Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #601
rabell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown

What dates did the free dining pin cover? I'd love to receive one of those pins!
I'm not sure on the details yet. It all came about just before 5:00 this evening. I'll know more Monday. We are booked at AoA suites May 17-22. She did say the LM rooms were still excluded, so part of our group has to move to POP. I hope you do too! Good luck!

She did say something about a new discount coming soon, but wasn't supposed to and did NOT give any details.
rabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #602
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

Just called..no PIN in my name.Oh well, it was worth a try

AJ1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #603
Go Vols
Go Vols

Just called too...no pin. Will not book unless we get a pin or they release a general public discount. 35% off room would make it happen.
Go Vols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #604
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabell View Post
I'm not sure on the details yet. It all came about just before 5:00 this evening. I'll know more Monday. We are booked at AoA suites May 17-22. She did say the LM rooms were still excluded, so part of our group has to move to POP. I hope you do too! Good luck!

She did say something about a new discount coming soon, but wasn't supposed to and did NOT give any details.
Sure hope that the pin was someting that you could choose! It sounds like it may be the same pin that my daughter received.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #605
rabell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown

Sure hope that the pin was someting that you could choose! It sounds like it may be the same pin that my daughter received.
Sadly, it was. My travel agent was mistaken. She called this morning. It was also the same one my mom got. I knew it was too good to be true. Not a very good birthday present. So I guess it's back to waiting. Good luck to you still though.
rabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #606
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabell View Post
Sadly, it was. My travel agent was mistaken. She called this morning. It was also the same one my mom got. I knew it was too good to be true. Not a very good birthday present. So I guess it's back to waiting. Good luck to you still though.
Well phooey! Let's all keep our fingers crossed that we get a special offer that we can all take advantage of.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #607
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Geez how I hope something comes out soon, it's making me a nervous wreck. My fingers are certainly crossed!!!

Carla
Old 10-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #608
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
Geez how I hope something comes out soon, it's making me a nervous wreck. My fingers are certainly crossed!!!

Carla
At this point, I'm thinking that we won't hear anything until mid to late November.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #609
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

Just curious, do people actually cancel their vacation if they can't get a discount? I can understand someone saying "Oh we if we can go cheaper, we'll book", but do people cancel existing reservations? I ask because when I called Disney to ask about a PIN, the lady didn't ask if I had a reservation (which I do), but said I could book a room with a fully refundable deposit and apply future discounts too it. She was friendly, but it sounded as if she has given the speech many times I told her the discount would be a nice bonus, but it certainly wasn't a requirement! haha

I personally can't imagine doing that because #1 I'd be VERY disappointed if I had to cancel a trip to WDW, and #2 it requires more preparation on my part (ie plane tickets), so it's not just a matter of booking a hotel and packing up the car if a discount appears at a later date.

Again, not judging anyone's decision to cancel a trip, just curious if people plan a vacation that's more than they want to pay, and bank on a discount?

Old 10-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #610
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1983 View Post
Just curious, do people actually cancel their vacation if they can't get a discount? I can understand someone saying "Oh we if we can go cheaper, we'll book", but do people cancel existing reservations? I ask because when I called Disney to ask about a PIN, the lady didn't ask if I had a reservation (which I do), but said I could book a room with a fully refundable deposit and apply future discounts too it. She was friendly, but it sounded as if she has given the speech many times I told her the discount would be a nice bonus, but it certainly wasn't a requirement! haha

I personally can't imagine doing that because #1 I'd be VERY disappointed if I had to cancel a trip to WDW, and #2 it requires more preparation on my part (ie plane tickets), so it's not just a matter of booking a hotel and packing up the car if a discount appears at a later date.

Again, not judging anyone's decision to cancel a trip, just curious if people plan a vacation that's more than they want to pay, and bank on a discount?
No we do not cancel if there's no discount. We know that we are going on our annual Summer vacation to Walt Disney World and I save all year long for the trip. I book as soon as the rates come out for the next year and start making payments then. I only book what I know I can afford and then hope that there's some sort of special offer that we can take advantage of.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #611
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
No we do not cancel if there's no discount. We know that we are going on our annual Summer vacation to Walt Disney World and I save all year long for the trip. I book as soon as the rates come out for the next year and start making payments then. I only book what I know I can afford and then hope that there's some sort of special offer that we can take advantage of.
Sigh, I hope someday to have an annual trip to the World..this will be DBF's first time, hoping I can make him a Disney lover haha

Old 10-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #612
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Same thing here. I just hope to save some money!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #613
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My guess is that Disney can kind of hook some people by saying "Well you can always change your mind later," knowing that most people are not going to cancel their reservation regardless of a discount. And I'm sure that there are a few that will cancel or modify because the discount never arrives.

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #614
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sigh, I hope someday to have an annual trip to the World..this will be DBF's first time, hoping I can make him a Disney lover haha
When we were planning our first trip to WDW, we never ever thought that we'd fall in love with it the way we did. We thought that it'd be a one time trip. Boy were we ever wrong! Our May, 2013 trip will be our 18th to WDW (annual trips plus two extra thrown in). I hope that your DBF ends up falling in love just like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
Same thing here. I just hope to save some money!!!
Me too! We haven't paid rack rate in several years. I'm wondering what we'll see in discounts (if anything) due to the new Fantasyland and Test Track.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #615
ocalla
DIS Veteran

We have only had to cancel one Disney trip--------about 5 years ago two weeks before we were to leave! Thank goodness it was a Room Only reservation, so all I lost was the deposit. It wasn't because of no discount it was because of no Job

But I wouldn't cancel or not go because of no discount.......I would just prefer to not pay rack rate!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: