Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #91
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomJen View Post
We just booked this cruise! Struggling with airports, hotels and transportation. Do you think we can make a 10AM flight out of Miami on April 4th? Thanks!
I think 10 am would be VERY tight. If there are any delays with customs clearing the ship you wouldn't get there. Even if you carried your bags off yourself I'd think it would be cutting it too close.
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #92
Trep72
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

Talking

Disney's recommendation is to not have a flight leaving any earlier than 12pm.

There are too many variables involved (customs, transportation, etc) IMO to have that early of a flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomJen View Post
We just booked this cruise! Struggling with airports, hotels and transportation. Do you think we can make a 10AM flight out of Miami on April 4th? Thanks!
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #93
Cptjackandcrew
Mouseketeer

We just got off this morning. We drove in from the Orlando area and spent the night before at La Quinta on Le Jeune near the airport. The rate was around $115.00, it included a free continental breakfast, free parking up to 7-nights, and one-way transportation to the port. We used their return passage of $10.00/person. The deal and transfers were a great value, the hotel was a bit low budget. Getting on board was easy, exiting not as smooth as Port Canaveral. We exited the ship by designated luggage tag. (I think they were assigned by dining time.) We collected our luggage off a moving platform like at an airport. We called the shuttle when we made it outside and were picked up about 20 minutes later.

Cptjackandcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #94
Max02215
Earning My Ears

@captjackandcrew: can you tell us more about getting off the ship. What time did they allow passengers to start to leave, How long did it take you to get off? What time was breakfast,etc. Thank you in advance. We leave on the 19th, and are worried about catching a 12noon flight out of fll!
Max02215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #95
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max02215 View Post
@captjackandcrew: can you tell us more about getting off the ship. What time did they allow passengers to start to leave, How long did it take you to get off? What time was breakfast,etc. Thank you in advance. We leave on the 19th, and are worried about catching a 12noon flight out of fll!
We got off in Miami. We had early dining, and our breakfast time was 7:15am at Tritons (the breakfast restaurant will be whatever restaurant you dined at the night before). You will have your same serving team, they were fabulous as always. Our luggage tags were called at 8:05am. I think that would be cutting it very close, as Miami is a large airport, if anything goes wrong, you could miss your flight. We were not subject to any additional screenings.
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #96
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomJen
I think that would be cutting it REALLY close. I would recommend noon at the earliest.
WDW:7/14 BLT, VBR & POP, 8/13 BLT, 7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
hardingk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #97
Sharkmeister
Mouseketeer

Why didn't I find this thread earlier?
What is the easiest way of getting to the Hampton Inn Miami Brickell. We will be staying there before our cruise.
Sharkmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #98
Trep72
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

If you're referring to going from the airport to the hotel, you might want to see if they have a shuttle. We are staying at the Hampton Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall and they have a shuttle to/fro the airport that we will be using to take back to the airport so we can catch the DME on Saturday morning. Unfortunately, their shuttle only runs until 1030p and we arrive in Miami at 1225a on the 15th, so we'll have to take a cab from the airport to the hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkmeister View Post
What is the easiest way of getting to the Hampton Inn Miami Brickell. We will be staying there before our cruise.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #99
Cptjackandcrew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max02215 View Post
I was trying to locate my disembarkation paperwork, but I couldn't find it. I would contact Disney directly to ask them about the 7:00 a.m. EXPRESS exit(?). I believe that you can get off the ship once the ship has passed through customs beginning at approximately 7:00. You will be responsible for your own luggage instead of putting it out the door the night before. This will allow you to exit before anyone else. We had breakfast at Beach Blanket Buffet around 7:15, then got in our tag line around 7:40, we waited about 15-20 minutes and then were able to get our luggage off of the airport like conveyor system, went through customs and were curbside waiting for our shuttle by around 8:25. I would definitely do the EXPRESS exit versus the tag exit. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can answer any more questions

Last edited by Cptjackandcrew; 01-06-2013 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Had cruise ticker on twice.
Cptjackandcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #100
familyfundisneyway
Earning My Ears

Transportation

Quote:
Go to Trip Advisor for Miami hotels.Hampton Inn Brickell is rated #1.If you read the reviews you will see alot of cruisers have stayed there.I think most take cab from airport.
familyfundisneyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #101
Dhew79
Earning My Ears

We are leaving from Miami and I am looking to stay at a hotel near Miami or Ft. Lauderdale that has 2 bedrooms. I've only have seen that the Hyatt house has 2bedrooms and they have a location in both places. Has anyone ever stayed there before or have another idea?
Dhew79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #102
jlmarr
You got that right

Does Disney Cruise Line run a bus from WDW hotels to the Port of Miami? We're thinking of doing the May 6th WBPC and would like to spend a few days in WDW if it's feasible. One way car rentals are usually exorbitantly priced.
jlmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #103
fredgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmarr View Post
Does Disney Cruise Line run a bus from WDW hotels to the Port of Miami? We're thinking of doing the May 6th WBPC and would like to spend a few days in WDW if it's feasible. One way car rentals are usually exorbitantly priced.
No Disney bus from WDW to Miami. When we thought about flying into orlando for our miami cruise we looked at one-way rental and it wasn't bad at all. Worth a look.

added: Just looked up an Avis quote from MCO to MIA for our dates and it was $60. bet you could get for less with some searching. :-)

5-night Wonder from Miami trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078323

fredgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #104
jlmarr
You got that right

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgirls View Post
No Disney bus from WDW to Miami. When we thought about flying into orlando for our miami cruise we looked at one-way rental and it wasn't bad at all. Worth a look.

added: Just looked up an Avis quote from MCO to MIA for our dates and it was $60. bet you could get for less with some searching. :-)
Ok, thx. Maybe the one way rate in this case isn't so bad because the cars tend to make the round trip anyway.
jlmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #105
Seahunt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will be staying there tomorrow prior to an NCL cruise and will ask for you. But it will probably be a week until I can give you their answer because I'm planning on a technology free cruise. No computers, no emails, no phones - ugh, hope I make it through the week LOL

I will try and take lots of hotel pictures, and get hotel area info, and will post that too .
Seahunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fll, fort lauderdale, mia, miami

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: