Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #811
maggs1035
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden

Nope, no progress. Well, a few people, myself included have gone ahead and booked, put down deposits, but it seems like a few of them will pull out if no promo is offered.

Still waiting. I am hoping for after the 13th, when the current Holiday season promo expires, others are thinking after December entirely.
You all should consider staying off property, it's much cheaper!
maggs1035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #812
labelo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggs1035 View Post
You all should consider staying off property, it's much cheaper!
We considered it for our honeymoon, but we decided that for my first trip we wanted the magic and convenience of staying on property. We're also not going to be 25, so car rental is much more expensive for us, which cuts into the savings we might be able to get by staying off-property.
For future trips we probably won't stay at Disney, at least until our kids are old enough to appreciate the magic of staying on property.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #813
loganjared
Mouseketeer

It all depend on the discount. Our kids count as adults so QSDP is costing us $1500. Free dining would definitely save us more than staying offsite.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

6/1994 Honeymoon CBR; 6/2004 DS's first trip/10 yr anniversary CBR; 6/2005 ASMo; 2/2007 ASSp; 6/2009 15 yr anniversary ASMo; 6/2010 POFQ; 6/2011 POFQ

loganjared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #814
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by labelo View Post
We considered it for our honeymoon, but we decided that for my first trip we wanted the magic and convenience of staying on property. We're also not going to be 25, so car rental is much more expensive for us, which cuts into the savings we might be able to get by staying off-property.
For future trips we probably won't stay at Disney, at least until our kids are old enough to appreciate the magic of staying on property.

See, last year was our honeymoon and our first trip to disney, we stayed on site, at Coronado, it was amazing.

Problem is, we enjoyed staying on site SO much, the convenience, the combination of resort and still disney, that we will probably continue to pay the premium in order to stay on site.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:30 PM   #815
ddean1968
Earning My Ears

First week of may for us as well. Hoping for some specials so that we can stay on site
Old 12-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #816
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
See, last year was our honeymoon and our first trip to disney, we stayed on site, at Coronado, it was amazing.

Problem is, we enjoyed staying on site SO much, the convenience, the combination of resort and still disney, that we will probably continue to pay the premium in order to stay on site.
Yeah, I've stayed on site a few times now, and I just can't imagine going any other way. We have stayed off site, but now that I've stayed on, I'll wait a longer amount of time to go if I have to just to be able to stay on site. The convenience, to me, makes it worth it. I just may have to a better job saving or not go as often!
DCL Magic - February 2014
DCL Dream- February 2015
cajunprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #817
emmakatbaby
Proudmomof3

Subbing!!

Watchong for free dining for the end of May !!

A family who LOVES everything Disney
DH Me DS 16 DS 12 DD 9
emmakatbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #818
berryinDC
Earning My Ears

I'm trying to decide whether to make meal reservations, even though we haven't booked a trip (and won't, unless a discount comes out). Thinking about may 1-7, but I haven't settled in case we need to be flexible to take advantage of a pin.

2013 AKL, 2010 POR, 1998 BWI, 1996 ASM, 1993 Swan
berryinDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #819
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryinDC View Post
I'm trying to decide whether to make meal reservations, even though we haven't booked a trip (and won't, unless a discount comes out). Thinking about may 1-7, but I haven't settled in case we need to be flexible to take advantage of a pin.
Make your ADRs, we didn, you might be surprised that some places are already booking, especially things like Be Our Guest, which are new ....

No penalty to cancel your ADRs afterall ...
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #820
berryinDC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden

Make your ADRs, we didn, you might be surprised that some places are already booking, especially things like Be Our Guest, which are new ....

No penalty to cancel your ADRs afterall ...
Thanks, that's good advice! Plus, it means I get to have the fun of more trip planning...

2013 AKL, 2010 POR, 1998 BWI, 1996 ASM, 1993 Swan
berryinDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #821
ocalla
DIS Veteran

I made our ADR's also....and have Not made our resort reservations yet.

I won't book deluxe until a discount comes out. My philosophy is: if the resort is booking at rack rate, why would they offer a discount at that time? The more people that book in the HOPES that a discount comes along has Disney believing they don't need to fill those rooms. If they don't need to fill those rooms, why would they discount the room???

So I'll wait for a while longer. If nothing comes along I will have to decide if paying rack rate for Beach Club is worth it, if not I'll try Coronodo or 2 rooms at a value.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #822
aaylasecura
Mouseketeer

May is not really my disney season, but it's the only time my mom and I can go. What are the chances there will be a discount or pin for May, before Memorial Day? Like 9-13? It'll make it super tough for us if there isn't a discount.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:15 AM   #823
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaylasecura View Post
May is not really my disney season, but it's the only time my mom and I can go. What are the chances there will be a discount or pin for May, before Memorial Day? Like 9-13? It'll make it super tough for us if there isn't a discount.
I used a PIN for our May 2011 trip which gave us a room only discount, then a general public discount for May 2012 which again gave us a room only discount.

Fingers crossed they give discounts again.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #824
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla
I made our ADR's also....and have Not made our resort reservations yet.

I won't book deluxe until a discount comes out. My philosophy is: if the resort is booking at rack rate, why would they offer a discount at that time? The more people that book in the HOPES that a discount comes along has Disney believing they don't need to fill those rooms. If they don't need to fill those rooms, why would they discount the room???

So I'll wait for a while longer. If nothing comes along I will have to decide if paying rack rate for Beach Club is worth it, if not I'll try Coronodo or 2 rooms at a value.
Disney has to have another way of doing discounts. Just because some one has put a down payment on a vacation and reserved a room at a resort doesn't mean they will pay it off or even keep that reservation. They have to factor in the ones that could cancel or reschedule too. You can't tell me that the reason Disney extended this holiday discount going on now to dec 24th because they had too many rooms still avaiable. There is another way of picking and chosing discounts.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #825
labelo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post
Disney has to have another way of doing discounts. Just because some one has put a down payment on a vacation and reserved a room at a resort doesn't mean they will pay it off or even keep that reservation. They have to factor in the ones that could cancel or reschedule too. You can't tell me that the reason Disney extended this holiday discount going on now to dec 24th because they had too many rooms still avaiable. There is another way of picking and chosing discounts.
It probably is at least partially determined by room bookings - any business looks at its stock and announces discounts to try and get rid of it. I'm sure they have algorithms based on past data that can predict what percentage of bookings will result in actual vacations. BUT, they likely also look at historical trends, overall revenue for the year, and what competitors are doing with discounts.

It's all about marketing - sometimes discounts aren't so much about selling more volume as they are about seeming competitive and keeping existing customers happy and thinking they got a good value.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: