Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #3376
ZellyB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler View Post
I recently sent in a half marathon time to put in for the Goofy challenge & got the reply back that it was taken care of but I never got an expected finish time back for the marathon
My estimated completion time came in a separate email that was from some autogenerated email address. Maybe that one got caught in your junk mail file or something?

And I'd be thrilled with Corral C. Here's hoping.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #3377
ThurlFan
Grim Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine girl View Post
Splash Mountain will be down for refurb during marathon weekend, starting just days before the marathon weekend starts.

Why can't they keep it open through Marathon weekend and THEN start the refurb? It would seem the smarter thing to do, with the higher crowds that weekend.

Maybe the refurb schedulers just aren't clued in to marathon weekend.

(edited bc I was wrong about BTMM being down too, so I took that part out! Also... one ride being down is not as big of a deal, I originally thought it was two right next to each other. Never mind! )

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It needs some serious attention, I think they're just hoping to get through New Year's before taking it down. It was down a LOT when we were there in June, and then in September it was running, but the hopping Bre'r Rabbit was missing from one scene, and none of the fountains were going in the Laughin Place. Really needs some work! I'd actually rather miss it than have it be operating in that kind of shape.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #3378
sunshine269
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler

I recently sent in a half marathon time to put in for the Goofy challenge & got the reply back that it was taken care of but I never got an expected finish time back for the marathon
I got the same. I got 2 separate emails, but neither gave expected time.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #3379
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine269 View Post
I got the same. I got 2 separate emails, but neither gave expected time.
I gave the time of 4:30 when I registered. When I sent in my 1/2 time, they upped it to 4:55. Dang! Should've kept my mouth shut, LOL
Old 10-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #3380
sunshine269
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmamiDEdos

I gave the time of 4:30 when I registered. When I sent in my 1/2 time, they upped it to 4:55. Dang! Should've kept my mouth shut, LOL
I can only dream of being that fast I just don't want to be in the last corral. So far I've been lucky and I've never been in the last. Even with not submitting a time. This is the first time I've submitted a time. It will prob backfire and I'll be in the last one
Old 10-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #3381
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurlFan View Post
It needs some serious attention, I think they're just hoping to get through New Year's before taking it down...~snip~...Really needs some work! I'd actually rather miss it than have it be operating in that kind of shape.
TOTALLY agree. I thought it was in bad shape back in February 2011 when I rode it after the Princess Half. I'm glad they're finally giving it a long refurb and I really hope it addresses all of the issues Splash has been having.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #3382
sunshine girl
DIS Veteran

Location: Once a Floridian, always a Floridian (but currently elsewhere)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel484

TOTALLY agree. I thought it was in bad shape back in February 2011 when I rode it after the Princess Half. I'm glad they're finally giving it a long refurb and I really hope it addresses all of the issues Splash has been having.
Yeah, you are right. I just selfishly want to ride it while I'm there! But I agree, I get so sad when parts of it aren't working. Or when my flume log is all out of sync with the action. Or when the logs "logjam" constantly. Or when the jumping fountains aren't happening... Etc.!

I'll just have to plan a trip for another Disney race post-refurb!

Old 10-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #3383
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine girl View Post
Yeah, you are right. I just selfishly want to ride it while I'm there! But I agree, I get so sad when parts of it aren't working. Or when my flume log is all out of sync with the action. Or when the logs "logjam" constantly. Or when the jumping fountains aren't happening... Etc.!

I'll just have to plan a trip for another Disney race post-refurb!

I specifically remember the music not being in sync, and I'm pretty sure some of the AAs weren't working. But the worst was getting in a huge logjam as the ride was ending. My legs were pretty sore from the Princess Half and to just be crammed in that log with no idea as to when we'd get out was awful. So yeah, I'll all for the refurb!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #3384
steph0808
Mouseketeer

New runDisney video posted. Getting me excited (and nervous). I am going to run 26.2 miles all at once?! haha. The longest I have done is 13.1!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daDQbIV1358
5k PR - 25:52
10k PR - 56:31
Half Marathon PR - 1:58:59
Marathon PR - 6:42:53
Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #3385
babyball
Earning My Ears

Tower of terror tech shirt

Hi. Just posting to let everyone know I have a tower of terror tech shirt for sale on eBay. Size small.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #3386
jmasgat
DIS Veteran

I would expect that RunDisney is just using a training/pace calculator to provide you with a finish time. There are several out there you can use to provide the same estimate. Here's one from Runner's World, and the second from Running for Fitness, which factors in age/gender.

http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/trai...-0-0-0,00.html

http://www.runningforfitness.org/calc/racepaces/rp

My news is that I have been cleared to run, but will not until November. Reason #1 is that my ribs hurt too much to even think about running, and reason #2 is that I just don't feel confident that my foot is entirely healed and that I can just start up again. So another 2 weeks is bound to help that.

Maura
Old 10-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #3387
lvvacation
Mouseketeer

I love this thread because everyone is so supportive and positive! That being said, do any of you ever freak out about running 26.2? I have had a HORRIBLE running week. We have a new puppy, which I love, but I am getting 2-3 hours of sleep at a time. I'm tired and not eating well. Intellectually I know this is the cause of my bad week. Emotionally... I am freaking out! I feel like I hate running and feel like I am crazy for signing up for this. I start thinking about running that far and I almost feel a panic attack coming on. I just want to give up I have my long run tomorrow and I am already dreading it. Does anyone else ever feel this way?
Old 10-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #3388
SAHDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvvacation View Post
I love this thread because everyone is so supportive and positive! That being said, do any of you ever freak out about running 26.2? I have had a HORRIBLE running week. We have a new puppy, which I love, but I am getting 2-3 hours of sleep at a time. I'm tired and not eating well. Intellectually I know this is the cause of my bad week. Emotionally... I am freaking out! I feel like I hate running and feel like I am crazy for signing up for this. I start thinking about running that far and I almost feel a panic attack coming on. I just want to give up I have my long run tomorrow and I am already dreading it. Does anyone else ever feel this way?
Yep, I've felt that way before. It happens - sometimes, you have a bad run, or a bad week. It's okay. Do your best on the long run, but, more importantly - get some rest!

Current running streak - 2017 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 179.1. Last update: 2/25/14.

All runners are equal. Some however, are apparently more equal than others.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #3389
steph0808
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvvacation View Post
Yep! I think "the most I have done is a half marathon and I have to run 2 of those at once!" But my goal is to finish and get that Mickey medal so I keep slogging through!

Once of our dogs was spayed last Friday and I was up all night with her. Then got up at 6 a.m. on Saturday to run a half marathon. ZZZZZZ. But I made it through and actually felt like I could have done another one! (okay, well maybe just a few more miles, but it gave me confidence that I can finish the full!).
5k PR - 25:52
10k PR - 56:31
Half Marathon PR - 1:58:59
Marathon PR - 6:42:53
Old 10-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #3390
garner384
Earning My Ears

Excited for Packet Pick up for the Detroit Marathon today...then focus on Goofy.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: