Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Question LYNX Bus from TTC to DC?

Hello I am thinking of taking the LYNX bus to Discovery Cove and then a Taxi back to DTD to save some money. If we want to take the LYNX bus, do we catch it at the TTC? (we are staying at the POLY), and does it only go to SEAWORLD?? where we would then have to transfer to the Discovery Cove shuttle??? What time in the morning should we catch the LYNX bus? I'd like to be checking into DC by 8:30'ish to maximize our day and get a good dolphin swim time, as well as enjoy breakfast. We have our day planned for Tuesday, Oct 2. Is it worth taking the bus?? Easy?? convenient?? or are we better off taxi-ing it both ways??? There are 4 of us, so MEARS is more costly, and not an option.
Thanks for your help!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
Sehsun
DIS Veteran

Yes, bus 50 does have a stop at TTC. From there it actually stops at DTD (so you could possibly take this route back to DTD at the end of the day if you wanted to!), and then onto SeaWorld.

I saw that the SW stop is at Sea Harbor Drive and Central Florida Parkway. I am not sure how close this stop is to the entrance of SW. It is possible you may have to do a bit of walking?? Does anyone else know?

I believe there is a shuttle that goes to DC at the entrance of SW.

According to the LYNX schedule, it might be best - though it is super early - to catch the 7:03 AM bus at TTC. That would get you to SW at about 7:38. I don't know how often the shuttle to DC runs, so hopefully would give you enough time to arrive at DC by 8:30ish.

I personally haven't taken LYNX before, but I hope it works out for you if you choose this option!

Check out this link for more details on route 50.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehsun View Post
Yes, bus 50 does have a stop at TTC. From there it actually stops at DTD (so you could possibly take this route back to DTD at the end of the day if you wanted to!), and then onto SeaWorld.

I saw that the SW stop is at Sea Harbor Drive and Central Florida Parkway. I am not sure how close this stop is to the entrance of SW. It is possible you may have to do a bit of walking?? Does anyone else know?I believe there is a shuttle that goes to DC at the entrance of SW.

According to the LYNX schedule, it might be best - though it is super early - to catch the 7:03 AM bus at TTC. That would get you to SW at about 7:38. I don't know how often the shuttle to DC runs, so hopefully would give you enough time to arrive at DC by 8:30ish.

I personally haven't taken LYNX before, but I hope it works out for you if you choose this option!

Check out this link for more details on route 50.
Basically this bus stop will but you right outside the Sea World parking lot. You can walk across the parking lot to either the Sea World Park entrance or to the canopy where the DC shuttle is.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
Sehsun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
Basically this bus stop will but you right outside the Sea World parking lot. You can walk across the parking lot to either the Sea World Park entrance or to the canopy where the DC shuttle is.
Thank you for the clarification!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
ktate82
DIS Veteran

The bus actually starts out at the TTC. We stayed at the Poly last year and used it to go to SW. We just walked across to the TTC where the buses are for HS and AK and caught the bus there. It makes several stops, but it was an easy (and cheap) ride. It dropped us right at the parking lot, so just a walk across it to get to the SW gate. But when you catch it back, make sure you cross the street to the other stop so you are going the right way (not that we learned from experience or anything
ktate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
pigby
This one might be a little more challenging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktate82 View Post
The bus actually starts out at the TTC. We stayed at the Poly last year and used it to go to SW. We just walked across to the TTC where the buses are for HS and AK and caught the bus there. It makes several stops, but it was an easy (and cheap) ride. It dropped us right at the parking lot, so just a walk across it to get to the SW gate. But when you catch it back, make sure you cross the street to the other stop so you are going the right way (not that we learned from experience or anything
Haha - we made the same mistake - a SW CM directed us right out of the park to another bus pick up point - you need to go across the SW parking lot and across the street - you will know you are in the right place if you see a pink pawprint on the bus stop sign.

Sept 2013 Loews Hollywood/Candy Cane Inn DLR, June 2012 Portofino Bay/OKW, Aug 2011 OKW/HRH, April 2011, Candy Cane Inn DLR, California, March 2011 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Jul 2010 HoJo, Disneyland California, Dec 2009 Santa Fe DLRP, May 2009 ASMu/BCV,Aug 2008 CSR/RPR - WDW/Universal, Oct 2007 Santa Fe DLRP,Dec 2006 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Aug 2006 RPR/Saratoga Springs- Universal/WDW, May 2006 Cheyenne DLRP,Oct 2005 ASMo - WDW,July 2005 POP/WL - WDW, Oct 04 RPR/Pop/POFQ July 03 ASMo - WDW, Oct 02 Newport Bay DLRP, Aug 01 ASMo-WDW Sep 00 ASMo- WDW, Jun 97 Newport Bay DLRP, Jul 90 offsite WDW
pigby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: