Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #136
MickeysStarTrader
I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy

Firstly, so happy to read an update! I know you have a ton going on so don't worry about it

Secondly, congrats on closing on your house and moving!! That's so exciting

And finally, your dress is so pretty and you look beautiful in it! On a side note, I think pre-ceremony pics are not only a great idea because of the heat, but have you ever taken early morning pics at Wilderness Lodge?! They come out amazing! Are y'all doing a first look?
MickeysStarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #137
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran

Just read your whole PJ in one sitting. Never mind all the work I haven't gotten finished this evening!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your story so far...I loved the proposal story and the rings are beautiful!

The grandbaby is GORGEOUS and I loved your four parks in one day adventure!

Your dress is really lovely on you and perfect with the jewelry you got. I've never been to VWL, we own at BLT and mainly have stayed there and at OKW...but VWL is definitely on my wish list for a trip soon!

Can't wait to hear more about your plans as you go forward.

Have a great day!
Brooke
Bewitch324 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #138
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Hey you 2. Looks like it's really going to happen, I see a wedding gown (a very beautiful one at that!)

So exciting!
Thanks, Muushka! We're laying even odds that the wedding will happen before the kitchen remodel at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysStarTrader
Firstly, so happy to read an update! I know you have a ton going on so don't worry about it

Secondly, congrats on closing on your house and moving!! That's so exciting

And finally, your dress is so pretty and you look beautiful in it! On a side note, I think pre-ceremony pics are not only a great idea because of the heat, but have you ever taken early morning pics at Wilderness Lodge?! They come out amazing! Are y'all doing a first look?
Well, since our last posts, we lost internet and phone Sunday night and just got them back late this afternoon. It was mostly due to the move, but I waited three days for a tech to show up meaning I lost precious time I could be doing other things. . .like moving! As I have no idea what a "first look" is, I'll leave that up to luv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitch324
Just read your whole PJ in one sitting. Never mind all the work I haven't gotten finished this evening!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your story so far...I loved the proposal story and the rings are beautiful!

The grandbaby is GORGEOUS and I loved your four parks in one day adventure!

Your dress is really lovely on you and perfect with the jewelry you got. I've never been to VWL, we own at BLT and mainly have stayed there and at OKW...but VWL is definitely on my wish list for a trip soon!

Can't wait to hear more about your plans as you go forward.

Have a great day!
Brooke
We are tickled you've enjoyed your read thus far, and we hope to have more cool stories and pics and revelations coming soon. We may be imperfect people, but we're perfectly suited for each other; hopefully, that comes through in our PJ. As you undoubtedly read the comments above, I won't repeat them. Did I mention I waited three days to be seen by a tech for merely moving service from one house to another just three blocks away? I did? Oops.

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #139
kellyb2000
I admit it...my username is boring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvvwl View Post

I'm sure they're huge, so sorry!!!
Don't apologize, girl! They look fabulous!

I am so sorry for that inappropriate comment - what am I, a guy????

kellyb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #140
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

Lololol! They ARE kinda out there, right? I keep asking P if they're too much, but he's male so of course he says the're not! Besides, there's really not alot I can do about it, if you know what I mean!
Old 08-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #141
sleepydog25

Quote:
Lololol! They ARE kinda out there, right? I keep asking P if they're too much, but he's male so of course he says the're not! Besides, there's really not alot I can do about it, if you know what I mean!
So, we're back from our trip to Alaska which is why we were absent on here for so long. . .well, that and because we were moving into the house we just bought. We had a lot going on for awhile! But, we're back and we'll provide wedding updates henceforth and forthwith. To keep on topic, however, let me just add that when we came back from Alaska and all the wonderful seafood we consumed, luv wanted to try on her dress to make sure it still fit--it did, beautifully. Only 10+ months to go. . .

Old 09-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #142
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

I know I haven't updated in forever, but as P mentioned, we've been a bit busy! On the wedding front, we decided I needed a second band for a more finished look (plus, who doesn't like more bling right?) so we ordered that from Jared's yesterday.

We're having a planning trip in early November so we've been busy, well, planning for that. So look for a super detailed update then, particularly for anyone interested in a Sunrise Terrace ceremony.

Also, I've been struggling to find super cute white dresses. I found several Lilly Pulitzer ones, but either I'm not the size I thought I was or they run small. Really small. It's sooooo frustrating. I did order one from Alfred Angelo back in July but it won't be in until the end of this month. I guess I'll put that on the backburner til next spring.

Oh! And. I don't think I said, but we've decided that since we can't have a MK photoshoot during our wedding week we're going to have a shoot with Randy Chapman the day after the wedding instead. Deposit has been paid!!
Old 09-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #143
sleepydog25

Quote:
I know I haven't updated in forever, but as P mentioned, we've been a bit busy! On the wedding front, we decided I needed a second band for a more finished look (plus, who doesn't like more bling right?) so we ordered that from Jared's yesterday.

We're having a planning trip in early November so we've been busy, well, planning for that. So look for a super detailed update then, particularly for anyone interested in a Sunrise Terrace ceremony.

Also, I've been struggling to find super cute white dresses. I found several Lilly Pulitzer ones, but either I'm not the size I thought I was or they run small. Really small. It's sooooo frustrating. I did order one from Alfred Angelo back in July but it won't be in until the end of this month. I guess I'll put that on the backburner til next spring.

Oh! And. I don't think I said, but we've decided that since we can't have a MK photoshoot during our wedding week we're going to have a shoot with Randy Chapman the day after the wedding instead. Deposit has been paid!!
You and the frog in your pocket? It was inevitable, I suppose. . .

Old 09-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #144
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

I just read through the entire PJ and I love your story, the engagement, the rings and all of your plans so far. Your dress is beautiful, as well as the ceremony location. We initially looked into this one but being that our guest list exploded it wasnt an option anymore lol
We are getting married on the same day, just different locations (I'm doing mine at the Swan and Dolphin).
I can't wait to read more!
Happy planning!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #145
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
You and the frog in your pocket? It was inevitable, I suppose. . .
You TOLD me to get the second band!! You said, "get the band, babe." YOU!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #146
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaMouse View Post
I just read through the entire PJ and I love your story, the engagement, the rings and all of your plans so far. Your dress is beautiful, as well as the ceremony location. We initially looked into this one but being that our guest list exploded it wasnt an option anymore lol
We are getting married on the same day, just different locations (I'm doing mine at the Swan and Dolphin).
I can't wait to read more!
Happy planning!
Oh, cool! We're wedding twins! What time is your ceremony?
Old 09-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #147
sleepydog25

Quote:
You TOLD me to get the second band!! You said, "get the band, babe." YOU!!!!!!
I agreed that you should get the second band. . .lolol

Old 09-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #148
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

Mid week I got a call from the bridal salon that my cute little white Alfred Angelo dress is in! That's about 4 weeks sooner than I expected! I immediately made an apt for a fitting, which would have been yesterday. But. HAD to cancel.

Why? Because the very next day P got a call from Jared's!! My second band was in!!! WAY earlier than expected. It was a no brainer. Reschedule dress fitting in favor of picking up that little beauty!!

Here's how they all look together (and yes, I know EXACTLY how well loved (read spoiled, lolol) I am!!!

Also, I don't think I'll be able to get back to the bridal salon until early October at this point, though, since I'll be headed down to DW at the end of this month for a F&W girl's weekend. Very excited!! Plus, we really need the next couple of weekends to (cross your fingers for us) finish up the house so we're not living in renovation purgatory any longer. Only one more coat of paint to go! The kitchen cabinets are in, the granite guy comes tomorrow to make a template and the appliances come Tuesday!

We no longer have to squint to see the light at the end of the tunnel, lolol!!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #149
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

Wow, my hands are wrinkle-y
Old 09-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #150
Floridagram
DIS Veteran

That is some SERIOUS bling! Are you wearing it now or do you have to wait for the wedding? Congratulations on your happiness.
Carnival Holiday-1992,NCL Norway-1996,Carnival Ecstasy-1998,Carnival Tropicale-1999,RCCL Voyager of the Seas-2001,RCCL Mariner of the Seas- 2004,HAL Zuiderdam-2004,HAL Westerdam-February 2007,Disney Magic-April 2007.Carnival Liberty-May 2008,DCL Fantasy- May 2012, CCL Freedom-Aug 2012, DCL Fantasy April 2013,NCL Jewel-Aug 2014, DCL Wonder Sept. 2014, CCL Liberty Oct 2014, Nov 2014 (B2B) RCCL Enchantment Nov 2014
Floridagram is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: