw for the 1st time) that there is a playground on property. We didnt make it over to it, but the kids were excited to see it. :-)

Hope you have a great trip!

Mark
Old 06-08-2012, 06:58 AM   #204
WolfpackFan

Well looks like we might finally get a nice day but unfortunately we head home today. Oh well, we had a great time in spite of the weather. Now to start planning for next year's trip (actually we plan on coming twice next year). When I get home I will upload all my pictures and will post the link here.

My Travel Pictures
Old 06-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #205
WolfpackFan

Here are the links to my HHI pictures from last week.

For pictures taken with my digital camera click here.

For pictures taken with my iPhone click here.

My Travel Pictures
Old 06-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #206
WolfpackFan

One thing we noticed on our HH trip last week - there is a lot of dead grass or straw that has washed up on the HH beach. I mean a lot. I've never noticed this dead straw before. Has anyone else noticed and does anyone know what caused it? It is like the dead grass next to the resort pier, but this is coming from the ocean. I'm just curious what causes it.

My Travel Pictures
Old 06-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #207
iloveokw
DIS Veteran

Talking

Sitting on our porch in HH, checked in yesterday. Hopefully we brought good weather with us. So far it is great.
iloveokw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #208
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say we got home yesterday after a long 13 hour drive... It always seems to take longer on the way home for some reason?? haha This was our first trip to this GREAT resort, and now I'm looking back and wondering why it took us so long to go... I was worried that is was going to be a "sit on the beach" vacation, but it was anything but that. We had so much to with kids activities at the resort, Shannon Tanner at Shelter Cove, the Beach House, site seeing, etc. that often it was hard to pick and choose what we wanted to do. We had great weather, a bit of rain our last 2 days, but with fair skin kids this is sometimes a good thing as we didn't get burnt up, which most likely could've happened since I'd say we spent 3-5 hours at the resort pool each day... It was just so convenient to hope in between events to pass the time. Other from the few showers I think it was still low-mid 80's most days so it was perfect to be outside in. And it did clear up long enough on our last day for us to get our (orginally scheduled, then back on again) Dolphin cruise with Captain Scott.

All-in-all it was a great time! The Resort is great, and more importantly so are the cast members. Each one made us feel a part of the family, and that is the exact reason we love Disney! We had to have seen B'Lou at each one of his activities during the week, what a great story-teller and showman. He dazzled our minds and the kids with magic tricks and mind reading. If you go I can only recommend that you try to see his bits, I don't think you'd regret it.

It was also nice to meet those also staying at the resort. I could tell from looking at it, but was shocked to learn that there are only 122 units, so the resort pool never really seemed "overcrowded", which allowed me to meet some of the other families staying there. I even met a few that were on their very first DVC stays. We've only been members since 2004, and have only gone to the park, but it was nice to share some stories with members that were excited for what the future had to bring, and also hear what brought them into the DVC family. I'm such a people person it was nice to stike up a convesation.

All I ask is please continue to share your stories for those with trips to come. If I knew how to post pictures I'd post up a few, but I don't have shutterbug or flickr accounts. If anyone has questions don't hesitate to ask, and if it's something I can answer I'd be happy to help!!

If anyone gets room 2611 this summer or fall, all i have so say is that is the best with kids!!! Haha

Thats about it for now, I'm sure I'll add more this week as I'm sitting at my desk at work, but I just wanted to post up this little brain dump to share our excitement from our first trip.

PS- If anyone sees Joey around the pool, tell him little Emily from Ohio says hi!!!

TTYL,
Mark
Old 06-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #209
iloveokw
DIS Veteran

Talking

My husband and 20 yr old daughter did the Zip Line Hilton Head out of Broad Creek Marina today and LOVED it! A offsite activity for someone looking for something new to do here on the island.
iloveokw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #210
MinnieGi
DVC/BWV & HHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveokw View Post
My husband and 20 yr old daughter did the Zip Line Hilton Head out of Broad Creek Marina today and LOVED it! A offsite activity for someone looking for something new to do here on the island.
They have a zip line line now? That sounds cool. Do you take a boat to the zip line or is it right there?
8 Trips while growing up,11/94 Dixie Landings (honeymoon); 11/01 WL; 10/02 OKW; 2/03 AKL; 2/04 BWV/OKW; 2/05 AKL/BWV; 10/05 JW Marriott;1/06 WLV; 7/06 BWV; 2/07 - FW Cabins;08/07 HHI; 11/07 BWV/SSR, 06/08 - HHI, 11/08 - BWV, 06/09 - HHI, 06/10 - HHI; 12/10 Christmas at BLT; 06/11 Disney with the dance girls and DD dancing up Main St. in MK parade!!! 11/11 Thanksgiving in WDW!! 6/12 in HHI! Christmas in Disney 2013!; HHI - April 2014; and Coming UP: Thanksgiving Week 2014!
MinnieGi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: