Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #1081
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allboyhouse View Post
Yes. I know it was offered in 2011 and 2012 beginning the Friday before Memorial Day because we were there!!! LOL I booked that week again this year. Hoping for some pixie dust!!!! The free dining saves us $1680...not saving near that much with the room discount but I'll take whatever I can get!
Did you receive a pin for the May, 2012 free dining? I may be wrong but I thought that free dining was only offered in May, 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
We had it one year - but it was for the last week of May only - We checked in the Friday before Memorial Day and had it.
We were able to take advantage of free dining in May 2011 and it saved us a ton of money.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #1082
allboyhouse
Mouseketeer

No pin. It was public deal both years.
allboyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #1083
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allboyhouse View Post
No pin. It was public deal both years.
That's odd because we booked with the only offer that was available for our travel dates in May , 2012 with that offer being a % off. I just went to the mousesavers site and it shows free dining offered: Jan. 8 to Mar. 31, 2012 and also later in the year but nothing in May. It does, however, show free dining for May 27 to June 2, 2011 which is the only time that I've been able to take advantage of free dining in May. That's why I asked if it was a free dining pin.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #1084
amos07
Mouseketeer

So excited that in 90 days I get to surprise my kiddos! It has been so hard for me to not tell them and even more difficult to discuss things with my DH about the trip.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #1085
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amos07 View Post
So excited that in 90 days I get to surprise my kiddos! It has been so hard for me to not tell them and even more difficult to discuss things with my DH about the trip.
Thats awesome !!!! I can't believe you have been able to ! I was going to try to keep it a secret from my DW but I knew there was no chance

We are off in 83 days now ... Its really gettin here !
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #1086
cindermomma
DIS Veteran

Oh my - I just checked this AM and we are 90 days away from our trip!!!!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! Can't wait until we are on the road headed 'home'!

Port Orleans - French Quarter (2004)
POP (2005)
ASSports (2007)
POP (2010)
ASMovies (2011)

ASMusic (2013)
ASMusic (2014)
cindermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #1087
mikesdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I am trying to keep this a secret from my son that we are going for his birthday in May but it keeps getting harder and harder.
POFQ for half and WL for half Aug - Sept 2007-DS (10), Me
POR, Sept 2008 DS (11),Dmom , Ddad , Me::cheer2
ASMo, sept 2009 DS(12), Dmom, Ddad, Me
mikesdisneymom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #1088
cindermomma
DIS Veteran

I bet!!! We are getting close now! I think I am going to start planning my "Disney Countdown Calendar" today. I still have a bunch of the home depot Mickey head paint samples - will use them as the countdown ticker! I also need to make our trip shirts. Lots of fun planning to do! When are you guys heading down? We check in on the 30th (DH's bday!!).

Port Orleans - French Quarter (2004)
POP (2005)
ASSports (2007)
POP (2010)
ASMovies (2011)

ASMusic (2013)
ASMusic (2014)
cindermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #1089
allboyhouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown

That's odd because we booked with the only offer that was available for our travel dates in May , 2012 with that offer being a % off. I just went to the mousesavers site and it shows free dining offered: Jan. 8 to Mar. 31, 2012 and also later in the year but nothing in May. It does, however, show free dining for May 27 to June 2, 2011 which is the only time that I've been able to take advantage of free dining in May. That's why I asked if it was a free dining pin.
I'm thinking that it was extended to certain weeks. Trying to remember that far back. But we have never had a pin. I wish!! We have always gone with free dining and upgraded to deluxe but my hope for that this may is about gone!
allboyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #1090
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Im a little confused here...I noticed a lot of you hoping to add free dining to your already discounted rooms?? I thought you could only get one discount at a time ie either room discount OR free dining not both...am I wrong? I see people saying on here they got a pin for a discount and free dining?? how is this possible? I got a pin last year for free dining and discount too but they told me I had to choose which one I wanted to use. Just checking incase Im missing something here.. thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #1091
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
Im a little confused here...I noticed a lot of you hoping to add free dining to your already discounted rooms?? I thought you could only get one discount at a time ie either room discount OR free dining not both...am I wrong? I see people saying on here they got a pin for a discount and free dining?? how is this possible? I got a pin last year for free dining and discount too but they told me I had to choose which one I wanted to use. Just checking incase Im missing something here.. thanks
You are correct in your thinking. You can't stack two discounts on top of each other. You must chose one discount or the other.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #1092
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
I think a lot of people have discounted rooms booked but are waiting/hoping for Free Dining because they would prefer that discount over the room one.
Meaning they would switch their discounts.
The only people who have ever been able to combine Free Dining + Room disounts are those from the UK. Not sure about the PIN.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #1093
Chyvalri
Earning My Ears

Absolutely! The difference between free dining for a week and discount room for a week is the difference between $150 and like $900 savings. So BUMP! C'mon Disney, times are tough.
Chyvalri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #1094
nooneshome
but us dis shutins-send help or APs

is there a chance they offer FD for May? has anyone received a pin lately for this? DW is tired of calling and asking.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #1095
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

ahhhh ok got ya...so we are better ditching the room discount and taking the free dining if it comes along..ok....then bring it on!! I have never really sat down and did the math, I always assumed it worked out the same. Fingers crossed then it comes along.!!!! Allllllllllllll hail Free dining gods!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: