Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2012, 05:51 AM   #16
mhsjax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujube View Post
She's a beautiful little girl who could use orthodontia.

My DD's teeth were probably worse than that, but you know what, the orthodontist said you have to wait until a certain number of baby teeth are gone. People here just slam these kids and moms for not getting the girls beth fixed. I am sure she will WHEN the ortho says it is time. My little guy is 11 and his mouth still isn't ready.
mhsjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #17
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, great job sleuthing! Let us know if you find out any more information.
If I ever need a detective, I'm sending you a PM.
Not hard to find that info. Most of it is on a page dedicated to Maddie.

I did read somewhere that the mom's are paid quite a lot to be on that show. The girls can't be paid, but the mothers certainly can be.

Maddie's page also said she had 8 callbacks for the Broadway show, Billy Elliott, but couldn't do it because she'd be paid and then couldn't compete and do Dance Moms. I think it absurd that the family would choose competitions (which are a dime a dozen) over Broadway, assuming she was indeed offered the job.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #18
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

I wonder if Holly's leave of absence is really her choice.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #19
jujube
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsjax View Post
My DD's teeth were probably worse than that, but you know what, the orthodontist said you have to wait until a certain number of baby teeth are gone. People here just slam these kids and moms for not getting the girls beth fixed. I am sure she will WHEN the ortho says it is time. My little guy is 11 and his mouth still isn't ready.
Geez Louise, it's a tv show. I'm not that vested emotionally. The girl has bad teeth. I'm sure eventually she'll get her teeth fixed, OK?
jujube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #20
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

the cease letter ---- that is crazy....
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #21
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsoccermom View Post
Maddie's page also said she had 8 callbacks for the Broadway show, Billy Elliott, but couldn't do it because she'd be paid and then couldn't compete and do Dance Moms. I think it absurd that the family would choose competitions (which are a dime a dozen) over Broadway, assuming she was indeed offered the job.
But the most popular reality TV show isn't a dime a dozen. She's getting a lot of exposure on that show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
Good question!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #22
Magic Mom
EVERYONE has the God given right to a vacation here
I did have to go there
And the end reward is my in laws

Quote:
DD had to wait until her baby teeth were out also. She was 11 1/2 when she got her braces.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #23
DopeyDame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
I wondered that, too! I was actually really sad when she said that, and suprised that the other moms didn't make a bigger deal of it. I have to believe her school was getting pretty uncomfortable with their association (albeit a pretty distant association...) with the show. It's not exactly the image they hope to project, I'm sure!
DopeyDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #24
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasywtch View Post
Very bored today. Took the day off to wait for a service person who never showed. So, I did some researching and don't know if the items on the internet or true or not but they are out there.

Melissa and her husband Kurt (don't think their divorce is final yet) had a mortgage company. He was president, she was vice president. It's still listed that way.
There is Reign Dance Production, a dance studio/school/hall and it's officer includes Melissa Ziegler which coincidentally is the Abby Lee Dance Studio. Unsure if she is just listed because she works there but it does say "officer" under the Reign Dance Production. One website was confused and thought the Abby Lee Studio was the competition side and Reign Productions was all the rest of the studio.

Her fiance Greg Gisoni is a vice president at Westinghouse Electric Operations/Delivery and has two patents of some type of invention. Looks like he may be in his 50's and have a couple of grown kids. His name is on some nuclear commission as a person interviewed so guessing he has easy access to lawyers who would try to buffalo these women with big words to try to get them to shut up.

A site says the mothers and children cannot be paid for being on the show as the children would no longer be able to compete as amateurs. I'm a firm believer that the mothers are definitely getting paid.

Holly-Nia's mother is a principal at a private school.
Cathy from Candy Apples and Abby are/were friends in real life.

I'm bored and not use to being home all day.
Actually the notion that the kids can't be paid because they would be considered professional is an erroneous one because they are on a reality show not dancing professionally. And to take it further, a child could actually be paid to dance professionally in a show or commerical and still compete in most of the compeition circuits. There are kids who appeared in Billy Elliot who compete still.

Also, with regards to Holly...my understanding is that she just recently left her job at the 'prestigious Winchester Thurston Academy' where she was a Director I believe. Many say she was 'encouraged' to leave because of her affiliation with this train wreck of a show. Her staunch supporters of course just say it's because she wanted to spend more time with her family Never heard of a high ranking professional working in a prestigious academic insitution leaving their position with only 3 months left in the school year because they 'wanted family time'. IDK Sure sounds fishy to me.

Also my understanding is that Reign is the name of the dance studio and ALDC the name she gives to her comp team.

Last edited by pacrosby; 03-22-2012 at 01:32 PM.
pacrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #25
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the voice of reason I've seen many people say less than nice things about that little girl because of her teeth. Boggles the mind.

For those who don't seem to be in the know: not all parents, or even dentists, are of the opinion that kids need to start with a mouth full of metal at a young age. More often than not it just seems to result in years and years and years of braces as their mouths continues to change and teeth fall out and come in. And of course you know what years and years of braces means? Dollar and dollars and dollars! I have a niece who started at 7 and at 15 STILL has a mouthful full of metal. My kids will all be waiting until 12 or so for their first visit to the orthodontist.

Last edited by pacrosby; 03-22-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #26
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

I though Holly's LoA didn't start until the school year ended--that she said it was going to be the NEXT year? I may have heard wrong, though.

Also, my first thought on the whole "cease and desist" letter was, that the boyfriend/fiance is still married. That would explain why he wouldn't want his new engagement beign discussed on TV, and also why he was so quick to come up with a lawyer to produce the nonsense letter. Which is what it is--you can't legally force someone to stop speculating on another person's life. It may be unwelcome, distasteful, whatever, but she'd have a heck of a time proving harrassment or damages or anything.

P.S. My son didn't get braces until he was 14. We grow teeth slow in this house! I'm sure Maddie will get the dental work she needs when her mouth is ready.
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #27
jujube
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrosby View Post
Actually the notion that the kids can't be paid because they would be considered professional is an erroneous one because they are on a reality show not dancing professionally. And to take it further, a child could actually be paid to dance professionally in a show or commerical and still compete in most of the compeition circuits. There are kids who appeared in Billy Elliot who compete still.

Also, with regards to Holly...she just recently left her job at the 'prestigious Winchester Thurston Academy' where she was a Director I believe. Many say she was 'encouraged' to leave because of her affiliation with this train wreck of a show. Her staunch supporters of course just say it's because she wanted to spend more time with her family Never heard of a high ranking professional working in a prestigious academic insitution leaving their position with only 3 months left in the school year because they 'wanted family time'. IDK Sure sounds fishy to me.

Also my understanding is that Reign is the name of the dance studio and ALDC the name she gives to her comp team.
To be fair though, isn't Dance Moms filmed several months in advance of the air dates?

On another note, the Headliners will not allow Dance Moms to film at their competitions and StarQuest has forbidden them from even competing at their meets.
jujube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #28
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznBelle'smom View Post
I though Holly's LoA didn't start until the school year ended--that she said it was going to be the NEXT year? I may have heard wrong, though.

Can I ask where you 'heard' that? I actually didn't 'hear' her say anything. People have been talking about it on a 'real' dance moms board for awhile. Just recently her name on the faculty and staff directory at her school no longer included a title.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #29
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

sorry...double post
Old 03-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #30
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
To be fair though, isn't Dance Moms filmed several months in advance of the air dates?

On another note, the Headliners will not allow Dance Moms to film at their competitions and StarQuest has forbidden them from even competing at their meets.
I think they are filmed 6 or 7 wks in advance. I know this past weeks show was from a competition held the last weekend in January. So it is possible that she was talking about taking a leave for next year and then it was decided she would leave now. Of course I know that's not 100% proven but the fact that she is suddenly no longer listed as having a position in the faculty and staff directly IMO kind of suggests that it may in fact be true.

And there are actually over 30 competitions that will not allow Dance Moms to film. I'm pretty sure there is no comp that bans them from legitimately competing, they just don't want to be a part of the show.

Not to sound like a know-it-all but I'm a 'real' dance mom and therefore have been following this circus. A lot of the info I get is from what I believe to be very reliable sources so while nothing is ever 100% certain, it's probably a good bet that it's true.

Last edited by pacrosby; 03-22-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: