Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #1
UCLAVES
Earning My Ears

Dream/Fantasy Room 9588 or close?

Has any stayed in this room or one similar to it on this side of the ship? Any pictures of the balcony? We see deck 10 has a slight view impediment from the upper deck, just wondering what deck 9 looked like. Thank you very much.
UCLAVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
cmsb
Earning My Ears

We stayed in 9578 on the Fantasy. We thought it was a great cabin and there wasn't anything blocking our view. I'm not sure if it is a comparable cabin, though, so I'm not sure if this helps.
cmsb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
UCLAVES
Earning My Ears

Only 5 doors down. Thank you very much, really appreciate the information.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:55 PM   #4
Coldflame
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLAVES View Post
Has any stayed in this room or one similar to it on this side of the ship? Any pictures of the balcony? We see deck 10 has a slight view impediment from the upper deck, just wondering what deck 9 looked like. Thank you very much.
Deck 9, IMO, has the best non-concierge rooms / location. Deck 10 is just right underneath all the action of the busiest deck of all (Deck 11) and noise can be an issue at times. In Deck 9 you get to use deck 10 as a buffer and are only an extra flight of stairs to the all action. Highly recommend forward or Aft rooms (on any deck), if at all possible, as you get substantially less traffic on elevators and stairs.
Coldflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #5
missyp
Mouseketeer

We stayed in 9590 on the dream right next door. There was a slight obstruction of a wall to the left on the balcony. DCL does not consider it an obstruction and it did not bother us at all. I believe that 9588 shares that obstruction but it would be on the right side of the veranda. I did like the room a lot, the obstruction did not bother me but the noise from deck 11 did, very loud when out on the veranda. I would either go down a deck to deck 8 or more aft or forward. We now like to find rooms below the adult pool, much quieter

DCL Wonder- 04/14
DCL Dream- 02/13
missyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:51 PM   #6
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

As noted 9588 has the outer skin on the aft side as seen here. Most feel it's no biggie. Some in fact feel it provides more privacy and wind protection. One noteworthy advantage is they have a view down between the lifeboats.

View pics then read in reverse if desired, IMO.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2655554

Here is the rest of the ext. pics with the cabins labeled;
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....=dream+special

HTH
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
TronkoMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyp View Post
We stayed in 9590 on the dream right next door. There was a slight obstruction of a wall to the left on the balcony. DCL does not consider it an obstruction and it did not bother us at all. I believe that 9588 shares that obstruction but it would be on the right side of the veranda. I did like the room a lot, the obstruction did not bother me but the noise from deck 11 did, very loud when out on the veranda. I would either go down a deck to deck 8 or more aft or forward. We now like to find rooms below the adult pool, much quieter
Here is a post with a picture of the 9590 "obstruction" (and my DW).

1979: Polynesian (as a kid) ~ 1997: Disneyland ~ 2005: Offsite, 2005: Beach Club (10 year anniversary - w/o the kids!) ~ 2006: Beach Club ~ 2008 : Wilderness Lodge ~ 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2009: Polynesian ~ 2010: Disneyland Hotel ~ 2011: Beach Club and AKL ~ 2012: Yacht Club ~ 2013 - Dream 4 Night ~ 2013: Offsite (ASVH) for Thanksgiving ~ 2014: Boardwalk ~ 2015: Fantasy 7 Night
TronkoMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #8
UCLAVES
Earning My Ears

Thank you all, I moved down 1 to 9586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
As noted 9588 has the outer skin on the aft side as seen here. Most feel it's no biggie. Some in fact feel it provides more privacy and wind protection. One noteworthy advantage is they have a view down between the lifeboats.

HTH
Appreciate all the great info. I moved down one room to #9586. I think I finally have a room with a truly unobstructed view.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: