Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #31
andapanda
Mouseketeer

Day 3 July 9th

To start our third day, we have 7:30am reservations at Ohana. I am incredibly excited about Ohana, because Stitch is one of my favorite characters. After breakfast, we will head to Epcot. One of the things Id like to do in Epcot is pick a pearl in Japan. Test Track will be closed when were there, so Im guessing Soarin will be packed. Our plan is to hit Soarin first (not sure if well get a Fastpass or just ride), and explore Future World West. If we finish in Future World West before lunch, well go to Future World East. If not, itll be after lunch. As for Mission: Space, Im leaning toward the Green side. (Truthfully, Im using the Lines app, but things arent optimizing right for me as long as its working, Ill probably base our plan on the touring plan.) Im thinking well hit World Showcase after we explore both sides of Future World. We plan to spend the most time in World Showcase. Im not sure what all it has to offer I still have some research to do. J is excited about touring World Showcase at a leisurely pace we have plans to take another evening (Epcot EMH I think) and do anything we didnt get to do. We have a 12:00 reservation at Biergarten Js pick to indulge his German heritage. We also have a 6:40pm reservation at Akershus. After dinner, the plan is to leave Epcot and head to Hollywood Studios for EMH I want to ride Tower of Terror at night. The last time J was at Hollywood Studios, it was MGM and neither Tower of Terror nor RocknRoller Coaster were there. Js only request is to see the 3D Muppet Movie.

Js top Epcot ride/attraction picks:
1. Spaceship Earth
2. Captain EO
3. Mission: SPACE

My top Epcot ride/attraction picks:
1. Soarin
2. Living with the Land
3. The Seas with Nemo and Friends
andapanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #32
andapanda
Mouseketeer

Day 4 July 10th

On Day 4, well be starting our day with 7:30am breakfast at Kona Caf. At this time, were leaning toward heading to Animal Kingdom for the morning. Im thinking well pick one major ride, and then explore the parks trails until its time to leave for lunch. Our lunch pick is at Downtown Disney 12:30 lunch at Raglan Road. After lunch, I think well do some shopping at Downtown Disney and possibly head back for a rest at the resort until dinner. Dinner is at Kouzzina at 5:00pm. Once were done with dinner, our plan (per Js request) is to head to Epcot since its evening EMH and explore any parts of World Showcase that we missed on the day before and possibly Snack Around the World. We realize we probably wont be hungry, but we have to use our snack credits somewhere even if we get small treats to take back to our room with us. I came up with a list of potential snacks based on the menus Ive looked at. Also, depending on the weather, this may turn into a Drink Around the World challenge (it would have to be low heat/humidity for that to occur for me, or Ill get sick). The plan is to get one snack (or drink) and split it.

Our Snack Around the World To-Do List:
1. Canada Canadian Pretzel Breadsticks
2. United Kingdom Shortbread
3. France Chocolate Crepe
4. Morocco Baklava
5. Japan Kaki Gori
6. America Cream Cheese Pretzel
7. Italy Tiramisu or Cannoli (or both, according to J)
8. Germany German Chocolate Caramel
9. China Caramel Ginger Ice Cream
10. Norway School Bread
11. Mexico Churros or Paletas
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #33
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

I haven't been on ToT at night... that would be so cool! I'll have to remember to do that in October

Mmmm, churros. I think those may be my favorite snack in all of WDW!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #34
andapanda
Mouseketeer

I can't remember if I rode ToT at night previously, but I think it would be awesome to look out over the park at night, if only for a split second.

I know I like both churros and paletas, so I can't choose. It might be both, on separate days. :
Old 05-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #35
andapanda
Mouseketeer

Day 5 July 11th

Day 5 is our Hollywood Studios Day. Well start our day off early (Im sure youre sensing a pattern by now) with 7:30am ADRs at Boma. It took J a lot of persuading to get me to commit to Boma. Breakfast seemed like our best bet, since there is still a lot of breakfast foods served in addition to the African dishes. This will be a good opportunity for me to experiment with some different foods. After breakfast, well head over to Hollywood Studios. Our plan, as is everyones, Im sure, is to go to TSMM first thing. Im not sure if well ride it right away or get fast passes it depends on the timing. We have 11:15am reservations for Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. This is another one of Js picks he is a sci-fi movie fanatic and is excited about eating here. Im sure well probably spend awhile in the restaurant, watching the cheesy movies. I dont mind spending some time in the restaurant, since there are several shows that we arent too interested in seeing. We also reserved a Fantasmic! Dining Package for 4:30pm at Mama Melroses. We're planning on being at the park the whole day.

A few things were not particularly interested in:
1. American Idol Experience (definitely no)
2. Playhouse Disney Live (definitely no)
3. Disney Channel Rocks! (definitely no)
4. Voyage of the Little Mermaid (not sure what it is)
5. Beauty and the Beast Live (Js least favorite of all Disney movies but I may be able to persuade him to do this)

Neither of us like American Idol, and we arent traveling with children so Im guessing Playhouse Disney and Disney Channel Live will be a definite no. Any input/opinions on Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast would be appreciated. Also, Im open to suggestions as to which attractions we might want to do if were visiting Hollywood Studios during evening EMH (as we are a few days prior to this) Id like to get a few easy things done when we visit a few days before (Day 3) during the evening EMH.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #36
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

I'm not a big breakfast-eater, but breakfast at Boma is very good! If you're not feeling adventurous with the foods, there's plenty of "normal" breakfast fare: bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, pastries, bagels, fresh fruit, waffles. And the "Jambo Juice" (I've also seen it called "African Frunch" ) is very yummy!

I'm also not a fan of American Idol, so I've skipped AIE in the past... that is, until my trip last year. Even without being a fan of the show, I really enjoyed the attraction. If you have the chance to do it, I say give it a try!

Voyage of the Little Mermaid is a live-on-stage telling of the movie... sort of like the Beauty and the Beast show, but on a much, much smaller scale.
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #37
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great!!

Love the snacking around the world! We're attempting that as well. You picked some great snacks to try!!

We rode ToT in the dark on our last trip and loved it!! It was so cool to look out and see the park all lit up!

I'm not sure what to suggest for evening EMH's at DHS because we've never been but definitely see Beauty and the Beast. It's an amazing show.

Angies1274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #38
andapanda
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the input! I'll have to work on J about seeing some of the shows - he'll probably give in though

I'm off work today, so I think I'm going to look at what exactly is open during EMH, and see if I can plan a few rides for EMH. I don't think I'll plan on more than two or three, as that might be a good time to just leisurely walk around the park. That, and J is worried that if I plan too much I'll get frustrated if it doesn't go my way as far as wait times.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #39
andapanda
Mouseketeer

Day 6 July 12th

Our day will start out with a 7am ADR at Chef Mickeys. Ive debated back and forth about Chef Mickeys, but Im pretty sure well keep this reservation. Im hoping we wont be there too long, as were planning to go to Blizzard Beach, and it has morning EMH. There are some things well obviously be skipping, as we dont have kids: Ski Patrol Training, and Tikes Peak. Im also very wary of Summit Plummet. Ive never ridden any speed slides before, and I have a fear of heights and the feeling of free-falling. Im game for just about anything else. I may have mentioned this before, but we arent the type of people to ride water rides over and over again, so well probably try to visit everything we want to ride, and then hang out in Melt-Away Bay and Cross Country Creek.

Not counting any of the rides I mentioned above, that leaves us with:
1. Teamboat Springs
2. Toboggan Racers (If I can convince J he has a fear of going head first)
3. Chair Lift (Im sure well ride it to get up to the green section, even though I hate chair lifts)
4. Downhill Double Dipper
5. Runoff Rapids (Well probably try to ride all three slides)
6. Slush Gusher
7. Snow Stormers (If I can convince J)

It doesnt sound like much, so Im hoping we can fit everything in. I know lines can get hectic in water parks, so Im hoping we get there right at 8am or shortly after I know its cutting it close with breakfast. After Blizzard Beach, we have 4:15 ADRs at The Garden Grill in Epcot. This is a change from my previous dining schedule, and Js pick after he found out about Chip and Dale. Im not 100% sure what well do after dinner. We may wander around Epcot, but Im thinking possibly visiting Downtown Disney or just heading back to the resort for a bit. Or if we feel like it, going back to Blizzard Beach or using another water park credit and re-visiting Typhoon Lagoon if we missed anything we really wanted to do. Our last ADR of the day is at Kona Caf, and isnt until 9:30. Were planning on going early to see the Electrical Water Pageant.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #40
andapanda
Mouseketeer

Day 7 July 13th

This is our Animal Kingdom day. We have 8:05 ADRs at Tusker House, and 12:30 ADRs at Yak & Yeti. I think Im most looking forward to DINOSAUR! and Kilimanjaro Safari. J is looking forward to Expedition Everest. We plan to ride the rides early and then spend the rest of our time exploring the trails. We then have an 8:00pm ADR at Boatwrights. This was another one of Js picks, and to be honest, Ive looked at the sample menu and I dont see much Im interested in eating. I dont know if were interested in seeing the Festival of the Lion King or Finding Nemo The Musical. These kinds of shows just arent up our alley but well see how the day goes. Id like to take a laid back approach to Animal Kingdom. After Boatwrights, well probably head back over to Magic Kingdom for EMH. And then, back to POFQ to pack.

Day 8 July 14th

This is our last day at Disney. We will probably check out (and see if we can have our luggage stored), and then our starts with an 8:00am ADR at 1900 Park Fare. From there, we will probably go to Magic Kingdom. If there is anything we really wanted to do and didnt get to at any other park (or something were dying to do again), well park hop. Id really like to spend the entire day at Magic Kingdom though. At some point during the day, weve talked about leaving Disney property and checking into our hotel for Universal. This is still up in the air, as Im not sure about the logistics of parking at the parks after weve checked out. We may just hold off until after we leave the parks. We have a 6:00pm ADR at Captains Grille, and then to finish off our stay at Disneythe IllumiNations Fireworks Cruise! This is something J and I debated extensively about, because of the price. But weve found another group to share a cruise with (and I think we still have space for a few more!). Im terribly excited for this, even though it means the end of our stay at Disney. We have no idea when well be back (Im pushing for a shorter stay next summer, but J insists that he would rather not do Disney two summers in a row), and that will make me incredibly sad.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #41
andapanda
Mouseketeer

A Weight Loss Update

With the stress of the end of the school year, I ended up not being able to lose that much weight - in fact, I put a little bit of weight back on. My trainer came to my rescue, and modified a diet that previously did not work for me (I love her, she is all about using what works best for each individual), even though she is not currently training me. Since the last day of school, I've managed to take off about 7.5 lbs. I'm at my lowest weight since college. Right now, I'm roughly at 213 lbs. If I can get down to 200 lbs before our trip, I'd be amazingly happy.

I bought several pairs of jean/khaki shorts (ok, more than several) in a size smaller than I was able to wear. As of today, I have 6 pair that fit comfortably, 2 additional pair that semi-comfortably (they're way shorter than I'm used to and I think that's the issue right now), and 2 pair that I don't think I'll be able to wear. Additionally, I have 4 pair of cotton shorts and 2 pair of running shorts, along with 3 or 4 pair in a bigger size that I could wear with a belt as a last resort. I know I'll have to do laundry at least once on our trip.

I'm also proud to say that NONE of my shirts for this trip are plus-sized (although it was a challenge with my bust size ). I bought a ton of $3.88 tank tops at Walmart, and they fit comfortably. I think I just have to let go and not worry about how I look - hard for me to do, especially since my husband purchased PhotoPass and wants to upgrade to PhotoPass+.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #42
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the weight loss! Well done! Your countdown calendar is so cute too! Looking forward to hearing more!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #43
TheNewMrsB
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your weight loss success! I totally understand where you're coming from - I've lost around 35 lbs and hope to lose at least another 20 by our trip - 102 days away! Isn't it a great feeling to know you've gone down in size? I went shopping a few weeks ago for some new summer tops and capris and was thrilled to buy a smaller size.

Anyway, don't worry too much about how you'll look there. If your face is happy and you're relaxed and smiling, that's all that matters. No stressing over it!

Jen & Rob's Not-So-Scary Deluxe Dining Report

1988 - First Visit, September 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Polynesian, December 2012 - Christmas at the Polynesian
TheNewMrsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #44
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by andapanda View Post
Off the Beaten Path

J is very interested in doing some things that are hidden gems. On our list so far:

Play mini-golf
Carriage ride at POR
Characters in Flight
Pick an oyster in EPCOT (Japan)
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom (for J)
Swim in the Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon
Electrical Water Pageant (after dinner at Kona Cafe)

I'd love to add some interesting things to this list, so if you know of anything interesting, let me know.
Joining in!

What about the wine tour in Epcot?

Early congrats on your anniversary! And congrats on the weight loss, too. I know it is hard, I'm struggling myself, but keep working at it and you will get there.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #45
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Your plans looks great. We love Chef Mickeys.
You may already know this, but Sci-Fi does not play entire movies, just short snip-its of different movies. The 1st time we went, I thought we were going to be watching a whole movie!
Congrats on your weight loss!
We did the waterparks on our 1st trip & loved them! But, we have not been able to fit it in again I would love to one day spend 2 weeks at WDW & do everything!!!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

onescgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: