Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #1096
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
ahhhh ok got ya...so we are better ditching the room discount and taking the free dining if it comes along..ok....then bring it on!! I have never really sat down and did the math, I always assumed it worked out the same. Fingers crossed then it comes along.!!!! Allllllllllllll hail Free dining gods!!!!
Don't assume that if its a better deal for somone else that it would also be a better deal for you.
Just before you decide...... Do the math.

Actually for us.... it didn't work out that great.....
There's just DD and myself......
We don't like sit-down meals all the time... in a week's time we will have only 3-5 table service meals (between 1-2 character breakfasts and a couple nice dinners)
We aren't big eaters and we like to just carry around a few "snacks" like healthy granola bars that we bring from home and pack in our suitcases.

We have found that now since all the resorts have refrigerators we can order from Garden Grocery and have some things like bottled water, snacks, cereal, milk delivered. Then we are set for the week.

It all depends on what you like..... if you typically do a lot of table service and there are 4 of you.... definitely free dining is a better deal.

But for 2 of us that don't eat much..... the resort "room only" discount is better.

Either way..... great deals!!

Oh.... forgot to add..... if you have an annual pass.... which we did last year.... you can get 10 to 20% discounts on a lot of restaurants. Also... we purchased a "Tables in Wonderland" dicsount card which is good for 1 year. Gave us 20% discounts...... the initial cost was $75 for the card but we saved about a total of $200 so far (we had other family members that met us down there for a couple meals).... and we will use it again when we go in May.

Last edited by cindyfan; 03-01-2013 at 09:28 AM.
cindyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #1097
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

well we sat down and did the math and we would def be better off with free dining by about $300 in our pocket so yes...def would work out better for us. Cant complain though about the room discount though and Im more than happy to be going back to CBR my happy place! Def going to take some cereal this year too and get some milk for the fridge. We will be hiring a car so the min we arrive I will stop off and pick some up along with some snacks for my two boys bottomless pit tummys!!!! 9 weeks and counting....cant wait

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #1098
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneshome View Post
is there a chance they offer FD for May? has anyone received a pin lately for this? DW is tired of calling and asking.
Aside from PINS - there was Free Dining offered to the GP a few years ago - but it was for the last week of May only.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #1099
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

dosn't the spring room offer run out tomorrow the 7th?? maybe a nice dining offer will come out then. Mind you, Ive called the reservations desk so many times this year and made so many changes if I call them again they will think Im a complete ding dong..lol

Old 03-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #1100
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
dosn't the spring room offer run out tomorrow the 7th?? maybe a nice dining offer will come out then. Mind you, Ive called the reservations desk so many times this year and made so many changes if I call them again they will think Im a complete ding dong..lol
Only for certain travel dates. I believe the promotion does end until March 31st.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #1101
Supermom3
DIS Veteran

We have been on again off again about being able to make a trip in the end of May, so I haven't posted in quite a while. Now that we are on again, I have a question about booking.

The Spring Offer saves us about $625. If I go ahead and book it, and by some miracle get a free dining pin for my dates, will I be able to re-book using the free dining pin? I know my chances for free dining the last week in May is VERY slim, but it would save me an additional $650 for my family of 5.

Also, any thoughts on pins for May still being out there? Or, do you all think that they have all gone out for our timeframe? There doesn't seem to be a lot of chatter about any new pins being released.

Thanks!!
Supermom3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #1102
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermom3 View Post
We have been on again off again about being able to make a trip in the end of May, so I haven't posted in quite a while. Now that we are on again, I have a question about booking.

The Spring Offer saves us about $625. If I go ahead and book it, and by some miracle get a free dining pin for my dates, will I be able to re-book using the free dining pin? I know my chances for free dining the last week in May is VERY slim, but it would save me an additional $650 for my family of 5.

Also, any thoughts on pins for May still being out there? Or, do you all think that they have all gone out for our timeframe? There doesn't seem to be a lot of chatter about any new pins being released.

Thanks!!
If you book under the Spring Promo and you get a better deal - you can definately switch (based on availability). I am not sure about a PIN for Free Dining - are there any even out there for any dates? As to if they will offer them for May - My guess is that Disney would wait and see how many reservations are booked with the Spring Promo, then decide if they need to send any out - but being 2 months away - not sure that will even be an option. I would get something on the books with the Spring Promo for sure.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #1103
Supermom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
If you book under the Spring Promo and you get a better deal - you can definately switch (based on availability). I am not sure about a PIN for Free Dining - are there any even out there for any dates? As to if they will offer them for May - My guess is that Disney would wait and see how many reservations are booked with the Spring Promo, then decide if they need to send any out - but being 2 months away - not sure that will even be an option. I would get something on the books with the Spring Promo for sure.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for a free dining pin (or any other for that matter). Never hurts to dream...
Supermom3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:49 AM   #1104
maggs1035
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermom3

Thanks!!
I'm pretty sure the spring offer ended on March 7th, so if you don't have a package booked then you won't get that offer?
maggs1035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:21 AM   #1105
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggs1035

I'm pretty sure the spring offer ended on March 7th, so if you don't have a package booked then you won't get that offer?

The spring offer is available until March 31st for trip dates between April 2-June 14.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #1106
Rashadvance
Earning My Ears

Questions about free dining eligibility...

We are booked and paid for 7 nights in a Little Mermaid room at the AOA. Of course since its the AOA Little Mermaid room, we couldn't use the spring discount. That property was excluded. My daughter is going to love this property so we made the choice to just stick with it. Here's my question; if a free dining discount becomes available for May, could it be available only to select properties. Additionally, since my trip has already been for in full can I still apply the discount and receive a refund? Thanks!

BTW, we will be there May 5 through May 12!
Rashadvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #1107
pktbMouse

Hi rash....Im going the same time as you on the 5th of May and the date I have written down here is that I can cancel and get a complete refund is on the 22nd of March. After that date if I cancel I will still get a full refund less $50. This is what the CM told me last week on the phone. So I guess you could cancel and rebook adding the free dining, that is...if AOA is NOT excluded in the deal. Who knows with Disney what they will do. they might exclude it, they might not. It sure would be nice for you if they did include it and before 22nd March!! That way it would be no penalty to you do rebook and add free dining. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya. We soo nearly booked AOA but my kids love CBR so much they wanted to go back there again. Maybe we will try AOA next year. Good luck! 8 weeks and counting!!!!! yay!

Old 03-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #1108
mikesdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindermomma View Post
I bet!!! We are getting close now! I think I am going to start planning my "Disney Countdown Calendar" today. I still have a bunch of the home depot Mickey head paint samples - will use them as the countdown ticker! I also need to make our trip shirts. Lots of fun planning to do! When are you guys heading down? We check in on the 30th (DH's bday!!).
We are checking in on the 16th and staying for 10 nights.
POFQ for half and WL for half Aug - Sept 2007-DS (10), Me
POR, Sept 2008 DS (11),Dmom , Ddad , Me::cheer2
ASMo, sept 2009 DS(12), Dmom, Ddad, Me
mikesdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #1109
Rashadvance
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi rash....Im going the same time as you on the 5th of May and the date I have written down here is that I can cancel and get a complete refund is on the 22nd of March. After that date if I cancel I will still get a full refund less $50. This is what the CM told me last week on the phone. So I guess you could cancel and rebook adding the free dining, that is...if AOA is NOT excluded in the deal. Who knows with Disney what they will do. they might exclude it, they might not. It sure would be nice for you if they did include it and before 22nd March!! That way it would be no penalty to you do rebook and add free dining. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya. We soo nearly booked AOA but my kids love CBR so much they wanted to go back there again. Maybe we will try AOA next year. Good luck! 8 weeks and counting!!!!! yay!
Thanks! Yep, that's exactly the same date I have! I hope so, that way we could spend more money during the trip. As it is though, we will still have a fantastice time. All of our dining reservations have been booked, BBB is booked, my wife's secret spa day is booked (shhhh!), Cirque du Soliel is booked, we are ready!
Rashadvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #1110
Tink03477
I love my little Disney Bear!

Smile Extended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
The spring offer is available until March 31st for trip dates between April 2-June 14.
It was originally only until March 7th, but then they extended it to March 31st which tells me they had more rooms to book.

PORFQ-10/1998 * ASM-5/2000 * CSR-5/2001 * POFQ & HRH-10/2002 * CBR-5/2003 * PORFQ 5/2004 * BCV (US/IOA RPH) - 8/2004-1st DVC * OKW/AKL 11/2004 * BCV 5/2005 * Dolphin 12/2005 * BWV 5/2006 * * 9/2006 - CA-GCH* 1/2007-Marriott *POR 8/2007* * AKL 1/2008 DS 19th B-DAY** Morgan's Grad May 23-26 / BC May 26-June 1, 2008*
* Poly-1st TIME! 5/2009* BC Club Level Sept 4-12, 2010**YC June 2-9, 2012 My 50th B-Day Trip! BWV May 19-26 2013
Tink03477 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: