Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #151
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Pick a Pearl was a great experience. I hope you will try it next time!

A little personal note: My wonderful Brian sent me a text message yesterday with just a few words, but they were words that melted my heart...

"I am ready to go back to DISNEY!"

He used to be one of the eye-rolling, dollar sign-seeing Disney grouches...now he comes home with the latest Disney news and talks about Disney all the time. Apparently yesterday he heard the song "Good Life" on the radio and it gave him a bit of the Disney blues. This curmudgeon has been officially Disneyfied!!!
OMG I bet you wanted to marry him all over again
Isnt it great when you know you've finally converted them to disney
Loving your trip report-just dont often have time to comment
Old 04-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #152
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
That is one of the few songs I don't mind that they overplay on the radio. It takes me back every single time! Hopefully someday my hubby will jump on the bandwagon too. I'll work on him
I honestly never thought my husband would ever really LOVE Disney. I knew he enjoyed it and would do it "for the kids", but something clicked inside him on this trip that gave him his own passion for Disney. I couldn't be happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
OMG I bet you wanted to marry him all over again
Isnt it great when you know you've finally converted them to disney
Loving your trip report-just dont often have time to comment
Brian and I have always been so different. We have always had different likes, dislikes and hobbies. It absolutely melts my heart that we share this passion for Disney now.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #153
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

oopsiDaisy - hi

Good morning, just checking in to see how you are doing? Everytime, I see your name on my list of subscribed threads, I smile. Being a natural born klutz, I think I should have had your screen name.

Have a great day!

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #154
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I honestly never thought my husband would ever really LOVE Disney. I knew he enjoyed it and would do it "for the kids", but something clicked inside him on this trip that gave him his own passion for Disney. I couldn't be happier!

Brian and I have always been so different. We have always had different likes, dislikes and hobbies. It absolutely melts my heart that we share this passion for Disney now.
I can sort of relate ... something hit my DH over the head and he actually had a great time this year. However, he's okay with never going back ... but at least while he's there he isn't whining as much as he has in years past.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 04-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #155
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Let's have an update, shall we? When we last left our band of misfits, Charity and I had gone to get our jewels and the rest of the gang were in hot pursuit of a funnel cake...

After my precious princess Charity and I had picked up our pearly prizes (has anyone seen Mr. Popper's Penguins? That was my best Pippy impression ) Ahem anyhow, after we had gotten our jewelry we headed towards the funnel cake stand to meet up with the rest of the family. We met up with them halfway there, but there was no funnel cake in sight. Apparently the funnel cake stand does not take the Disney Dining Plan...what's up with that? So, our poor Jillybean was still without a snack. What to do?

OH, Churros would be a great snack for her! So we all headed in that direction. It was decided that Brian, Charity and Gabe would hang out at our chosen spot for Illuminations while Jillian and I went to get some churros for her. We headed out, and were past Germany and Norway when I realized something....Illuminations starts in about 15 minutes and Mexico is pretty far away from Germany where we planned to watch it. Jillian decided that she was okay for now and would just wait until Illuminations was over to get a snack. Sweet girl! We trekked BACK to Germany just in time for Illuminations to start.

We watched the show with Snow White and the 7 Dwarves...really we did! The topiaries, that is! Illuminations was a first for us. Last year we had tried to do Epcot commando style and after meltdowns insued, we headed out of the park right as Illuminations was getting ready to start. It was a great show. We all really enjoyed it, and will definitely do it again. We didn't try to take pictures. We have just a simple point and shoot camera, so the pictures would not have turned out well. Brian did, however get a somewhat blurry shot of Spaceship Earth from our spot in Germany:

So, is it time to head back to the room now? NO WAY- we're staying 'til midnight!!! There was another must do nearby that I wanted to try...actually two must dos that are in the same country.

But first we still had a bit of unfinished business to take care of...a snack for Jillian. We left Germany and made the hike over to Mexico. (Only at Disney, folks! ) When we got there, there was a group of "single ladies" in front of us in line ordering margueritas. Yes, I was a bit jealous...of them being single? Nope, of the margueritas! Oh well, Jillian got her churros. We had never actually tried churros before, but I had read about them on the Dis and on the Disney Food Blog, so I knew she would be able to eat them. They were so good!! They were warm and crispy, and had a wonderful caramel dipping sauce. This made her extra happy, she got to have some caramel too!

Oaky- time to tackle some must do's! We left Mexico and headed BACK toward Germany. But it not Germany we were headed to. We were going to Norway. Maelstrom was another first for us. I wasn't expecting it to be great, but I just wanted to do it since I never had. Since I wasn't expecting anything great, I wasn't disappointed. It is not a great ride. Brian and Gabe rode together, and the girls and I rode together. Right before it was over, the girls and I decided we were going to get off the ride and rave about how awesome it was to the boys, just to be silly. We just smiled from ear to ear and went on and on about how much we loved it and would definitely have to do it every time we came now...they didn't buy it. Not even Gabe! Oh well, it felt good to just be silly and have a little fun. We stopped at the troll to take the fun picture that everyone takes:

While we may never go on Maelstrom again, I will probably make my kids do this picture every year to steal D~'s now and then photo idea. Now it was time for the other must do in Norway...and it involves MORE FOOD. So, if you are keeping track, since we returned to the park we have had a three course dinner, caramel popcorn, a big chocolate covered caramel and churros. That wasn't going to stop ME! In all fairness, we only ate about 1/3 of the popcorn and Charity had only taken a few bites of the the choco-caramel. Jillian did eat all of her churros...with a little help of course. Honestly, this must do was being purchased with the plan to save it for breakfast the next day. So we headed into the Kringla bakery for some of this:

I ordered two schoolbreads to go, please. They looked good, and I was looking forward to all of us trying them for breakfast the next morning with a hot cup of coffee! Well, coffee for Brian and I, not the kids!

It was getting late at this point, so we headed towards Future World. As we were getting closer to leaving the park for the night Brian noticed that the wait at Character Spot was only 10 minutes, so we decided to duck in there to get some photo ops for the kids. We didn't need autographs since we got those at Chef Mickey's during our March 2011 trip. The characters seemed to be rushing everyone through. There wasn't a whole lot of interaction. We just chose to let the photopass photographers take pics for us. I have none for this update....but wait!!! We got our PP cd in the mail over the weekend, so for my next update I will post our Epcot day PP pics!

As we were getting ready to leave Brian took one last picture of beauty:

Stay tuned for photopass pictures...
Old 05-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #156
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's slipper View Post
Good morning, just checking in to see how you are doing? Everytime, I see your name on my list of subscribed threads, I smile. Being a natural born klutz, I think I should have had your screen name.

Have a great day!
Thanks for checking in just to say hi... that makes me smile so big! Yes, I was very proud of myself for coming up with that username. I too am a natural born klutz...and not usually so witty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
I can sort of relate ... something hit my DH over the head and he actually had a great time this year. However, he's okay with never going back ... but at least while he's there he isn't whining as much as he has in years past.
I have a feeling it is only a matter of time before your DH gets knocked over the head with a wand and drowned in Pixie Dust too ...or maybe you could sneak something into his dole whip next time you go.

So, I have been reading through the movie night thread...the very long movie night thread... and I have decided I am going to start having some great movie nights for my family once a month or every other month to help pass the between WDW trips time. We will have our first one this Saturday night. One of my BFF's has her hubby and son going on a Scout camping trip this weekend, so it will be just her and her DD. I have invited them to join us. I gave her a list of three options to choose from...I will be back later to tell you what we pick and what we plan to do. I will take pictures of movie night and post them on here too! I thought that would be a great way to beef up the TR and make it last longer too!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #157
solana131
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to try the churros! I've had churros before, but I'm sure they taste much much better at Disney So, did you like the schoolbread? I wasn't too blown away by it. But I know lots of people love it. Oh wait, you had it for breakfast, so that will probably be in the next update.

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 05-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #158
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Great update! I'm sorry that you didn't love Maelstrom. It's actually a "must" for us. It's not an amazing ride, by any means, but we like it. It's indoors, you're off your feet. What can be better?

Can't wait to see your PP pictures!

Quote:
Thanks for checking in just to say hi... that makes me smile so big! Yes, I was very proud of myself for coming up with that username. I too am a natural born klutz...and not usually so witty!

I have a feeling it is only a matter of time before your DH gets knocked over the head with a wand and drowned in Pixie Dust too ...or maybe you could sneak something into his dole whip next time you go.

So, I have been reading through the movie night thread...the very long movie night thread... and I have decided I am going to start having some great movie nights for my family once a month or every other month to help pass the between WDW trips time. We will have our first one this Saturday night. One of my BFF's has her hubby and son going on a Scout camping trip this weekend, so it will be just her and her DD. I have invited them to join us. I gave her a list of three options to choose from...I will be back later to tell you what we pick and what we plan to do. I will take pictures of movie night and post them on here too! I thought that would be a great way to beef up the TR and make it last longer too!
I'd love to do movie nights! However, I'm a horrible cook, and DH won't really be interested. .... Stupid missing smilies.... Anyway, I'd REALLY love to do this with DN (who will get her first trip next year), only she doesn't live very close (it's not far either -- but factoring in gas and stuff, yeah...).

If you do movie nights, be sure to take pictures and post them in your PTR!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #159
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)

Great update! I can't wait to see the PP pics!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:04 AM   #160
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Excellent update! I can't believe I missed it!

Yah - Maelstrom was a "must do" for us this trip too - and when we got off, we wondered why in the world we waited in line for 45 minutes? LOL And school bread was on our must try list, as well, but we never tried it. Oh well, next time.

I love the pics of the kids in Norway - that is a great spot for a Now n' then!

D~
Old 05-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #161
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
I can't wait to try the churros! I've had churros before, but I'm sure they taste much much better at Disney So, did you like the schoolbread? I wasn't too blown away by it. But I know lots of people love it. Oh wait, you had it for breakfast, so that will probably be in the next update.
Those Churros with Caramel Sauce were delicous! Honestly, I remember wishing I would have gotten them instead of the caramel popcorn. Yes, my schoolbread review will be in the next update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Great update! I'm sorry that you didn't love Maelstrom. It's actually a "must" for us. It's not an amazing ride, by any means, but we like it. It's indoors, you're off your feet. What can be better?

Can't wait to see your PP pictures!

I'd love to do movie nights! However, I'm a horrible cook, and DH won't really be interested. .... Stupid missing smilies.... Anyway, I'd REALLY love to do this with DN (who will get her first trip next year), only she doesn't live very close (it's not far either -- but factoring in gas and stuff, yeah...).

If you do movie nights, be sure to take pictures and post them in your PTR!
I was glad I went on Maelstom, you must try everything at least once, right? But we did think it was pretty cheesy. It will not be a must do for us, but we may go on it again if we have time to kill and it has no wait.

I am SO stinking excited about movie nights! It will be a great outlet for my Disney planning addiction! So keep reading to hear plans for our first movie night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfan View Post
Great update! I can't wait to see the PP pics!
I will try to finish my last Epcot update today or tomorrow, upload the PP pics to photobucket this weekend, and post them next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Excellent update! I can't believe I missed it!

Yah - Maelstrom was a "must do" for us this trip too - and when we got off, we wondered why in the world we waited in line for 45 minutes? LOL And school bread was on our must try list, as well, but we never tried it. Oh well, next time.

I love the pics of the kids in Norway - that is a great spot for a Now n' then!

D~
Oh I would have definitely been upset if we had waited 45 minutes for that ride! It was very much like the old Magic Kingdom dark rides. They are worth the wait because they are classics....Maelstrom? Not so much.

So our first movie night theme will be.......

PETER PAN!!!

My planning mode has kicked into high gear again, so you all get to be subject to my ramblings!

Movie: Peter Pan
Food: Pirate Pizza Boats (french bread pizza w/ jolly roger on a skewer)
Fruit Swords (kabobs)
Pixe Dust Punch (green punch topped with whipped cream and green sugar sprinkles)
Activity: Treasure Hunt (treasure map leading to a treasure chest filled with chocolate coins, beads and nestle treasures candy)

Gabe got a pirate hat and sword from Pirates of the Caribbean that I will use to decorate the table. Brian is going to make newspaper pirate hats for the kids. BFF and her daughter are joining us. BFF is as excited about it as I am! (BTW- they plan to go back to WDW in Oct 2013 too and they always stay at POFQ! I can totally see a dual countdown going! ) I have printed out graphics for 10 other movies that I will fold and put into a bowl. At the end of the evening, the kids will draw one out and it will be our movie night theme for the next one. I hope our first one goes well. I will be sure to photo document the evening to share with all my disfriends!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #162
DMGeurts

Oopsi!!! That sounds so awesome!!! I wish I had that much time to be creative like that!!

D~ <--- Who is hoping you'll invite her and her family to dinner.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #163
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oopsi!!! That sounds so awesome!!! I wish I had that much time to be creative like that!!

D~ <--- Who is hoping you'll invite her and her family to dinner.
Hey, I am just stealing other people's ideas and tweaking them a little. Last time I checked YOU were designing the most awesome UPB's known to man, and backed up with orders because they are such a hot item!

I just had the greatest idea!!! Would you and your family like to join us for our first movie night Saturday night? Our house is easy to find, just head south out of Minnesota and hang a left at Arkansas. Dinner is at 6:30 sharp. You may want to leave tonight...
Old 05-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #164
DMGeurts

That is spectacular Oopsi! Unfortunately, we are having our progressive dinner on Friday night... So, I won't be able to leave until Saturday morning... I'll txt you when I am getting close.

D~
Old 05-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #165
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is spectacular Oopsi! Unfortunately, we are having our progressive dinner on Friday night... So, I won't be able to leave until Saturday morning... I'll txt you when I am getting close.

D~
Awesome, we'll keep dinner warm until you get here!

I just had the coolest thing happen! I am in training all day today. I notice a co-worker with a Magic Kingdom wallpaper on her laptop and a mickey laptop case. We got to talking and she and her husband are Disney freaks too! AND, they stay at POR too! AND they are Dis lurkers...so, WDWDreaming06, if you are lurking on my TR now....WELCOME!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: