Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #16
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoepaul View Post
If you were staying outside, just park at Downtown Disney and take the shuttle buses to the parks.
I have no problem with this suggestion. If someone wants to burn 3 hours a day either waiting for or riding in buses to go about 5 miles to save $14, happy busing.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #17
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I have no problem with this suggestion. If someone wants to burn 3 hours a day either waiting for or riding in buses to go about 5 miles to save $14, happy busing.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #18
kaligal
DIS Veteran

$14/day, free with AP.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #19
shalom
DIS Veteran

If you're staying on Irlo Bronson between Osceola Mall and I-4, there's a bus you can take to the TTC. Number 56, runs twice an hour, $2 each way or you can get a (weekly? monthly?) pass. My son hasn't used that route, but he's been happy with the routes he's used.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #20
jcvalenti
Wine Snob

We always stay offsite (we figure it saves us about $200 per night, all things considered), but we usually have between 9 and 12 park days, so we've always got at least one AP, which makes parking free.

Also to consider is that if you get one AP to get free parking, you can use it to get a Tables in Wonderland card, which can pay for itself rather quickly if youre planning on a couple nice dinners with some wine or cocktails.
Trip History: June 1983 - Treehouse Villas | June 1984 - Fort Wilderness | July 1992 - Euro Disneyland | June/July 2004, October 2004, June 2005, June/July 2008, June 2009, July 2011, June 2012 - Offsite (usually with a Huge Family Group) | Oct 2008, Oct 2011 - Dolphin (Epcot F & W) | Oct 2013 - Swan (Epcot F & W)
Next Trip: August 2014 - Offsite (with an even huger family group)
Favorite Restaurants: Jiko, Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Kouzzina
Favorite Disney "Stuff": Haunted Mansion, A 40th Bday Illuminations Cruise with a 1971 Chateau Haut Brion, Enjoying the Hospitality of Benito at Tutto Gusto, Watching the kids build their own list of favorites, Renting boats at the Polynesian, Seeing "Bo Duke" at Cali Grill during last F&W
jcvalenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #21
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTed View Post
Brett,
I should think so, I think it is rather steep anyway, considering how many people must park at all the Parks in Disney.

Actually the praking costs are in line and you would find it is about the same al over the USA......think of your last ballgame parking!

How many park is not the issue.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #22
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

we went last month, first time staying offsite, so we drove into DHS. Got there at about 0845 and they were waiving everyone straight through the ticket booths. Granted it was the first day of Star Wars Weekends, and BUSY, but I believe this isn't uncommon, at least at DHS and AK at RD time.

To the guy who suggested parking at DTD, don't forget, busses don't start running there until later if OP want's to hit RD, that suggestion is a waste. As Mesa said, it could waste about 3 hours of the day for the person. Especially if they choose a Saratoga Springs bus.

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #23
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

To be clear:

THERE ARE NO DIRECT BUSES FROM DTD TO ANY PARKS.

You must take a bus to a resort first, then take that resort's bus to the park. It can eat up a ton of time.
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #24
verdi73
Earning My Ears

Perhaps this would explain why it was so hard to find a parking spot at DTD last week so we could shop.
verdi73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #25
njgeneral
Earning My Ears

I just got caught up in this issue. W are staying off property at Wyndham Grand Orlando and scored and awesome room for $129/nt but after I booked, I later found out that parking at resort is $30 and parks is $14! Needless to say, we could have stayed on property then at a moderate and saved.

Oh well, you learn something new everyday. Plus it was getting really close to our 2 night 1 park stay that I was a little antsy on booking something.

I will say though that if we were on property I would still drive to parks. Quicker, free, easier with strollers.
njgeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #26
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoepaul View Post
If you were staying outside, just park at Downtown Disney and take the shuttle buses to the parks.
~I can't see why anyone would want to, but I've seen a lot of people do this when we stayed at the Poly. I didn't know this at the time, but in hindsight, they probably parked at DTD.

~We were all on the bus at DHS right after Fantasmic!, it was a long day and our bus was packed. And I distinctly remember a group of people who exited our bus and walked right over to the benches, they were clearly waiting for another bus, but they looked very tired and miserable. Who knows how long they waited for that DTD bus, it can be very slow, especially on weekends. I would just pay for parking, LOL.

~For the record, parking at the ballpark and football stadium is $30, it's $55 if you want to tailgate. We are glad to pay it, at the end the game, we know our vehicle is safe and easily accessible, instead being double and triple parked, towed off somewhere, broken into, or just outright stolen!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #27
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdi73 View Post
Perhaps this would explain why it was so hard to find a parking spot at DTD last week so we could shop.
YES We went to DTD twice on our last trip, and parking was a serious challenge. We usually try to drive there because of the bus wait factor, but it was so bad we may have to revert back to the bus.
capegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #28
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdi73 View Post
I'm sure it's at least partially responsible for the overcrowded lots at DTD, but I can't imagine anybody parks at DTD to take Disney buses to the parks more than once. It's one of those things that carries its own karmic punishment.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #29
ajpa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemy View Post
I tried doing a search but only forund ticket prices. What is the price to park a vehicle in the Park lots per day? We are weighing our pros and cons for staying on Disney property versus staying outside.
If your dates are flexible, I think the absolutely most economical way to do WDW is to stay onsite during value season with some kind of discount (free dining or room discount).

If feasible, you could drive there and that would save both airfare & parking & car rental.
2007 Jan - Port Orleans French Quarter
2003 Oct - All Star Music
ajpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #30
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemy View Post
I tried doing a search but only forund ticket prices. What is the price to park a vehicle in the Park lots per day? We are weighing our pros and cons for staying on Disney property versus staying outside.
If you want advise on both staying onsite and offsite, make a post in both the Resorts board and the Orlando board. You will get different opinions from each board.

Tags
parking, prices

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: