Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #16
angiejg
DIS Veteran

We don't normally get park hoppers anymore. We like to stay at least 10 days and not hop. However, if you only have 3 days I would get the hoppers like has been mentioned. EPCOT is our favorite park! The world showcase is wonderful.

Our favorites:

MK: Don't miss Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Mickey's Philharmagic (love, love, love!), Pirates. Do not waste time on Stitch. We do Dumbo, teacups, Alladin, the riverboat just because we can, but they could be missed. The Hall of Presidents might seem dull to some, but it really is spectacular. My kids don't like Haunted Mansion, but some people say it's their favorite. Our favorite counter service is Cosmic Ray's or Casey's for hot dogs. Don't really have a favorite sit down there, but Liberty Tree Tavern has good food. Eating in the castle is fun, but pricey.

EPCOT: Don't miss Spaceship Earth (it's inside the "golf ball"), Mission Space, Test Track and Soarin. You can skip Ellen's Energy Adventure, Journey into Imagination, Living with the Land. Eating around the world is a must. So many snacks from different countries. Our favorites are the crepes from France and fish and chips from UK. It's fun to go to Club Cool and sample Coke from around the world. As for sit downs, Garden Grill is a great character meal. We also really enjoy Coral Reef.

AK: Expedition Everest is in our top three rides in all of Disney. The safari is also excellent. Kali River Rapids is fun if you want to get soaked. AK is becoming my favorite. It's such a beautiful park. Not at all a "zoo" like some would believe. Yak and Yeti is a never miss restaurant for us, especially if you need to cool down. If not, they have a counter service that is very good.

HS: Rock n Roller Coaster is our favorite ride at Disneyworld. Tower of Terror is great. And Toy Story Mania if you can get on it! Sci Fi Dine In is FUN. The food isn't fabulous, but they have good shakes, etc. Pizza Planet is a good place to grab a bite. We also like Mama Melrose's Italian. My kids love the animation lesson where you can learn to draw your own Disney character and take home what you made. It's free.

I would say one day MK, one day EPCOT, and split the other day AK and HS. Hope that helps you!
Old 04-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #17
ARAITHEL
Always counting the days till my next WDW trip...

Do not skip Epcot! It's more Disney than you think! We love this park, and if you have science, history, or travel lovers, this is a must! The hidden mickies in this park are fun to find. if you are taking kids over 8, they will like Epcot better than MK.

For first timers, this is my suggestion:
MK: space mountain, big thunder rr, splash mountain, haunted mansion, pirates. Spend the time to go and see the Hall of Presidents...it's worth the history lesson, and makes me proud.

Epcot: soarin, living with the land (we are in agriculture, I guess that why I like), spaceship earth, test track, mission space (high intensity side can make someppl queasy). I love the world showcase! Off kilter is great! Spend some time here! The American adventure is wonderful, again, I am very patriotic and love American history. The voices of liberty are awesome and perform before each show at the American pavilion.

HS: ToT is my all time favorite! Rnr is awesome too. Midway mania is a great attractioon. The great movie ride is cool too.

AK: do everest and the dinosaur ride. Not much for you here, since you aren't animal ppl. Nemo show is good though.

My restaurant suggestions:
Ohana's. No question our favorite.
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #18
Larissa
Earning My Ears

Thanks, everyone.
It looks like we're doing MK, then EPCOT and HS. I was the only one who was interested in AK, and that was just for EE.

Thanks for your advice!
'?'
'We might you in your umbrella," said Pooh.
'!!!!!!'"
Larissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #19
Bethann1959
Earning My Ears

Emh

If there are extra magic hours during your stay, and you are staying on-site, USE them. It's great to have little to no lines for rides and then do all the other things you want to do during the busiest times!

WDW-too many times to count-Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter, Coronado Springs, All Star Movies, Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney Wonder Western Caribbean Cruise Jan 2013
Bethann1959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney world, first trip, save time., short trip, tips

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: