Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #91
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Hey There I'm joining in...great report so far! I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to the squirrel. It's when the nocturnal animals (like racoons and foxes) are out in the day that you worry. And what is up with Downtown Disney and the dining plan??? The same exact thing happened to my husband and I at Wolfgang Puck's when we told the waiter we were on the dining plan. I swear I heard him mutter something under his breath. But I tipped him well just to spite him! Sorry for the rant....you have a beautiful family. The kids are so cute. Can't wait to read more. -Amanda
Old 04-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #92
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)

I'm enjoying your trip report!

You will have to come by the Disney Store Outlet in Opry Mills...I work there...and I will have the Figment Bag there with me!

Can't wait to read more!

Lynn
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #93
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
So sorry you had a bad experience at Ranglan Road. I've never eaten there because the menu just doesn't appeal to my family but I always thought it was such a fun place to be.
Funny thing when I looked at the photo you just posted I immediately thought I know those people. Well, not really but I read their trip reports and have seen pictures of them several times so they seem like friends.
Yes, this is a restaurant I had read numerous rave reviews on, we were really looking forward to it. The food was good, the service was just really a disappointment. Not to mention the fact that we were all still emotionally shaken up from Gabe's fight with the squirrel. It was a tough evening. Since it holds not so great memories for us, we will probably never go back.

I know, I was able to immediately spot them. I knew those faces and smiles! It was great meeting them. Next time will be better, we will plan better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
Great update!!

I'm still sad I missed the DisMeet, but it just didn't work out for me this time. Great picture!
Sandy, we looked for you! I am sure since you were with such a big group you were at the mercy of the others. I thought maybe Tink may have still been sick too. We understood, but we still missed you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Excellent update Oopsi - WOW you really got the photo bombed picture! ROFL... Sorry about that.

I agree - it was so fun meeting - but it was also nice to be able to say... "Great to meetcha, but I'm tired" ROFL I am sure there will be more meets in our future!

D~
Yes, my Dismeet picture is a limited edition one of a kind! We will definitely plan better for the next Dismeet....when we are not all exhausted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
First off, I absolutely LOVE your DISmeet picture. You were very speical to get photobombed the most!

Sorry that your first meal was such a bad experience. From a server's standpoint (as I used to wait tables), you should have alerted the manager. Honestly, if I had been there, I would have alerted the manager and I would NOT have tipped well. I'm sorry -- but that was unacceptable. Now, if the server was frazzled, busy, etc. That's a different story and I would be more understanding and lenient. But EVERY server knows to check on their table AT LEAST every 5 minutes, and to always do a first-bite check-in to make sure the food was satisfactory. It's not until the first bite that the guest doesn't know if the meal was cooked properly, fresh, seasoned, etc. A manager should definitely have been alerted so the server could repeat training if needed (or released if serving wasn't his "thing"). Sorry, but bad servers really make me MAD.

Anyway, glad that you got some personal dancers! That's awesome!

I swear I had more to write, but the kids have been in here 15 times asking questions, so I totally don't remember what I've read.
I was thinking of selling that Dismeet picture on Ebay since it is so rare....but decided, it was quite PRICELESS!

RR was just not a good experience for us. We were already emotionally charged from Gabe's run in with the rodent, and the lousy service just broke it for us. While the food was good and we really enjoyed the entertainment, we will probably never go back. Some memories are just not worth revisiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Hey There I'm joining in...great report so far! I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to the squirrel. It's when the nocturnal animals (like racoons and foxes) are out in the day that you worry. And what is up with Downtown Disney and the dining plan??? The same exact thing happened to my husband and I at Wolfgang Puck's when we told the waiter we were on the dining plan. I swear I heard him mutter something under his breath. But I tipped him well just to spite him! Sorry for the rant....you have a beautiful family. The kids are so cute. Can't wait to read more. -Amanda
, so glad to have your here! Yes, truthfully...and I hate to say this...but honestly, we probably won't even go back to DTD again at all. It was just too crowded. We weren't really there to buy anything, and then the bad service just set us over the top. It all just left a bad taste in our mouths...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfan View Post

You will have to come by the Disney Store Outlet in Opry Mills...I work there...and I will have the Figment Bag there with me!

Can't wait to read more!

Lynn
Welcome!!! I am so excited to meet another Tennesseean...and a local one at that! Not sure when I will make it to the mall up there, but I will definitely look for you and that D~ custom Figment bag when I do!! I cannot tell you how excited I am to hear that Nashville has a Disney Store now!!!!!! DH will not be happy...he will just see $$$$ disappearing before his eyes! I must make plans to visit very soon.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #94
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

I thought I would take time out of the TR to throw in some "between Disney trips" pictures...you know, pictures taken in the real world. Easter pictures anyone?

Here are the baskets before they were attacked (yes, I make a basket for my hubby every year-his is the little one in the front)...

Every Easter we have the same breakfast, Resurrection Rolls. Here are the kids making them...

Here are the little darlings all dressed up and ready to worship our risen Savior...

And Gabe enjoying the spoils of an Easter egg hunt with his cousin...

The last picture is some very special Mickey mail we got yesterday...

We were really surprised and excited to get this. Do these come very often after trips? We didn't get one last year. Brian says it is because we stayed at a mod this time instead of a value. Any one else get one of these?

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 10-17-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #95
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfan View Post

Can't wait to read more!

Lynn
Hey, do you all sell the little people wearing Mickey ears decals for cars? Do you know what I am talking about? Folks put them in their back windows...a family of them. I wanted some while we were at Disney, but I had already spent all of my souvie money elsewhere. DH says we can come up to Opry Mills and get some if you have them. Wow- this gives the phrase "shopping online" a whole new meaning!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #96
wakica
DIS Veteran

Looks like you had a very nice Easter

Were those marshmallows I saw going into those cressent rolls???? What exactly do you use to make your ressurection rolls?? I've heard of them but never looked up a recipe or anything for them.

Me dh dd(16)
Old 04-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #97
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
Looks like you had a very nice Easter

Were those marshmallows I saw going into those cressent rolls???? What exactly do you use to make your ressurection rolls?? I've heard of them but never looked up a recipe or anything for them.

Resurrection Rolls are a simple way to tell the story of Easter to your kids and end up with a yummy treat in the end. All you need are cressant rolls, large marshmallows, some melted butter and cinnamon sugar.

The lesson to go along with it is this: the marshmallow represents Jesus. You roll the marshmallow in melted butter that represents the oil Jesus' body was anointed with before burial. You then coat the marshmallow with cinnamon sugar to represent the spices that people in that day and age used to help preserve the body. You then wrap the marshmallow in a cressant roll, the shroud that covered Jesus' body. Lastly you place them in the oven (the tomb) and when you take them out, the marshmallow is melted. It leaves a gooey yumminess in the roll which is still puffed up and completely hollow, like the empty tomb and grave shroud!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #98
disneymomjcs
DIS Veteran

Old 04-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #99
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Love your daughter's Mickey robe!

Old 04-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #100
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

I've never received one of those cards after a trip, just survey emails. I guess they are trying to keep you in the cult so you'll book another trip!
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 04-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #101
solana131
DIS Veteran

Very pretty Easter dresses...makes me wish I had a girl

We did get one of those "postcards" in the mail after our Feb trip. We stayed at the Poly. I was so excited, since I'm pretty new to all this Disney stuff I thought the little code down in the corner was a PIN

No such luck, but I have since gotten 3 PIN offers. One of which I am taking advantage of this July

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 04-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #102
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Oopsi, I adore your Easter pictures! I had never heard of the Resurrection Rolls, so thanks for sharing the story! They sound wonderful!

I got the photo card that you did this year. I had never received it before (and we usually stay Mod). This was new to us. I mentioned it somewhere, but no one ever responded if they got one as well. So now I'm not the only one (neither are you) who got one. Obviously, mine had our last name, but otherwise identical.

So if this was something they had always done, we've never gotten one before ... but perhaps this is something new?

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 04-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #103
wakica
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Resurrection Rolls are a simple way to tell the story of Easter to your kids and end up with a yummy treat in the end. All you need are cressant rolls, large marshmallows, some melted butter and cinnamon sugar.

The lesson to go along with it is this: the marshmallow represents Jesus. You roll the marshmallow in melted butter that represents the oil Jesus' body was anointed with before burial. You then coat the marshmallow with cinnamon sugar to represent the spices that people in that day and age used to help preserve the body. You then wrap the marshmallow in a cressant roll, the shroud that covered Jesus' body. Lastly you place them in the oven (the tomb) and when you take them out, the marshmallow is melted. It leaves a gooey yumminess in the roll which is still puffed up and completely hollow, like the empty tomb and grave shroud!
That is SOOO cool!!! I think DD and I would have fun making them and going over details of the story while we do it. Wish i knew it before Easter. LOL. Now to remember it until next Easter.
thanks so much for sharing

Me dh dd(16)
Old 04-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #104
cajunfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Hey, do you all sell the little people wearing Mickey ears decals for cars? Do you know what I am talking about? Folks put them in their back windows...a family of them. I wanted some while we were at Disney, but I had already spent all of my souvie money elsewhere. DH says we can come up to Opry Mills and get some if you have them. Wow- this gives the phrase "shopping online" a whole new meaning!
When I worked Sunday we did not have any. I don't have any other shifts through Saturday, but I will stop by tomorrow evening to check the schedule for the following week and check while I am there and let you know.

Lynn
Old 04-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #105
cajunfan

We don't have any.

Lynn

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: