Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
Soccer Princess
DIS Cast Member
you would never find me with the old hammer again!

How Strict on Age for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?

I know it says ages 3-12, but how strict are they on the ages? Do they give leeway within a few weeks/months? Do they actually ask the child's age while you are there?
Old 03-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Que_Sarah_Sarah
Whatever is Sarah will be.

Any age person can get a makeover at BBB. Unless that has changed recently??? Maybe they mean guests 3-12 can wear the costumes???

I have a DCP blog! HERE!

Just Keep Sewing!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
amylynne01
DIS Veteran

It was changed recently (how recently I can't remember) to exclude adults from the makeover process. If the website says it's for ages 3-12 (whatever the reason), then it's for ages 3-12. If your child is less than 3 or older than 12, she should not participate.
12/2011 SSR with no kids for our 5yr anniversary
1/2013 BLT for our first trip as a family of 5
8/2015 FW? Family reunion with my parents, sisters, and kids
12/2016 Poly? Celebrating our 10yr anniversary with our kids
Old 03-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
Soccer Princess
DIS Cast Member
you would never find me with the old hammer again!

I don't really see how a kid who is 2 years, 11 months and 2 weeks going is any different than a 3 year old going. Does anyone have actual experience and not just an opinion?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Princess View Post
I don't really see how a kid who is 2 years, 11 months and 2 weeks going is any different than a 3 year old going. Does anyone have actual experience and not just an opinion?
You might not see a difference, but for whatever reason, Disney does. Technically, they could ask to see the child's park ticket to make sure she is of age. Honestly, the best option for a little one is the Harmony Barber Shop. They do really cute styles with color and glitter for about a third of the price of BBB. Also, the BBB styles are pulled VERY tightly and rough on young children's hair.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
mumofcrzykids
Earning My Ears

They let my daughter last year on the evening before her 3rd birthday ONLY because this was the ONLY appointment available for our entire stay and It was chance that we called when a cancelation was going through. It was a 645pm appointment, the park closed at 10 and her birthday was the following day. So I guess if its a day they MAY let it go. But I wouldnt try any earlier or later (if the child is turning 13 etc)
Old 03-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Princess View Post
DO you consider her 3 and buy her a ticket?

Disney policy is BBB is for children 3-12. From what I have been told it has to do with the makeup not being tested on younger children.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #8
Jaylin
Mouseketeer

Go for it! No, they don't ask to see a park ticket. A few years we went the week before my daughter's 3rd birthday, and honestly I never even gave it a second thought when I booked her appt. I'm sure they say 3-12 y/o because for the most part 2 years old aren't capable for sitting still for the 45min to get the makeover done. It's does take some time. As long as you know she can sit still for that long, you'll be fine.

Don't worry about all the people around here that are going to harass you about it! It's truly not a big deal!
Old 03-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #9
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Hmmm...I had never heard the age limit before. I thought they still allowed adults even. I knew there was an age limit on costumes bc of not wanting older girls to be confused as characters. That is why we were going to make unofficial outfits for my older girls (by unofficial, I mean you will be able to tell what princess is their favorite, but it won't look anything like the princess costumes.) My 13 year old daughtet already saved up to have her hair done. I will have to ask about that when I call.

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Old 03-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #10
figmentfan6
Mouseketeer

I think it's important to remember also that they don't just do hair. They use makeup, and I'm sure for liability reasons they don't want that makeup on a child under 3's face. It's near their eyes too, so I personally would worry about my child rubbing it into their eyes at that age. Also, that's a TON of hairspray and stress to be putting on a young child's hair. The age of three isn't arbitrary. They pick an age where they feel the child is mature enough to listen to parents, physically grown enough to not have severe skin issues caused by makeup and with hair thick enough to handle the stress they put on it. Not to mention, again, this could be a liability thing depending on what products they use.

IMHO, go to the Harmony Barber Shop. It will be more unique, less strain, no makeup and faster, not to mention a fraction of the price! Also, when the Fairy Godmother in Training asks your little one how old she is, what will she say? If she says two, are you willing to risk being asked for a park ticket? For the record, I've been to the BBB, and this is a question asked (not in a forceful way, just in a getting to know you way) before they start doing anything (as the FGMT combs through to check for lice, etc.).
Old 03-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #11
lgjjp
Mouseketeer

We took our Dgd in jan 2011 when she was 2. We didnt realize there was an age requirement. She didn't turn 3 till march and they never questioned us about her age. Even now at 4 she is very tiny and could pass for under 3, her 2.5 yr old sister who was a micro premie is the same size. She loved it!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #12
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

We were told that the reason for the age restriction is that the make-up that they use has a "3 and up" marking on the product. This is the case with almost all the children's make-up items you would buy anywhere. I do not know if they would allow your child to participate if you told them her age or not but I do know from experience that if you ask 5 different Cm's a question, you will get 5 different answers so be prepared if an on the phone CM says yes, a on site one still may say no. I also do know that asking a child their age is a VERY common conversation starter with little ones and it is VERY likely that if you child is going to be asked her age even if it is not intended to exclude her from the experience.

So use all the information here and make your own decision.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #13
princessmom29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylin View Post
Go for it! No, they don't ask to see a park ticket. A few years we went the week before my daughter's 3rd birthday, and honestly I never even gave it a second thought when I booked her appt. I'm sure they say 3-12 y/o because for the most part 2 years old aren't capable for sitting still for the 45min to get the makeover done. It's does take some time. As long as you know she can sit still for that long, you'll be fine.

Don't worry about all the people around here that are going to harass you about it! It's truly not a big deal!
the policy has changed from a few years ago, and now they actually DO check. I don't think to OP is going to get her kid in without a park ticket.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #14
graceesmom
DIS Veteran

I just called BBB reservations earlier this week b/c I had misplaced one our confirmation numbers. When I was on hold, the information that plays while you wait said BBB is for "3 and up" not 3-12. I haven't checked the written information, but thought I would share that with the person whose 13 year old was planning to go.

As for the park ticket, the only time I could think of anyone asking for the park ticket for a BBB appointment is if your appointment is for a pre-opening appt. at MK. Noone is going to ask for a ticket at DTD. You can go to DTD without ever going into the parks and wouldn't even need to have a ticket or plan to go to the parks to make an appt. there.
Oct. 10 Poly * March 11 Beach Club * June 12 Grand Floridian *August 12 POR Royal Room and Yacht Club April 26-May 5 2013 CSR and Poly- 1st Time trying Club Level July 2013 Yacht Club January 2014 Animal Kingdom LodgeMarch 2014 Saratoga Springs and Coronado Spring Business Class

UPCOMING: April 2014 Yacht Club

CRUISES August 2013 Disney Dream March 2014 Disney Magic
UPCOMING** November 2014 Disney Fantasy

NEW April/May 2013 Family and Friends at Disney Beautiful Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7t7VhbD8do
Summer 2012 WDW Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxyUicMy5w
March 2011 WDW Vacation Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjlGPQ_CQ4
May 2010 WDW Celebration Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInxvg3qjh4
Old 03-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #15
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceesmom View Post
I just called BBB reservations earlier this week b/c I had misplaced one our confirmation numbers. When I was on hold, the information that plays while you wait said BBB is for "3 and up" not 3-12. I haven't checked the written information, but thought I would share that with the person whose 13 year old was planning to go.

As for the park ticket, the only time I could think of anyone asking for the park ticket for a BBB appointment is if your appointment is for a pre-opening appt. at MK. Noone is going to ask for a ticket at DTD. You can go to DTD without ever going into the parks and wouldn't even need to have a ticket or plan to go to the parks to make an appt. there.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tou...bidi-boutique/

"Guests ages 3 to 12 can choose from 3 hair styles—Fairytale Princess, Disney Diva and Pop Princess"
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: