Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #16
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I think that's great that your boys are planning to run, also! Are y'all going to try & stay for the Villains Bash party after the 10 mile race? I want to meet some villains but I know it's going to be tough in the morning to get up after such a late night.

We're also planning to do MNSSHP on that Sunday night. I'm worried about the crowds because of everything I've read on the boards. But, I figure we'll just go for it & see how long we can handle it. The Pirate's League seems like so much fun. I love the new Jake makeover. I think your boys will really enjoy it.

I'm so excited for ADR-making day! I wish it would just get here already. I know all of the ADRs I need & I've prioritized them. Here's hoping we both get what we want!
My boys will not go to the Villian bash it's just too late at night, and the only ride they would do is TSM. If I do the 10 mile race (which I guess I've got to decide soon because I saw it's 51% full already) then I'll stay for a bit and go on the big rides I can't do during the day. But if I go 5k then I'll skip the Villian bash.

What have you been reading that makes you worry about crowds for Sunday MNSSHP, I'm really hoping that is a lighter night.

Yes I've been anxious for ADR day since booking our room, we are only making 2 or 3 ADR's but they are all first time for my kids since last trip we didn't do any sit downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Hi Jess! You'll need to teach Joey how to make spreadsheets!
Thanks for joining Heidi, yeah thats the next thing to teach him

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hi Jess!

I love your list so far! MNSSHP is such fun; and the boys are the perfect ages for the Pirate League!

Good for you on running Disney!

I know from FB that more family has been added to "the cast." Sending pixie dust for good planning and communication karma!

Kathy
Thanks Kathy, I'll need lots of pixie dust for planning this trip. I'm really hoping the Halloween party is all the hope it to be, I hope they aren't going in with too high expectations, I'm going into it with none

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Thanks for posting the link on facebook or I might have missed it!

Your plans sound great so far!! Good luck getting back into shape! Running at Disney is a great motivation!
Thanks for joining Amy, yeah I'm leaning toward chickening out of the 10 mile and doing the 5k, with the plan to return and do a half next year, it is great motivation
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #17
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hi Jessica!! You all will love Disney at Halloween, I'm glad we get to share some of that time with you.
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #18
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
My boys will not go to the Villian bash it's just too late at night, and the only ride they would do is TSM. If I do the 10 mile race (which I guess I've got to decide soon because I saw it's 51% full already) then I'll stay for a bit and go on the big rides I can't do during the day. But if I go 5k then I'll skip the Villian bash.

What have you been reading that makes you worry about crowds for Sunday MNSSHP, I'm really hoping that is a lighter night.

Yes I've been anxious for ADR day since booking our room, we are only making 2 or 3 ADR's but they are all first time for my kids since last trip we didn't do any sit downs
Yeah, I'm sure my little boy will be asleep in his stroller by the time my DH crosses the finish line. Hopefully, he'll be awake when we 1st get there so we can maybe get in 1 ride. Best of luck to you for whichever race you end up doing!

It just seems like everyone I run across on the boards going during our time, is choosing that Sunday night for MNSSHP. Hopefully, all the people who don't do any research for their trips will choose another night!

I'm going to try & re-work our ADR schedule today. Hopefully, we can both get what we want!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #19
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Hi Jessica!! You all will love Disney at Halloween, I'm glad we get to share some of that time with you.
I'm super excited getting to meet up with you

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure my little boy will be asleep in his stroller by the time my DH crosses the finish line. Hopefully, he'll be awake when we 1st get there so we can maybe get in 1 ride. Best of luck to you for whichever race you end up doing!

It just seems like everyone I run across on the boards going during our time, is choosing that Sunday night for MNSSHP. Hopefully, all the people who don't do any research for their trips will choose another night!

I'm going to try & re-work our ADR schedule today. Hopefully, we can both get what we want!
That is so great you are meeting your DH when he finishes the race.

Well maybe it will just be DISers on Sunday that would be fun, hope you get the ADR's you want, I'm posting my dining list here in a minute
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 03-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #20
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Is that an eating place????

My 4 yo Joey LOVES food. He will surely be a foodie when he gets older. Possibly even a great chef one day, as he is my little chef right now. He loves to cook, loves to eat, and is always asking if they will have food wherever we go...

When reading TR's on the DIS and he comes over, he is always asking where the food is? And then when he sees food, he says "oh yeah I want to eat that"

So our dining choices have taken shape to be:

Thurs
-this will depend on our arrival time
-either QS at our hotel, MK, or DTD

Fri

Breakfast- grab something small @ Starring Rolls

Lunch-

The boys want to eat in a car and are hoping for burgers and shakes.
DH and I ate here on our honeymoon

We had a great time, and the food was good, so we think the boys will enjoy it. It's been 8 yrs since I've gone though, I know it will be darker, so we are bringing glow sticks, what is the noise level?

Dinner-
We are dressing up, to have a feast outside, and watch this guy

Both kids are really excited for the Spirit of Aloha Luau, Jack has been obsessed with anything Hawaiian since he saw Lilo and Stitch years ago. And he loves ribs, so he is looking forward to that. As well as the entertainment, they have been watching youtube clips of what they might see in the show.

Saturday

Breakfast- will be a grab and go morning as we are doing the races

Lunch- is a favorite from the last trip: Flame Tree
Jack most looking forward to ribs again, I get the boys an adult plate
of ribs to share, and we swap out the sides for two bags of grapes
last time.

Snack- the boys have requested, well it's all they talk about really, they want some BIG ice cream again

So we'll head to Beaches & Cream for a cold treat at some point in the afternoon/evening

Dinner- we are snacking around the world (Food & Wine)

Sunday

Breakfast-probably grab something either in resort or at Main Street Bakery

Lunch- QS Pinocchio Village Haus

Dinner- QS Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe

Monday

Breakfast- we are very excited to eat here

Looking forward to some fun character interactions, and some yummy Mickey waffles and juice

Lunch- either resort lunch or Earl of Sandwich

The great thing about most of our dining is it can be flexible. We've are only making 3 reservations and two are on a light park day, and the other is a non park day.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #21
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Your dining plans look good!

I am contemplating trying Sci-Fi on this trip. My other thought though is to do Mama Melrose F! package.

We are hoping to do Ohana for breakfast too!

Who knows....we may see y'all on the Sunday night during MNSSHP! Our plan is also to do dinner at Cosmic Ray's.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #23
dara00
DIS Veteran

looks like fun!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

dara00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #24
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

HI! I'll join in since our dates are the same!

DH and I are planning on doing the TOT race too. I'm so sure you can do the 10mile! My mom and I completed the Princess 1/2 and we were NOT runners before that. We completed it, had fun, and came out alive! Did you look at the training plans from Jeff Galloway on the RunDisney site? That is what we followed for the 1/2 and it was right on!
My mom takes our Disney trips with us so she is staying with our boys while DH and I party!! Well, as long as we can stay awake!

Can't wait to see more plans!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #25
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

You have some great dining plans! Love O'hanas for breakfast and the characters are great.

We have never done the luau show. I need to check it out some time. It looks like fun.

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #26
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Jess make sure you have some back up plans for dinner Saturday night at Epcot. Lines for F&W booths on a Saturday night can get really long, especially for the popular stuff. And we know hungry + long wait (can) = meltdown

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #27
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Love the flexible dining choices! We've never done Spirit of Aloha; I'm looking forward to your review!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #28
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your dining plans look good!

I am contemplating trying Sci-Fi on this trip. My other thought though is to do Mama Melrose F! package.

We are hoping to do Ohana for breakfast too!

Who knows....we may see y'all on the Sunday night during MNSSHP! Our plan is also to do dinner at Cosmic Ray's.
F! package sounds like fun, we don't have plans to watch that show this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Great dining plans! I like how flexible they are.
Thanks, as you know flexibility is key in my home

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
looks like fun!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
HI! I'll join in since our dates are the same!

DH and I are planning on doing the TOT race too. I'm so sure you can do the 10mile! My mom and I completed the Princess 1/2 and we were NOT runners before that. We completed it, had fun, and came out alive! Did you look at the training plans from Jeff Galloway on the RunDisney site? That is what we followed for the 1/2 and it was right on!
My mom takes our Disney trips with us so she is staying with our boys while DH and I party!! Well, as long as we can stay awake!

Can't wait to see more plans!
Hello and Welcome!!! Yes I used the Jeff Galloway plans too, right now it's just about finding time to do it. My Mom is coming with me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
You have some great dining plans! Love O'hanas for breakfast and the characters are great.

We have never done the luau show. I need to check it out some time. It looks like fun.
We have been talking about seeing the Luau since Jack was 3 (he is now 7), just wan't sure he was ready before now. We are all very excited about that meal/experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Jess make sure you have some back up plans for dinner Saturday night at Epcot. Lines for F&W booths on a Saturday night can get really long, especially for the popular stuff. And we know hungry + long wait (can) = meltdown
Thanks Heidi, I was going to bring the boys some snacks that night for waiting, but I think we have scratched Epcot completely for that day, as the touring plans has it now as being VERY busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Love the flexible dining choices! We've never done Spirit of Aloha; I'm looking forward to your review!

Kathy
Thanks Kathy, I'm sure there will be LOTS of pictures, video being taken, possibly by Jack I may have to get him his own camera for this trip

Well you know that old saying "When it Rains it Poors?" It's been raining pretty hard over here. I keep trying to make lemonade out of the lemons that keep getting thrown at me, but my pitcher is over flowing. Looking forward to a get a way now then ever, just sad I have to wait so long.

I haven't had much time for planning, but with some rest and family time planned for this weekend I should be able to post an update on our trip later today or tomorrow

Old 04-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #29
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post

I haven't had much time for planning, but with some rest and family time planned for this weekend I should be able to post an update on our trip later today or tomorrow

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #30
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Where will we rest our heads?

Where we will rest our heads has taken many turns both before beginning this PTR and even most recently...

So like I said before, originally this trip was planned for a week earlier. At that time we were looking into staying here:

Then when I heard about the upcoming race and we changed our dates to the following weekend, I studied all the previous race information listed for hotels. This was in an attempt to guess at where we could book our room. Race info had not been released yet. So we booked here:

Well the race info got released and originally that was not an option, so we looked into these two hotels:

with the pin my mom had, there weren't any rooms left at the reduced rate at POFQ so we booked the All Star Sports.

Then I checked the race info page again and saw CBR was listed as one of the race hotels, either I missed it the first time, or it got added after. But we did not switch. So as it stands today, we are booked at All Star Sports (which is where my son Jack, the 7 yo wants to stay- he got nervous about the pirate room, and I have stayed previously).

However... Come on you knew this was coming

This is going to sound strange, but with the lemons I've had thrown at me comes some lemonade in the form of possibly being able to have a longer stay for me and the boys. So with this extended stay we are looking at doing a split stay beginning here:

The idea of staying here has me excited, so excited that I can't wait to tell the boys if it actually happens as it is on our bucket list for places to stay in WDW. We would arrive to Florida now as early as Sunday Sept 23 and stay in the cabin until Friday, where we would move to the All Star Sports for the race events. And then leave Sunday instead of Monday to head home. We should know within the next two weeks if we will be making the change. Heres to hoping

Stay tuned to see if we get to make the change...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: