Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #136
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliepie View Post
Hey guys,

Sorry I've been MIA. I have had one heck of a week. Big homework assignments were due and then I got into a car accident a couple of days ago. Everyone is ok, just took off my rear bumper and dented my rear door. I have to finish up my assignments today and then take my car into the shop tomorrow and I'll be back designing again after that. I hope I didn't miss anyone's trip and If I did, I'm so sorry but I know you will have a fab time! See you all really soon! Have a great day!
So sorry to hear of your accident ! Best wishes for school !!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #137
FreemanFamily2001
Earning My Ears

Do most of you print off your graphics from your home computer onto paper or do you take them to the store and print them as pictures on that kind of paper? After your print off your things do you laminate them before putting the magnets on them? Just trying to figure out the best way to do them?
If you DO laminate them, where do you take them? I know our UPS store does them here but they're like $2.50 a page for an 8 x 11 size and didn't know if there was anywhere else that does them cheaper or if I should just buy my own machine for that price?
Thanks for ANY help!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #138
breakingd_awn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreemanFamily2001 View Post
Do most of you print off your graphics from your home computer onto paper or do you take them to the store and print them as pictures on that kind of paper? After your print off your things do you laminate them before putting the magnets on them? Just trying to figure out the best way to do them?
If you DO laminate them, where do you take them? I know our UPS store does them here but they're like $2.50 a page for an 8 x 11 size and didn't know if there was anywhere else that does them cheaper or if I should just buy my own machine for that price?
Thanks for ANY help!!
I buy cardstock and print them off myself. Wal-mart has a laminator for around $20 which works really well. I've used mine for 4years now. After you laminate then stick on the magnets, I usually get the roll of magnets and just cut off the pieces I want. Then I put them between heavy books for a day or so. That way you know they are on there really good
2011 "DREAMin" for 5 days
2010 Our first "WONDERful" cruise
Shipmates:MeDH
DD(18)DD(16)
DD(11)DD(5)

Old 04-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #139
autgirl
Earning My Ears

I made my first magnets this week! I printed mine at home using white cardstock. I laminated them using an 8x10 laminating pouch I bought at Walmart. Very easy to use! Before I laminated them, I wrote on the back
"Stolen from cabin ____" Most of mine are personalized, but not all, and I read that tip somewhere on here and thought it was a great idea! I also bought a roll of magnetic tape that came on a tape dispenser, just like regular scotch tape...nothing to peel off and it's very thin and sticks well. I think I bought it at Hobby Lobby but it could have been Michael's or Walmart.

I saw the $20 laminator at Walmart...good it know it works well; I may have to invest in one!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #140
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

I also used white card stock and bought the laminating machine from Walmart. The only thing I didn't do was buy the pouches from Walmart because SAMs had a pack of 200 pouches for $20. They were not the scotch brand but they worked just the same. I even went back and bought another pack incase they stop carrying them!

Old 04-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #141
CrusingFamily4
Mouseketeer

Millipie... Sorry to hear about the car accident. You are busy! Wow. I thought I was busy as a twin mom. :s Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Thank you again for assisting me with the graphics.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #142
Cathy718
Powered by Pixie Dust!

Laminating

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreemanFamily2001 View Post
Thanks for ANY help!!
I also bought a laminator at BJ's Wholesale for $19.99. The pouches there were very reasonable (under $10.00) for 50 letter size pouches and it works really well. I heard that Costco has the same one.

Carnival - April 1988
Disney Dream - May 2011
Disney Fantasy - May 2012
Norwegian Breakaway - May 2013
Norwegian Breakaway - Aug 2013
Disney Dream - July 2014

Old 04-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #143
FreemanFamily2001
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys! I had seen them (laminating machines) at Target, I just wasn't sure what was going to be my best deal price wise!!
I will laminate for sure and I have a bunch of magnet stuff here so I'll use those and follow your tips!!
I especially love the tip to write "Stolen from Room..." before I laminate!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #144
Pappert
Mouseketeer

T-Shirt

Hi! I have a question. How can you make a t-shirt out of these designs? I wanted to make a t-shirt with the Disney Fantasy Ship and the dates. Has anyone ever made a t-shirt out of these designs and how did you do it? Thanks!!

Old 04-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #145
KBT35
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappert View Post
Hi! I have a question. How can you make a t-shirt out of these designs? I wanted to make a t-shirt with the Disney Fantasy Ship and the dates. Has anyone ever made a t-shirt out of these designs and how did you do it? Thanks!!
You just print the image to iron on transferrable paper!
My Aunt's 65th Birthday Dream Surprise May 26th-30th 2013
Old 04-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #146
MTmomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappert View Post
I used Iron on transfers for a test t-shirt, but aparently my printer sucks, because the black ink just turned muddy when the shirt was washed. I have used the rest of the transfer paper to make the name badges on our FE, and other items like that, but nothing that is going to be washed. Not really sure if it IS my printer or not, because others have great luck with Amys transfers.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #147
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I have had a bunch of t shirts done with designs from here through Vista Print.

Corinna
Old 04-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #148
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

door magnets

Hi I would love to get some designs made for magnets. We will be on the Fantasy in june could you please make...

Disney Fantasy porthole Plates

Kanga & Roo-Maryann
Jedi Mickey-Colin
Goofy-Steve
Minnie-Julie
Doug-Courtney

Auburn Tigers ears(in post #10)-Courtney

New Orleans Saints ears-Who Dat

Fantasy boat scene of some sort-Dorazio Family 7th disney cruise
(same) - Maryann 3rd disney cruise

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Old 04-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #149
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Milliepie,

I was looking at your files and would like to make the following requests:

Disney Cruise Line - Journal Pages:

- Can you do one for the Port of Miami like the Port of Los Angeles one?

- Could I get the "atseadayblankjournalpage.jpg" with all lines (no wording in the body)

- a page for the port of Caratagena

- a page for the port of Panama Canal

Thanks so much - your journal pages are wonderful!

Old 04-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #150
Holly J
Earning My Ears

Hi Milliepie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I hope they get your car fixed and back to you quickly!

When you have time could I have please the following made? I am in no rush as you can see by my cruise dates.

Our First Disney Cruise - October 2012 - The Johnson Family with Finding Nemo characters in background

Princess Jenna's Magic Cruise - with all the princesses or as many as possible

Pic of Magic that saysDisney Magic - October 6 - 13, 2012 - Caribbean Cruise - Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel

Minnie head with Minnie on side and the name Jenna on it.

Mickey head with Goofy on side and the name Buddy on it

Minnie head with Daisy on side and the name Holly on it

3 Beach chairs on a beach with ship in background. Names on chairs - Jenna, Buddy, and Holly

Gang of 5 head in a port hole with The Johnson's at the top

Arial - Under the sea. Under the sea. Darling it's better down where it's wetter. Take it from me. The Magic - October 2012

Thank you so much!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: