DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #181
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran
 
mickeyplanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks "SS" View Post
Just checked in today. Love the view from our room. We are in Bldg. 11. We have a great water view all the time. The only down side is we can hear the A/C's running when on the deck. Not a big deal to me. I'm trying to do a live TR from there but won't have any pics until we get home. Hope yall will check in on it. And can't wait to see all the other dissers that check in on sun.
Keep the live report going please...will you let me know what time the beach house and pool close?
__________________
DW-me, DH, DD-7, DS-4

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #182
WolfpackFan
Retired and loving every minute of it!!
 
WolfpackFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 2,472

We head out to HHI tomorrow morning. We are really excited about this trip. DS37 is going with us and we were talking, this is the first time that just the three of us have been on a trip together since DD32 was born. DS really doesn't care anything about the beach, but he does love to read and watch DVD's, so I figure he can just hang out at the resort while DW and myself hit the beach. Plus he loves to eat (especially when someone else is paying ), so he is looking forward to some good food next week. We plan to go into Savannah on Tuesday and he is excited about that also. Now if we can just get over the trauma of leaving our kitty by herself for a week (DS usually takes care of her, while we're gone) plus all of a sudden I have a flat tire to deal with this morning, all will be good. One thing we are doing different this trip is we usually take a lot of food down with us and usually bring most of it back home. So this time we're not going to take much with us and just wait and go to the Piggly Wiggly there at Shelter Cove, when we see what we need. One thing for sure, we won't need to worry about breakfast for DS. He doesn't usually get up until noon or so .
__________________
WolfpackFan
WolfpackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #183
Andrea_loves_Disney
DIS Veteran
 
Andrea_loves_Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Chicagoland area
Posts: 592

We leave tomorrow!!! SO excited to see the resort, walk around...unwind and RELAX!!!!
The only thing I am concerned about is the weather forecast ... PLEASE someone tell me that the 40% chance of thunderstorms almost every day means that it storms and passes quickly... not something that is an all day affair...?? Ugh I would not be happy if it stormed every day!!! Please some one out there give me some reassurance..
__________________
Andrea

Andrea_loves_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #184
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackFan View Post
We head out to HHI tomorrow morning. We are really excited about this trip. DS37 is going with us and we were talking, this is the first time that just the three of us have been on a trip together since DD32 was born. DS really doesn't care anything about the beach, but he does love to read and watch DVD's, so I figure he can just hang out at the resort while DW and myself hit the beach. Plus he loves to eat (especially when someone else is paying ), so he is looking forward to some good food next week. We plan to go into Savannah on Tuesday and he is excited about that also. Now if we can just get over the trauma of leaving our kitty by herself for a week (DS usually takes care of her, while we're gone) plus all of a sudden I have a flat tire to deal with this morning, all will be good. One thing we are doing different this trip is we usually take a lot of food down with us and usually bring most of it back home. So this time we're not going to take much with us and just wait and go to the Piggly Wiggly there at Shelter Cove, when we see what we need. One thing for sure, we won't need to worry about breakfast for DS. He doesn't usually get up until noon or so .

How nice that you get to spend this time with your elder DS!
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #185
MinnieGi
DVC/BWV & HHI
 
MinnieGi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hockessin, DE
Posts: 4,375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea_loves_Disney View Post
We leave tomorrow!!! SO excited to see the resort, walk around...unwind and RELAX!!!!
The only thing I am concerned about is the weather forecast ... PLEASE someone tell me that the 40% chance of thunderstorms almost every day means that it storms and passes quickly... not something that is an all day affair...?? Ugh I would not be happy if it stormed every day!!! Please some one out there give me some reassurance..

Just looked at the HHI weather forecast and I don't think you will have too much to worry about for all day rains. Almost everyday said either scattered or isolated t-showers which means you might have a quick storm come in and be gone in half hour. You also might luck out and not have rain at all on some days. This seems normal to me for June. We go later June and usually experience some storms during our trip but are over rather quickly. It rarely ever wavers our plans much - just a run into the villa from the pool for a bit or pack up from the beach for a bit but than able to get back to our activities fairly soon.
__________________
8 Trips while growing up,11/94 Dixie Landings (honeymoon); 11/01 WL; 10/02 OKW; 2/03 AKL; 2/04 BWV/OKW; 2/05 AKL/BWV; 10/05 JW Marriott;1/06 WLV; 7/06 BWV; 2/07 - FW Cabins;08/07 HHI; 11/07 BWV/SSR, 06/08 - HHI, 11/08 - BWV, 06/09 - HHI, 06/10 - HHI; 12/10 Christmas at BLT; 06/11 Disney with the dance girls and DD dancing up Main St. in MK parade!!! 11/11 Thanksgiving in WDW!! 6/12 in HHI! Christmas in Disney 2013!; HHI - April 2014; and Coming UP: Thanksgiving Week 2014!
MinnieGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #186
Andrea_loves_Disney
DIS Veteran
 
Andrea_loves_Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Chicagoland area
Posts: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGi View Post
Just looked at the HHI weather forecast and I don't think you will have too much to worry about for all day rains. Almost everyday said either scattered or isolated t-showers which means you might have a quick storm come in and be gone in half hour. You also might luck out and not have rain at all on some days. This seems normal to me for June. We go later June and usually experience some storms during our trip but are over rather quickly. It rarely ever wavers our plans much - just a run into the villa from the pool for a bit or pack up from the beach for a bit but than able to get back to our activities fairly soon.
AHHH thank you so much for your reassurance...that is exactly what I was hoping you would say!! SO excited!!! Wolfpackfan and Tinks SS see you soon!!!!
__________________
Andrea

Andrea_loves_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #187
Laurabearz
I cant load my bobbin!
three kids keep me hopping
I was Grunge before Grunge was Grunge

Hot for Danny DeVito!
 
Laurabearz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 4.53 miles from PatrickIL' s house (would rather live by Universal to see if the Mummy ride will be open before May 21st!)
Posts: 13,754

We dont arrive until the 15th, but I am excited to read about people heading there in the coming days!! Thanks for letting us arrive early through your reports!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks "SS" View Post
Just checked in today. Love the view from our room. We are in Bldg. 11. We have a great water view all the time. The only down side is we can hear the A/C's running when on the deck. Not a big deal to me. I'm trying to do a live TR from there but won't have any pics until we get home. Hope yall will check in on it. And can't wait to see all the other dissers that check in on sun.
What floor are you on? And I can't wait to read your reports!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea_loves_Disney View Post
We leave tomorrow!!! SO excited to see the resort, walk around...unwind and RELAX!!!!
The only thing I am concerned about is the weather forecast ... PLEASE someone tell me that the 40% chance of thunderstorms almost every day means that it storms and passes quickly... not something that is an all day affair...?? Ugh I would not be happy if it stormed every day!!! Please some one out there give me some reassurance..
MinnieGi is right... they are often short lived and scattered. But I have to admit, we have always enjoyed watching the storms at Hilton Head. They can be quite spectacular!
__________________
1/02 OKW 4/02 Offsite 5/02 BC/Poly 8/02 The Plaza NYC 9/02 BWV/RPR 10/02 HHI GV 12/02 OKW 9/03 VWL 11/03 BWV2/04 OKW/VB5/04 BWV/HRH6/04 HHI 10/04 BCV1/05 OKW 6/05 HHI 9/05 CR/Wonder 12/05 HRH/BWV 5/06 DLR 6/06 BWV 7/06 HHI 10/06 BWV/HRH 11/06OKW/RPR4/07 SSR 7/07 HHI 10/07 OKW/Magic/VWL 12/07 OKW 6/08 DLH 8/08 OKW/HRH10/08 BWV/RPR11/08 OKW/POP2/09 YC/RPR3/09 SSR 6/09 HHI 8/09 RPR/AKVJ/BWV/ASMo10/09 RPR2/10 FWCabins 4/10 BWV08/10 RPR/OKW10/10 BWV1/11 SSR 1/11BCV6/11 RPR/BCV11/11 BCV/AKJSAV 1/12 AKJSAV
On the Horizon HHI 6/12

Universal Orlando is Disney's Best Kept Secret!
Laurabearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #188
udflyer00
Mouseketeer
 
udflyer00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 357

We are here too!! We checked in on Sunday and been loving every minute of it!! We are in building 26, which with 4 kids is perfect for us. Overlooks the pool and near all the central activities. Went to the beach and beachhouse 1st thing, it was beautiful. We saw dolphins out at sea, sand dollars and starfish under water, 2 large horseshoe crabs skirting along the beach and just a few jellies. For our 1st trip it was very exciting. Attended the campfire Sunday night, and all i can say is WOW, so much fun. Joey and Gaby were great with the group. Only tip, check the winds b4 picking a seat, we chose downwind and spent a lo of time dodging the smoke. Tomorrow night we'll pick better. We also did a little fishing off the pier!!! We had some great luck, we caught a stingray and 2 mini blacktip sharks.... it was so exciting as you definitely don't catch that in Ohio!!!

Last night we saw Shannon Tanner in Shelter Cove, he performs M-F 630 and 8, try to catch a show if u can, GREAT fun for the whole family. Also last night i apologize to any dis'er that might be above us as we had to brush out my daughters knotty pool/beach hair. No fun for anyone.

So far absolutely loving the resort and area, only sad part is we only have 2 more days. Tink or Wolfpack if u happen to see me around please say hi. My wife and boys both sportred hair, youngest daughter has blondey blonde, middle daughter brown hair, and myself an average mid-30s dad of 4 with a short haircut..

Hope everyone has a blast, ttyl in the trip, off to the pool,
Mark
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------
Mark , Molly , Eric , Haley , Luke , & Emily
OKW Members since 2004 and loving every minute of it!!

Last edited by udflyer00; 06-05-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: tablet typing
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #189
Tinks "SS"
DIS Veteran
 
Tinks "SS"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 596

Laurabearz, we are on the second floor. We love it. So peaceful. My DH and I are spending alot of time out there.

Udflyer, we had building 26 last november and loved the location as well. I think i have seen yall. We were at Shadows welcome home on sunday when i think yall got there. I remember a very cute precious blonde toddler loving on Shadow for a little while. My youngest was with me but my oldest and DH were getting ready to go fishing. i've got shoulder length strawberry blonde with blond streaks in it and my DH has a flat top with a white patch on top. with 2 boys. I Think i have seen your wife around as well at B'Loos thing today.
__________________
Groupies of HHI and VWL until i can talk DH into more points.



me (Leigh Anne), DH (Bart), DS 12, DS10
Tinks "SS" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #190
MinnieGi
DVC/BWV & HHI
 
MinnieGi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hockessin, DE
Posts: 4,375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurabearz View Post


MinnieGi is right... they are often short lived and scattered. But I have to admit, we have always enjoyed watching the storms at Hilton Head. They can be quite spectacular!

Laurabearz - I agree when we do get the storms they are quite a sight to see - in a good way!
__________________
8 Trips while growing up,11/94 Dixie Landings (honeymoon); 11/01 WL; 10/02 OKW; 2/03 AKL; 2/04 BWV/OKW; 2/05 AKL/BWV; 10/05 JW Marriott;1/06 WLV; 7/06 BWV; 2/07 - FW Cabins;08/07 HHI; 11/07 BWV/SSR, 06/08 - HHI, 11/08 - BWV, 06/09 - HHI, 06/10 - HHI; 12/10 Christmas at BLT; 06/11 Disney with the dance girls and DD dancing up Main St. in MK parade!!! 11/11 Thanksgiving in WDW!! 6/12 in HHI! Christmas in Disney 2013!; HHI - April 2014; and Coming UP: Thanksgiving Week 2014!
MinnieGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #191
udflyer00
Mouseketeer
 
udflyer00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks "SS" View Post
Laurabearz, we are on the second floor. We love it. So peaceful. My DH and I are spending alot of time out there.

Udflyer, we had building 26 last november and loved the location as well. I think i have seen yall. We were at Shadows welcome home on sunday when i think yall got there. I remember a very cute precious blonde toddler loving on Shadow for a little while. My youngest was with me but my oldest and DH were getting ready to go fishing. i've got shoulder length strawberry blonde with blond streaks in it and my DH has a flat top with a white patch on top. with 2 boys. I Think i have seen your wife around as well at B'Loos thing today.
Tink that's awesome, wish we would've known who each other was at that time. But yeah that was us, our youngest has fallen in love with Shadow and we had walk back up there just for her to see her. Then for the ghost stories i stayed back with the little ones as it wasn't recommended for them. Molly said it was a very funny story but he did a great job of telling it i a spooky way. Hopefully we can meet to at least say hi before you leave... will you be at the campfire tomorrow?? Those are so much fun, if you're here during one you have to catch it..:-D

And i think i asked for building 26 becuase of your post some where talking about it being so great. :-)
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------
Mark , Molly , Eric , Haley , Luke , & Emily
OKW Members since 2004 and loving every minute of it!!

Last edited by udflyer00; 06-06-2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: added
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #192
WolfpackFan
Retired and loving every minute of it!!
 
WolfpackFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 2,472

Rain, rain go away. What a dreary morning we're having at HH this morning. Did anyone get stuck in that downpour last evening. We were over at the marina when it started. I finally left DW there and made a run back to the resort to get the car and went back and got her. No need for both of us to get soaked .
__________________
WolfpackFan
WolfpackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #193
udflyer00
Mouseketeer
 
udflyer00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 357

Luckily we were waiting for our table while it poured. It kind of put a damper on our night tour looking for sea turtles.. oh well maybe next trip. :-)

Anyone her have any plans for today? We are supposed to be on the dolphin excursion at 11 so hopefully this rain breaks up...
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------
Mark , Molly , Eric , Haley , Luke , & Emily
OKW Members since 2004 and loving every minute of it!!
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #194
WolfpackFan
Retired and loving every minute of it!!
 
WolfpackFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 2,472

It has actually stopped raining now!! If the sun comes out we're going to the beach. If not, I think we're going to a movie.
__________________
WolfpackFan
WolfpackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #195
Laurabearz
I cant load my bobbin!
three kids keep me hopping
I was Grunge before Grunge was Grunge

Hot for Danny DeVito!
 
Laurabearz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 4.53 miles from PatrickIL' s house (would rather live by Universal to see if the Mummy ride will be open before May 21st!)
Posts: 13,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackFan View Post
Rain, rain go away. What a dreary morning we're having at HH this morning. Did anyone get stuck in that downpour last evening. We were over at the marina when it started. I finally left DW there and made a run back to the resort to get the car and went back and got her. No need for both of us to get soaked .
I happened to be watching the Salty Dog Web came when it started!! It was really coming down!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackFan View Post
It has actually stopped raining now!! If the sun comes out we're going to the beach. If not, I think we're going to a movie.
Oh I sure hope it does come out for you all!!


Can someone tell me what type of exercise equipment the gym has? Thanks so much!
__________________
1/02 OKW 4/02 Offsite 5/02 BC/Poly 8/02 The Plaza NYC 9/02 BWV/RPR 10/02 HHI GV 12/02 OKW 9/03 VWL 11/03 BWV2/04 OKW/VB5/04 BWV/HRH6/04 HHI 10/04 BCV1/05 OKW 6/05 HHI 9/05 CR/Wonder 12/05 HRH/BWV 5/06 DLR 6/06 BWV 7/06 HHI 10/06 BWV/HRH 11/06OKW/RPR4/07 SSR 7/07 HHI 10/07 OKW/Magic/VWL 12/07 OKW 6/08 DLH 8/08 OKW/HRH10/08 BWV/RPR11/08 OKW/POP2/09 YC/RPR3/09 SSR 6/09 HHI 8/09 RPR/AKVJ/BWV/ASMo10/09 RPR2/10 FWCabins 4/10 BWV08/10 RPR/OKW10/10 BWV1/11 SSR 1/11BCV6/11 RPR/BCV11/11 BCV/AKJSAV 1/12 AKJSAV
On the Horizon HHI 6/12

Universal Orlando is Disney's Best Kept Secret!
Laurabearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.