Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #841
Shaden
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,944

Quote:
Originally Posted by jentifred View Post
Ooooh! If I've already booked, but not paid more than the deposit, will I be able to apply the room discount?
Yes, once the promo is released, just call WDW and they will apply the discount.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:12 AM   #842
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying
 
dtr_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: too far from Disney
Posts: 1,758

Maybe it's my mommy brain but I can't figure out what the discount is supposed to be... Room and ticket discount? I have a suite booked at AoA so I guess 15% if it's like the last one. I wish the AoA suite would be discounted like a deluxe or even a moderate since they are so expensive but I get that it's like 2 rooms but it's not cheaper than getting 2 values.

/ late night rambles

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #843
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran
 
cajunprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
Maybe it's my mommy brain but I can't figure out what the discount is supposed to be... Room and ticket discount? I have a suite booked at AoA so I guess 15% if it's like the last one. I wish the AoA suite would be discounted like a deluxe or even a moderate since they are so expensive but I get that it's like 2 rooms but it's not cheaper than getting 2 values.

/ late night rambles

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I can't figure it out either. At first, I thought we'd save more money than with the PIN they sent me since we didn't get the room discount for the whole time we are there. But after looking at the spreadsheet, I just don't know if it will save a dime for me even without the PIN. I'm not doubting the poster of the discount as I know he has a solid track record, but it does make me wonder what they are exactly doing. I guess I'll just have to wait until January 3rd to understand it all.
__________________
POQ-1994/ Day visit - 1996/ Off site - 2001/ Off site - 2004/
CSR - 2005/ ASMo - 2006/ CSR - May 2009
CSR - January 2012/ CBR -May 2013 w/ our baby boy
DCL Magic - February 2014
DCL Dream- February 2015
cajunprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #844
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
Maybe it's my mommy brain but I can't figure out what the discount is supposed to be... Room and ticket discount? I have a suite booked at AoA so I guess 15% if it's like the last one. I wish the AoA suite would be discounted like a deluxe or even a moderate since they are so expensive but I get that it's like 2 rooms but it's not cheaper than getting 2 values.

/ late night rambles

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunprincess View Post
I can't figure it out either. At first, I thought we'd save more money than with the PIN they sent me since we didn't get the room discount for the whole time we are there. But after looking at the spreadsheet, I just don't know if it will save a dime for me even without the PIN. I'm not doubting the poster of the discount as I know he has a solid track record, but it does make me wonder what they are exactly doing. I guess I'll just have to wait until January 3rd to understand it all.
I can't make heads or tails out of the chart. I know that Danny25 has a reputation for posting accurate information so I'm fairly confident that a new promo will be released on January 3rd. I just hope that our travel dates and resort fall under the 30% off that Danny mentioned.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226



Last edited by mickeystoontown; 12-18-2012 at 11:36 AM.
mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #845
Shaden
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,944

I am with you both, the promo as posted wouldn't actually save us much of anything, so I am really hoping there is more to it. On top of that for some people this would actually be MORE than rack rate, which I can't see happening once rates have been posted. I am really hoping there is more to it. Either way I am booked and I am going, BUT, I still have the option of staying off site. Booked our flights, so we are headed there for sure. But My wife and I still want to return to Universal as well, soooooo ... there is that option.

Lets face it though, I really want to stay on site and spend 10 days at disney, lets just hope they help me do it !
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #846
mommy2jack
Mouseketeer
 
mommy2jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 320

Definately looking forward to January 3 for more info!

I did the quick math and this *might* save us around $400-$500. Staying at POR, I figured a 20 or 25% discount and the discounted tickets (which confuses me. Why discount tickets? Have they ever discounted tickets in the past??).
__________________
Me , DH , DS (6) , DD (3), (baby #3, arriving April '15)
mommy2jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #847
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
I am with you both, the promo as posted wouldn't actually save us much of anything, so I am really hoping there is more to it. On top of that for some people this would actually be MORE than rack rate, which I can't see happening once rates have been posted. I am really hoping there is more to it. Either way I am booked and I am going, BUT, I still have the option of staying off site. Booked our flights, so we are headed there for sure. But My wife and I still want to return to Universal as well, soooooo ... there is that option.

Lets face it though, I really want to stay on site and spend 10 days at disney, lets just hope they help me do it !
Keeping my fingers crossed for us all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jack View Post
Definately looking forward to January 3 for more info!

I did the quick math and this *might* save us around $400-$500. Staying at POR, I figured a 20 or 25% discount and the discounted tickets (which confuses me. Why discount tickets? Have they ever discounted tickets in the past??).
IF the discount at the CBR is 20%, then we'd save about $440.00 which is better than nothing. Danny25 stated that there would be a ticket price discount if you booked for 4 or more nights. In the past, we were able to take advantage of a free ticket upgrade (I believe they added the water park and more option for free that year.)
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #848
Shaden
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,944

Don't forget danny25 posted the price of the tickets, so thats there too.

Here is the deal for me, POFQ, May 5 - 15, 10 day Park Hopper

Rack Rate room only: 2452
Danny25 Price list room only: 2538 !!!

10 Day Park Hopper rack rate: 848
Danny25 Price List Ticket rate: 652 (assuming this includes taxes that is)

Total savings between 2 rates: 110.60

But notice, the price of my room actually went UP.

Its because we save almost 200 on tickets that we would save anything at all. Again, like others I can't see that disney would increase the price of the room above rack rate for a promotion, so I am struggling with these numbers.

I am very VERY thankful for any info, and for the effort to give info, Danny25 has much love from me, but I will need to wait this out til Jan to see whats up I think.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #849
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Don't forget danny25 posted the price of the tickets, so thats there too.

Here is the deal for me, POFQ, May 5 - 15, 10 day Park Hopper

Rack Rate room only: 2452
Danny25 Price list room only: 2538 !!!

10 Day Park Hopper rack rate: 848
Danny25 Price List Ticket rate: 652 (assuming this includes taxes that is)

Total savings between 2 rates: 110.60

But notice, the price of my room actually went UP.

Its because we save almost 200 on tickets that we would save anything at all. Again, like others I can't see that disney would increase the price of the room above rack rate for a promotion, so I am struggling with these numbers.

I am very VERY thankful for any info, and for the effort to give info, Danny25 has much love from me, but I will need to wait this out til Jan to see whats up I think.
I honestly can't see Disney raising rack rate prices any higher than what they are now and that's what makes the whole chart crazy to me. Oh well, like you said, I guess we'll all know what's what when the promotion comes out.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #850
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran
 
cajunprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jack View Post
Definately looking forward to January 3 for more info!

I did the quick math and this *might* save us around $400-$500. Staying at POR, I figured a 20 or 25% discount and the discounted tickets (which confuses me. Why discount tickets? Have they ever discounted tickets in the past??).
I don't know if they've ever discounted tickets in the past but we went one year where we stayed/paid for 4 days and got 3 free... so definitely not impossible for them to want to discount tickets. Especially if the room prices are a little higher, it would motivate people to go ahead and add the tickets??? Idk.

Someone suggested on the other thread that they may be hiking up the room prices to make it all work out with the tickets. I still find this strange since you don't have to buy tickets to get the discount.

Time will tell, but it is fun (to me at least) speculating for a little while... Although I could do with a shorter while
__________________
POQ-1994/ Day visit - 1996/ Off site - 2001/ Off site - 2004/
CSR - 2005/ ASMo - 2006/ CSR - May 2009
CSR - January 2012/ CBR -May 2013 w/ our baby boy
DCL Magic - February 2014
DCL Dream- February 2015
cajunprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #851
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by jentifred View Post
Ooooh! If I've already booked, but not paid more than the deposit, will I be able to apply the room discount?
Yes you will be able to apply any discount offered onto your trip. Even if you had already paid in full you would be able to apply it and than get a refund in the way it was paid. You will need to call disney directly to add any discounts and you can only add one discount per package.

I have definatly been hearing around the water cooler that discounts will be announced on Jan 3rd. I can't wait to see how much money I will save.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #852
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,606

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday! Just a few more days until we will know whether or not the rumor of the January 3rd discount is true. Like I said before, Danny25 has a great reputation for posting accurate information so I'm pretty sure that we'll see something. We are already booked for May, 2013 but sure would like to take advantage of a discount.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #853
racefans44
Mouseketeer
 
racefans44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 93

How Early Can I Call?

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but if the new discounts do begin on Jan. 3, how early can I call that day?
Thank you!
__________________
Hoosier Disney Fan!
racefans44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #854
Shaden
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,944

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday! Just a few more days until we will know whether or not the rumor of the January 3rd discount is true. Like I said before, Danny25 has a great reputation for posting accurate information so I'm pretty sure that we'll see something. We are already booked for May, 2013 but sure would like to take advantage of a discount.
For the record we have multiple reports of Disney CMs confirming Jan 3 promo date as well as 3rd party travel agents calling people to announce Jan 3 as a promo booking date.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #855
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
For the record we have multiple reports of Disney CMs confirming Jan 3 promo date as well as 3rd party travel agents calling people to announce Jan 3 as a promo booking date.
It's good to hear that there's further confirmation of an upcoming promo. I did talk with someone at Disney Travel who informed me that something new was coming the first week of January. I know that it's highly unlikely, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that I'll save more money that what I figured using Danny's charts.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.