Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2012, 06:08 AM   #16
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

I'm here-cant wait to hear all about it
Old 03-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #17
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Pheew! I made it Oopsi!!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!

It was so much fun meeting you and your family - you are all such a cute bunch!

D~
Yay~ my fellow threadjackers have arrived!!! D~ I loved meeting you and your girls, too. NEXT TIME we are there at the same time we MUST make it a point to have a little more "hang" time. We were all just too tired for it that night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I am here to oopsi, can't wait to read all about your trip.
Hey Corri! Thanks for joining in the fun. I hope you ladies have a good pic of the Dismeet, because mine was the one photobombed by Kouga, Alli and Liddy's DS Seth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
I'm here too !!

Can't wait to read about your trip !!
Thanks for following over from the PTR! Hope I can keep you coming back for more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
great intro. Nice to get to know you all and a few cliff hangers to keep us haging on too LOL
Thanks for joining in! Yes, I have been a diser for a couple years now and have learned some techniques to give me some mad TR ninja skills!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
Hello! So happy to hear about your trip ~ what a nice surprise going back so soon!

I can't wait to hear all about it. Your pictures are great, looks like you guys had tons of fun!
We did have SUCH a great time. We won't get to go back until fall of 2013, so I will be living my Disney dreams vicariously through this TR for a while to help pass the time... Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy gills View Post
Im in cant wait to hear how you broke the suprise to them!! We are suprising our two boys on Easter Sunday
Thanks for joining the party! I cannot wait to hear how your surprise goes. Ours went so well. The reactions we got were so worth it, BUT I will never do that again...it was just TOO HARD to keep my big mouth shut for so long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
I'm here-cant wait to hear all about it
Make yourself at home and feel free to chime in any time. This is my first TR, so I hope it goes well and I make lots of new Dis friends!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #18
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I made it! Can not wait to read all about your trip !

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 03-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #19
mom2_3girls
Mouseketeer

I'm here!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! I wish we would of been able to meet up!

me : dh: dd (17) dd (11) former wish child dd (10)
2009 offsite, 2010 Disney Marathon/offsite
2011 Give Kids the World
2012 POP Century/CBR, 2013 BC/AKL, 2013 AoA/Disney Dream
Old 03-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #20
Lidian
DIS Veteran

I'm finally here!

I think I have the only non-photo-bombed DISmeet picture. Hmm... it could be worth millions.

So awesome to meet you and your family! I wished we could have spent some time together! Our DS's would have had a blast! (It would have been double-awesome for them to do JTA at the same time!)

Anyway, anxiously waiting for more!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 03-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #21
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
I'm finally here!

I think I have the only non-photo-bombed DISmeet picture. Hmm... it could be worth millions.

So awesome to meet you and your family! I wished we could have spent some time together! Our DS's would have had a blast! (It would have been double-awesome for them to do JTA at the same time!)

Actually I also have a non-photo-bombed picture. Sorry to spoil your attempt to make millions, but I need a piece of that action. After all I have a 2013 trip to plan with my DD and could use all the money I can get.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #22
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Can't wait to hear more!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #23
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Cleaning up a double post...

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 03-26-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #24
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I made it! Can not wait to read all about your trip !
So glad you are joining, Sheila! Are you planning to do a TR? I sure would like to hear how things went for you and your DH on this trip. I thought about the two of you while we were there. I hope you found some healing and hope on your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2_3girls View Post
I'm here!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! I wish we would of been able to meet up!
Yay! I sure wish you could have come to the Dismeet. Honestly, we were all quite tired so we didn't stick around for long. It was so nice to see each other "in real life" though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
I'm finally here!

LIDDY'S HERE!!!
I am thinking I am the only one WITH a photobombed picture... It was fun though, and I wouldn't trade that few minutes for anything. Yes, next time we meet up it needs to be sometime BEFORE we are all worn out from a long day of parks and travel.

Good news for you, my friend...you won't have to wait long, I am about to do another update NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Actually I also have a non-photo-bombed picture. Sorry to spoil your attempt to make millions, but I need a piece of that action. After all I have a 2013 trip to plan with my DD and could use all the money I can get.
Like I told Liddy above, I think I am the only one WITH a photobombed picture. Maybe I am the one who come make some extra Discash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella crazy View Post
Joining in! Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks for joining in the fun. Your wait is over...for now. Today I am officially starting the actual reporting of the trip!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #25
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

I would like to preface my Day 1 report with a little background if you don't mind...
This was a surprise. I did sooooo good keeping it all to myself with the kids for 6 whole months...until about a week before the trip. Then I made a couple minor boo-boos. I had kept a secret countdown on our kitchen wall calendar. I only had random numbers on a few days of each month and a small asterick on departure day. Well, Jillian saw it and asked on more than one occasion "what is March 8th?" "Um, I don't know." One afternoon while she was playing on the Wii I made a comment to DH about how we would be at Disney on a particular day....DOH. Lucky for me Jillian zones out when watching TV and playing vid game. My other big snafu was at the dinner table with in-laws the week before. We were talking about Brian's new job and I commented that he would have different work hours "after vacation" Both DD's at the same time said "what vacation?" "ummm, I don't know, sometime this summer"... OY!!!! So anywho, these bits of info will help you understand what is in the letter on the reveal video...which is to come...later.

DAY 1, MARCH 8TH

Brian and I had taken the day off the day before departure day, and had done all the packing. Everything was stowed in our shed outside. We had bought some helium balloons and stuck them in the trunk of Brian's car. I did not sleep a wink all night and we were up and moving around at 4 am. We got up, got dressed and used the front door to move in and out of the house to get the car loaded and ready. (our front door is at the opposite end of the house from the kids) At 5 am I woke the kids up to tell them "something is up with Daddy's car and we are going to have to take him to Nashville." (where he works) I bribed them to hurry by telling them we would pick up a biscuit somewhere for breakfast. They got up and got ready and we headed out the door...and here is what you have been waiting for!

...continued in next post.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #26
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

D~ <--- Stalking you for your latest update...
Old 03-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #27
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post

D~ <--- Stalking you for your latest update...
Posted! BTW- do you know if there is a way for me to delete my double post??? I am a dork!

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 03-22-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #28
Billmel
DIS Veteran

I was so excited when I saw you had posted your video ....tried to open it and aaagggghhhh.... work computer blocked it . Now I have to wait all day until I get home to watch.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #29
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

OMG .. I'm sitting here watching your video with tears rolling down my face !! Your dd's reaction just touched me SO much.
Then I hear "thank you mommy and daddy" and I lost it. Great surprise !!

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 03-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #30
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmel View Post
I was so excited when I saw you had posted your video ....tried to open it and aaagggghhhh.... work computer blocked it . Now I have to wait all day until I get home to watch.
OH NO! Well, I hope it is worth the wait for you... And...

to the TR party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
OMG .. I'm sitting here watching your video with tears rolling down my face !! Your dd's reaction just touched me SO much.
Then I hear "thank you mommy and daddy" and I lost it. Great surprise !!
Ahhh- thanks! Yes, we had no idea our surprise would bring tears from one of our children. It was a truly special moment none of us will ever forget.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: