Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #3031
John VN
DIS Cast Member
N.Y. Style CHEESECAKE RULES!
Old Paramus Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
........Sad news is that most everyone running faster than a 12 minute mile will not get a good photo coming out of Cinderella Castle this year. It will still be dark for folks faster than this pace you it is really hit or miss for photos.
My corral this January was C and expect the same next January. Going to start with the Balloon Ladies like I did this year and will be pulling off the course for my M&M McFlurry at McDonald's like I did Saturday during ToT 10 Miler. Planning on a 4:22:00 plus the diversion time so with my plans I should be OK for a Cinderella Castle picture.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #3032
SAHDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB6876 View Post
What do you usually eat before and after the race? I have had trouble trying to determine my protein carb ratios.. Too many carbs just makes me feel full and almost lethargic. To much protein upsets my stomach. I guess I have not yet found the perfect pre and post meals...
The day before? Nothing new, nothing too heavy. Pasta is traditional, but I've done burger & fries too. It's just a bad time to try any food that is new to you, or anything that makes you feel "stuffed" afterwards.

Right before? Not much, and something that I know my stomach will accept. For a while, I would eat twizzlers before a race, because they were easy to digest, and didn't cause any GI issues. Training is a chance to see what works for you - some people like bagels with peanut butter, or oatmeal. You probably want something small, mostly carbs, a couple hours before running.

Post-race? As soon as possible, I drink a protein drink. (Chocolate milk works too, but those protein shakes are shelf-stable, so I can keep one in my drop bag.) I generally don't want too much right after the race, so I down the drink, and try to get down a banana or something. An hour or so after the race, the refueling begins.

For something like the Goofy, I will try to have an early lunch (which may be fairly substantial), and an early dinner after the half leg. After the marathon leg, I'll be hungry, so it'll be as above, but only to tide me over until DW is done, and we are both cleaned up - then I plan on doing some serious eating over in the world showcase. (And, eating includes drinking, obviously.)

Current running streak - 2017 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 179.1. Last update: 2/25/14.

All runners are equal. Some however, are apparently more equal than others.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #3033
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by John VN View Post
My corral this January was C and expect the same next January. Going to start with the Balloon Ladies like I did this year and will be pulling off the course for my M&M McFlurry at McDonald's like I did Saturday during ToT 10 Miler. Planning on a 4:22:00 plus the diversion time so with my plans I should be OK for a Cinderella Castle picture.
Just remember.... Cinderella Castle comes in mile 5 this year, not 10. Since the full course is the same as the half through the race track, I would expect the photos to be similar. Corral c started about 5:45. The castle exit is about 5.8 miles into the race and sunrise is at 7:19 . Yes there are lots of photos in the A, B and C corrals, but not as many as the later croups due to the flash and recovery required for a goos photo. You may need to add diversions prior to MK if you want a solid chance of a photo.

I have only 2-3 half photos since the course split in 2006. In the two castle movies that I downloaded, all I see are dork blurry images with lots of flashes from the still photographers.

I would not expect much from the candid castle exit for a 4:22 pace from the C corral. If important, hang a left at the end of the exit ramp and get a posed photo.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
Old 10-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #3034
John VN
DIS Cast Member
N.Y. Style CHEESECAKE RULES!
Old Paramus Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
.....I would not expect much from the candid castle exit for a 4:22 pace from the C corral. If important, hang a left at the end of the exit ramp and get a posed photo.
Thanks Coach. I will be starting in the back of the last corral, I think it was "H", with the Balloon Ladies again. It wasn't that bad passing since the roads were wide and when needed the grass was flat.

We'll have the motor home in the EPCOT lot so I can leave for the start at 5:30 and have no problem.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #3035
steves1019
Mouseketeer

Disney Visa cardholder discounts are now offered for our time period, if you have a DV I suggest calling to see if you can get a discount. Based on my room type at CM I cannot but GF was offering 30% all room types!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #3036
randomiam79
Mouseketeer

wow I have not been on here in a long long time and have a lot of catching up to do. 15 mile run tomorrow morning. for the first time I've considered doing a long run on the treadmill.

I've been outside runner but would 15 miles I want to make sure that I have water when I need it, and the climate control is much better than this sticky humidity we are experiencing this week in Pinellas County.

The treadmill is just so boring, has anyone else done a long run on the treadmill?
Old 10-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #3037
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomiam79
wow I have not been on here in a long long time and have a lot of catching up to do. 15 mile run tomorrow morning. for the first time I've considered doing a long run on the treadmill.

I've been outside runner but would 15 miles I want to make sure that I have water when I need it, and the climate control is much better than this sticky humidity we are experiencing this week in Pinellas County.

The treadmill is just so boring, has anyone else done a long run on the treadmill?
I don't do them but DH has. He puts in a movie to help distract him.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Old 10-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #3038
Drgirl
Earning My Ears

Hi Guys, So sad as I have injured my left foot right near the 5th metarsal. going to doctor tomorrow to rule out a stress fracture. This was last Thursday. Didn't run for 2 days, went out Sunday for 6 miles. Okay during the run but achy afterwards. I have been holding 35-50 miles per week for a few months and had gotten two 18 mile long runs in. Pain is still there. Haven't run since Sunday and it is killing me.
My friends aren't runners so they don't understand the frustration that I have about taking time off. I am concerned that I am running out of time for the marathon if I get sidelined. My head says to get out running. I don't know if cross training for a couple weeks instead will be enough to maintain my fitness.

Sorry - had to vent as I have looked forward to the marathon since last Feb's Princess run. REALLY WANT to run the marathon.
PANICKING!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #3039
CaptHomer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomiam79 View Post

I have done every run on a treadmill since June until last night. The most I have done on the treadmill so far this year is 10 but I have a 12 mile on Saturday. It is supposed to rain all day so I will be back on the treadmill.

I have a dvd player connected to the treadmill screen so it isn't that bad. I don't usually turn it on until the 5 mile mark or so. I don't mind staring at the wall, it clears my mind. I am about 4 discs in on a 10 disc set of a WWII documentary. I like to watch that type of show while running because it makes me think what I am going through at the moment while running is nothing compared to what these people are going through at that time.

Listen to music or watch a video on some type of device if you have it. That should decrease the boredom.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #3040
tehvalerie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves1019 View Post
Disney Visa cardholder discounts are now offered for our time period, if you have a DV I suggest calling to see if you can get a discount. Based on my room type at CM I cannot but GF was offering 30% all room types!
Sad times, the discount doesn't apply to Little Mermaid rooms at AoA, which is what we booked. We could get bumped up to the Caribbean for $90 (for a 6 night stay--not bad) but then we'd be in a different hotel than our friends. oh well!

Here's the info page if anyone wants to check it out. Discounts range from 15-35% depending on the resort. http://www.disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwroomofferoct12
Old 10-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #3041
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My longest treadmill run was 17 miles almost 2 weeks ago. I've found that the long runs go quicker on the treadmill for me if I read a mystery on my iPad while I run. By the time I find out "whodunit" I'm finished running, or it's at least time to hit the cold bath. I live an hour south of you, so I can relate to the suffocating humidity. It made me sick after the Tower of Terror 10 miler...

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #3042
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drgirl
Hi Guys, So sad as I have injured my left foot right near the 5th metarsal. going to doctor tomorrow to rule out a stress fracture. This was last Thursday. Didn't run for 2 days, went out Sunday for 6 miles. Okay during the run but achy afterwards. I have been holding 35-50 miles per week for a few months and had gotten two 18 mile long runs in. Pain is still there. Haven't run since Sunday and it is killing me.
My friends aren't runners so they don't understand the frustration that I have about taking time off. I am concerned that I am running out of time for the marathon if I get sidelined. My head says to get out running. I don't know if cross training for a couple weeks instead will be enough to maintain my fitness.

Sorry - had to vent as I have looked forward to the marathon since last Feb's Princess run. REALLY WANT to run the marathon.
PANICKING!!!!!!
Hope everything goes well at the doctor.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #3043
AB6876
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the food suggestions... I have to be more diligent about what I eat leading up to the race..

Old 10-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #3044
kmg148
DIS Veteran

Quote:
w
I trained for the Princess only on the treadmill. I would watch movies on Youtube! Disney movies of course!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #3045
randomiam79
Mouseketeer

Ok i may try my 15 miler on the TM in the morning. May get some weird looks at the gym but oh well...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: