Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Is this schedule too much??

Hi there. My wife and I will be in Disney (staying at bonnet creek resort) for 7 nights April 14-21st. We are both 26 years old. I'm concerned we will be trying to do too much? This is our plan.

Saturday- Arrive at MCO 4 PM. Get rental car- check into hotel. Dinner at 8:15 PM at O'Hana.

Sunday- Seaworld all day

Monday- BOMA Breakfast 10 AM. Magic Kingdom all day.

Tuesday- Epcot, anniversary dinner at Bistro de Paris 8 PM.

Wednesday- Grand floridian garden view tea 2 PM, then Hollywood studios + fantasmic. Maybe sci-fi drive in for dinner.

Thursday- Resort/Pool day. Downtown Disney etc.

Friday- Universal Studios + Islands of Adventure ALL DAY.

Saturday- Pack up and leave for long island.

So- Is seaworld, magic kingdom, epcot, hollywood studios, and universal studios way too much for 7 nights? If you had to cut something out- what would it be?
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
krb2g
DIS Veteran

It doesn't look like too much for me. BUT I would switch the Boma breakfast to your resort/pool day if possible. Or make the day you have Boma breakfast a resort/pool day and go to the MK on a day when you can make RD. If you're interested in riding headliners with as short a wait as possible, you should try to be at the park when or before it opens. Have a great trip!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
mulvey3
Earning My Ears

It's definitely not too much. However, you might want to consider spending more time on Disney property-- after experiencing a couple days off property you might realize that spending more time in Disney is a better use of your time and money. Nothing is as magical as Disney.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran

I don't personally see an issue with it. Recognize, you aren't going to see/do EVERYTHING at the parks, so plan what things you especially want to see/do at each one. It does also look as if you have some really late starts on your disney days, what with the Boma 10am and then all the way to MK, and GF tea followed by HS. If I was doing these two "meals", I would likely switch parks, and do HS on the Boma day and MK on the GF day, GF is very close and on the monorail/boat chain from MK, so you could spend more of the day in MK, jump over to GF for your tea and then go back for the afternoon. But this actually looks like a relaxing trip schedule to me.

& Lucky
2girlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
DisneyLoverUSA
DIS Veteran

not too much

It doesn't look like too much at all. But I agree with PP about doing BOMA on your OFF day. If you plan on doing nothing that day anyway I wouldn't cut into a park day with a 10 am reservation. Considering when you are going is still considered Spring Break time you will probably encounter very large crowds so getting to the parks at opening is important.
DisneyLoverUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #6
ars0525
DIS Veteran

I don't think your schedule looks like too much, but we also commando tour from rope drop to closing a park each day.

I don't know what time MK is open that Monday, but with a 10am breakfast you might not get started until noon at MK? I haven't traveled Disney in the spring, but I think getting an early start in any of the parks is key.

Also on Wednesday...you are only going to HS after your 2pm tea? Are you planning on going there in the morning first for a bit?
Got my AP so visit whenever I can!

There's no crying at Disney
ars0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

Doesn't look like too much to me. Looks good! If you *really want to do Boma for breakfast, i'd go either early like 7-7:30 or another day so you can be at MK at opening.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
gator girl
DIS Veteran

I agree with the PP. This will be a very busy time of year... you don't want to be lingering over a resort breakfast & arriving at the Magic Kingdom at noon, unless you really like standing in very very very long lines for headliner rides. Switch Boma to your off day.

On Wednesday, maybe I'm misunderstanding but... are you planning to go into DHS for the first time in the late afternoon after your tea? Again, I'd recommend going early in the morning so you don't face incredibly long lines for the headliner rides which I'm assuming that two young adults want to ride.

Have you already made your dining reservations?

I don't think you've planned too much but I would recommend that you tweak the timing so that you can minimize standing around waiting for stuff.
gator girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
brockash
DIS Veteran

It seems fine to me. I'd do that with my 2 kiddos, so I think it'll be fine with 2 adults. I don't think I'd eat at Boma on your MK day though (too far out of the way.) -And there's no way I'd be eating a breakfast at 10am; that's going to give you a VERY late start. I'd either switch it to your pool/resort day or maybe do an early breakfast at one of the monorail resorts on your MK day.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. I gotta be honest, I am absolutely in love with disney but I am not down for getting up for rope drop on vacation. I'd be exhausted and cranky by the middle of the day, I'd rather sleep in and deal with longer lines than slightly shorter lines! Perhaps I will change BOMA to 9 AM though =).

Also- I was hoping spring breaks would mostly be over by that week. I hope I'm not wrong!

Also- that's a good idea to go to hollywood studios in the morning and then go to grand floridian and back at night. Want to get our $$ worth for those tickets =).
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #11
rafiki14
DIS Veteran

I personally would spend more time on Disney property. But if you're really interested in Seaworld and Universal, then I know you'll have a great time with those as well.

And as with everyone, I think Boma would be better for the off day. I'm afraid getting to MK at 12 may not make for a great MK experience. That's still a relatively busy time of year according to Touring Plans.

Again, to each their own. We like getting there early

But an overall comment, I do not think it's too much. I am in the same boat as you for our trip. We planned in one sit down meal a day. With no children, it makes your trip significantly different than most you will read about on here!
rafiki14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #12
Alby
Mouseketeer

It is not too much, but as everyone said, I'd minimize running around and put Boma breakfast on your off day (it is very far from MK! no matter if you want to do rope drop or not) and maybe GF tea on your MK day.
This would be a nice break and not too far (while DHS is much farther away).

Looking at Disney extended hours, it seems they expect your week to be still crowded.

Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2 View Post
Also- I was hoping spring breaks would mostly be over by that week. I hope I'm not wrong!
Massachusetts schools are on April Vacation that week. I think some other states northeast states too.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #14
Jabba20000
Mouseketeer

I don't think it is too much except that it might be difficult to see all of Universal and IOA in one day. We normally take one day for each but since you have no kids you might get through both quicker than us. Have fun!!!!
Jabba20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #15
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl

I don't think it's too much at all. It's not a whole lot of Disney time, but if you want more of an Orlando overview, its fine.

Tags
ohana, planning, schedule, seaworld, universal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: