DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #16
chainkid
DIS Veteran

I always valet park as that is the fun of vacation for me so that is never an issue for me. . I find the boardwalk to be my only favorite resort. None of the others satisfies all my family members. Beach club pool is not a draw for me at all and I hate that none of the rooms have a view worth having IMO. I think the view from the Boardwalk to the beach club/yacht club is more soothing . You are not as close to Epcot but other than that I prefer the ESPN club, Jelly rolls and the outside vendors and during the F&W festival you are closer to the Swann /Dolphin area that hosts their own festival. My family has alot of very active sports nuts so the ESPN club being just a short stroll away is a major draw for us. I enjoy the hussle and bustle as i live in the country where it is totally peaceful 24/7..nice to have something different . Never had a problem with noise when sleeping either and I get the Boardwalk view as often as I can
chainkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #17
gdrj
DIS Veteran

Can't go wrong either way.

My choice would be Boardwalk for the following reasons.
1- The room views of either Boardwalk or Pool/Gardens are very nice. BCV while it may overlook Villas pool (not main pool) there is also the chance you could have a view of roadway, trees, or obstructed.

2- While all Food choices are on the Boardwalk (not actually in hotel), there are many from Bakery, Pizza, hotdogs to ESPN,and full service restaurants

3- Night time activity (street performers, games) creates a buzz that even if you don't particpate in is fun to walk by while grabbing an ice cream. SInce its kid focused it doesnt run too late.

4- The Resort feel to the location and beautiful lobby, the rockers overlooking the water all add to the experience.

5- As far as parking, we've driven and flown. We rarely use the car when we are there, walk or boat to MGM or Epcot. Use buses for most others. Considering all the walking in the parks I dont see it that big of deal to grab the car while the rest of the family is getting ready. Other choice is to Valet if you need the car multiple times a day but my recommendation would be just to park it.
gdrj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #18
crisi
DIS Veteran

I prefer the BW, but its home. Either resort is nice. You many not have a choice, so I wouldn't get my heart set on having a definite preference, and call early the day you can first make reservations. F&W is a very popular event with DVCers, with a lot of people owning at BWV or BCV just to have the priority booking window for that time of year, and quite a few non Epcot area owners have your same idea.

Hardest to book will be BW Standard View, then Boardwalk View, then anything at the Beach Club, then BW Preferred View. Personally, I'd do my prioritization in that order - if you CAN get standard view or boardwalk view at the Boardwalk, grab it - its unlikely to come your way again at that time of year. If not and Beach Club is open, grab that, while you might get that on a future try, it will be more difficult. Then grab BW Preferred View if that is available, that is most likely to be open in the future.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:14 AM   #19
smidgy
dimples

I don't think they need a guard at the further lot at BW, or anyone parking there is "getting away with" something.

boardwalk is a destination, and you shouldn't have to have an ADR to go there. we often drive over to go to Jellyrolls, and to do karaokee at the swan. often you want to stay past the time the boats take you to Hollywood studios.

not everything to do at Boardwalk requires a reservation. since they basically did away with pleasure Island, it's a nice night spot for adults. I think that's kinda the purpose of the further lot.

Last edited by smidgy; 03-21-2012 at 10:45 PM.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #20
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Either one.

Beach Club has better parking, better pool, restaurants that we prefer.

Boardwalk has better views, newer rooms, nicer lobby area, and more shops and entertainment.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #21
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post
Hardest to book will be BW Standard View, then Boardwalk View, then anything at the Beach Club, then BW Preferred View.
Just to put a real example behind Crisi's post, we tried to book a BWV 1BR Boardwalk View 10 months out for October and could not get all of the nights we needed. Two or three nights out of the 7 nights we wanted were not available and they weren't consecutive so I really didn't want to try the waitlist. Then the CM told me that surprisingly a Standard View 1BR was available so we grabbed it! Not sure how that happened since those usually go first but I was very glad to get it.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #22
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
Just to put a real example behind Crisi's post, we tried to book a BWV 1BR Boardwalk View 10 months out for October and could not get all of the nights we needed. Two or three nights out of the 7 nights we wanted were not available and they weren't consecutive so I really didn't want to try the waitlist. Then the CM told me that surprisingly a Standard View 1BR was available so we grabbed it! Not sure how that happened since those usually go first but I was very glad to get it.
add us to those who have been unable to get BW view when booking at much less than 11 months out.
since there are about the same amount of BW view and standard view rooms, each seems to go as quickly as the other (there are ppl who prefer the ponit savings of SV, and others, like ourselves, who are addicted to that amazing BW view). we've experienced a few occassions when BW view was unavailable, but a very few SVs were. more often, we are offered BCV.
personally, we prefer BWV over BCV (we own at both), for the reasons others have stated: much better views, tons to do, community hall, decor, and very important to us, a much quieter atmosphere in the resort itself and pools. the BCVs are pretty and have a pool many love (we aren't fans), a bustling lobby, and a sandy beach (which anyone can visit).
we always have a car, go 2-3x a year, and don't find the parking far or inconvenient at the BWVs, but then again, really dislike too close parking, especially if there is any chance of seeing, hearing, and smelling cars from our room
enjoy your trip
Old 03-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #23
ellenmiele

Mouseketeer

We love BWV and have stayed at both BWV and BCV. There's just something about BW that we like - maybe because we are from the Jersey Shore - it really feels like home away from home! But if I was looking at stay in the Epcot area ( for F&WF, for example) then BCV would be a close second.

5/02(Poly),4/03(Poly),4/04(WL),10/04(BW),4/05(CR),4/06(AK and GF),4/07(BCV),12/07(SSR), 6/08 (DCL Wonder and BWV), 4/09 (SSR and Poly), 4/10 (AKV-Kidani Village and BLT) 4/11 (Universal HRH for WWoHP and then HHI villas), 4/12 (OKW), 11/12 (BWV for Grandma and Grandpa's 50th anniversary!), 3/13 (OKW), and next we sail the Dream then head on to the Villas at the Grand Floridian!

WL FLAG FAMILY 4/18/04
ellenmiele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #24
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

This late in the game, take whatever you can get Personally, I'd go with BWV (where we own), although my wife prefers BCV. You can't go wrong with either
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #25
herb102211
DIS Veteran

We own at BWV but honestly, you can’t go wrong with either. I like the Beach Club slightly better because of their beach and stormalong bay. I also like the fact that they have the restaurants in the hotel, whereas the Boardwalk’s are outside on the boardwalk.

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club , 12/14- AoA 3/15-BC, 5/15-YC
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #26
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

If you have kids with you under 10 BC 1000%
Without kids, or older kids BW.

BC pool is over packed/crowded. With kids it is great they meet friends. But the main pool's hot tubs are stuffed with kids.

BW has a mix of adults and family type of people. (Less kids) There is also stuff always going on in the evening... Focusing on adults mostly.

The walk diff is minimal, unless you have a stroller, and 3 tired kids. Or a medical cond, but you could always take the boat anyway.

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #27
Plutofan
DIS Veteran

BC is our favorite due to the pool. Both locations are great.

Plutofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #28
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

I was going to try and switch to a 2BR in either BW or BC for our trip the first week of Nov. during the last week of F&W. I already have a reservation at BLT so if we don't get something it isn't a big deal but I didn't think it would hurt to try or even possibly waitlist. The big thing for us is having two beds in the 2nd bedroom instead of the sofa bed. It looks like BWV only has the sofa bed, but the BCV has the following descriptions:

2 queen-size beds in the 2nd bedroom with 2 pillows each (DQ) or 1 queen-size bed plus one double-size sofa bed (DC, DL)

What does DQ, DC, and DL mean? I assume they are wings or views?
MaxsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #29
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsDad View Post
The big thing for us is having two beds in the 2nd bedroom instead of the sofa bed. It looks like BWV only has the sofa bed, but the BCV has the following descriptions:

2 queen-size beds in the 2nd bedroom with 2 pillows each (DQ) or 1 queen-size bed plus one double-size sofa bed (DC, DL)

What does DQ, DC, and DL mean? I assume they are wings or views?
Most of the DVC resorts that have Dedicated 2BRs have 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom. BCV is unique in that some of their Dedicated 2BRs have a queen and a sofa bed in the 2nd bedroom. So BCV has three types of 2BRs:
  1. Dedicated 2BR with 2 queen beds
  2. Dedicated 2BR with 1 queen and 1 sofa bed
  3. Lockoff 2BR (1BR + Studio, so 1 queen bed and 1 sofa bed in the studio portion)
I don't know why it's showing those booking codes (DQ, DC, DL) since they don't mean anything to us. I would guess that #1 above is DQ, #2 is DC and #3 is DL. But what really matters is to know that some Dedicated 2BRs at BCV have 1 queen bed and 1 sofa bed and that if you need two real beds you need to book that specific room type: Dedicated 2BR with 2 Queen Beds.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #30
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

[QUOTE=MaxsDad;44401959]I was going to try and switch to a 2BR in either BW or BC for our trip the first week of Nov. during the last week of F&W. I already have a reservation at BLT so if we don't get something it isn't a big deal but I didn't think it would hurt to try or even possibly waitlist. The big thing for us is having two beds in the 2nd bedroom instead of the sofa bed. /QUOTE]

Unfortunately, you probably won't get the dedicated two bedroom with two queen beds in the second bedroom because there are only 25 of them and they go very quickly. People who wound up with the combo dedicated (queen and sleeper) probably wait list the dedicated with two queens when they can't get them.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: