Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
TiggerBouncy
Mouseketeer

Disney wish and princess

According to our palo waiter (just got off the fantasy), the new ships are confirmed and will be called the princess and the wish (named after make-a-wish foundation).

The wish will be midsize. Bigger than the magic, but smaller than the fantasy. The reasoning according to him is that there are many ports the fantasy can't go to based on size, so the wish will be smaller so it can go to those ports.

Don't know if he was right or a complete loon. But that's the story he gave us.
TiggerBouncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a good source. Now it just needs confirmed by a WDW bus driver.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
TiggerBouncy
Mouseketeer

Someone in the pool claimed they also heard the princess, but that ship would be larger than the fantasy. However he seemed a less reliable source. I guess both could be true since they are two ships.

Still I take everything with a grain of pixie-dust until confirmed by an official source.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namsupak View Post
Now it just needs confirmed by a WDW bus driver.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

If it were true, why wasn't it officially announced this week along with the Monstrous summer events, (especially the 24-hr opening next month) and the Magic renovations?

Naming a ship the Princess would be too confusing with Princess Cruise Lines. I just don't bulleeve it.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
If it were true, why wasn't it officially announced this week along with the Monstrous summer events, (especially the 24-hr opening next month) and the Magic renovations?

Naming a ship the Princess would be too confusing with Princess Cruise Lines. I just don't bulleeve it.
Naming the ship the Princess would not be any more confusing than having the Carnival Dream, Carnival Fantasy or any other ship that has a duplicate name. There are dozens of ships from different cruise lines with the same names.

But, I do agree if the two NEW ships were to be announced it would have been yesterday at the press event....unless....they are waiting to announce them down the road at some point. I fully believe DCL will expand their fleet...just don't know when. They are sinking a ton of money on the refurb of the Magic so don't see new ships any time soon.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #7
TXDCLfan
Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerBouncy View Post
According to our palo waiter (just got off the fantasy), the new ships are confirmed and will be called the princess and the wish (named after make-a-wish foundation).

The wish will be midsize. Bigger than the magic, but smaller than the fantasy. The reasoning according to him is that there are many ports the fantasy can't go to based on size, so the wish will be smaller so it can go to those ports.

I have a very good friend who is a head server of 12 years on the Magic and I asked him if they get information before it was released to the public and his answer was no and that some crew members love to start rumors

TXDCLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
TiggerBouncy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDCLfan View Post
I have a very good friend who is a head server of 12 years on the Magic and I asked him if they get information before it was released to the public and his answer was no and that some crew members love to start rumors
No doubt, which is why you might have noticed my last line as well... I take it with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #9
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namsupak View Post
Sounds like a good source. Now it just needs confirmed by a WDW bus driver.

okay, I just snorted out my drink! that is seriously one of the funniest things I have read in months. it took me off guard cause your right, how many times have we heard about what the bus driver said.
heavens, i'm still laughing, thanks.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #10
canadiandisneycruise
Mouseketeer

We heard the next one is to be called "Believe"! Rumours.....
canadiandisneycruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:42 PM   #11
Toddymae
Earning My Ears, again and again

Get real - there are no new ships. As a share holder I'd be so mad if Disney was planning on any more ships in the near future. The Company has too many projects right now to be planning for new ships.

I was reading the Wall Street Journal two weeks ago and those ''people' had the 'professionalism' to quote from the disboards that Disney was planning new ships. A new low in journalism.

Last edited by Toddymae; 04-28-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Toddymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #12
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddymae
Get real - there are no new ships. As a share holder I'd be so pissed if Disney was planning on any more ships in the near future. The Company has too many projects right now to be planning for new ships.

I was reading the Wall Street Journal two weeks ago and those ''people' had the 'professionalism' to quote from the disboards that Disney was planning new ships. A new low in journalism.
Interesting. Please excuse my impertinence, but with all the new update buzz, are shares looking up?

Frankly I don't think I will ever go to the fancy Hawaiian resort which makes me wish they did have more ships to offer more itineraries on...from a consumer standpoint...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:51 AM   #13
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Their fancy Hawaiian resort is quite nice. Staying in Hawaii is expensive, period. It wasn't sticker shock when you compared it to others on the island.

As far as other ships, Disney will probably build two more eventually. However I'm pretty sure they want to balance the load of the current ones first.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

99 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:56 AM   #14
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris0809
Their fancy Hawaiian resort is quite nice. Staying in Hawaii is expensive, period. It wasn't sticker shock when you compared it to others on the island.

As far as other ships, Disney will probably build two more eventually. However I'm pretty sure they want to balance the load of the current ones first.
We cruised Hawaii on RCCL and it was an awesome cruise except for four days of open ocean and a bus ride to Tiajuana that would make you want to cover your eyes. I don't remember the cruise being nearly as special as this last 3 day Dream was for me but every Hawaiian port was very cool. I don't see me staying at any fancy resort in Hawaii. Hate to say it, but just mono railing through Polynesian gets me Disney excited! N I don't have to pay airfare for that... Hoping for a Hawaiian DCL that's not outrageous some day so I can get the best of everything...
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #15
delo4
Mouseketeer
I am not a fancy food eater

We cruised recently and talked with Captain Tom at the Castaway Club Reception. He said that Disney is always planning for the future, but as of right now, there are no contracts to build any new ships. He said the dry dock refurbishment of the Magic is the priority at the moment.

He also told us that one of the reasons for releasing cruise dates later than usual is because there are so many cruise ships out there vying for dock space. It's very competitive with the sheer number of cruise ships, especially in the Caribbean.
delo4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: