Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #571
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jack View Post
At least you guys are getting emails from Disney Destinations!
I have never once received an email, even a general one, from them.

I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for a GP promotion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
I don't think I have either...
For a long long time, I didn't receive on email from Disney. I changed my email address and then changed my profile on the Disney site and I started getting them again. Not as frequently as I did before but at least I'm getting one every now and then.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #572
jenifferf00
Mouseketeer

Well my Sister in Law got a pin, we are going the same week, but different hotels. However, they let us both use the pin since we are technically going together. We were able to get 25% off POFQ. We're still hoping for something better, but at least it's something. I was also able to get our flights for about $300 less than I spent in September!

Now to start thinking about ADRs!

jenifferf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #573
OLIVIA'S DADDY
Mouseketeer

We are in, we just booked for 5/18 - 5/27...also hoping for a code! Anyone stayed at art of animation yet? We usually stay at the contemporary but since its going to be my daughters 6th birthday i was planning on surprising her with the little mermaid room at aoa...any feedback would be greatly appreciated...and, am i going to regret downgrading? Besides the location is there anything else that will be that bad?
OLIVIA'S DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #574
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIVIA'S DADDY View Post
We are in, we just booked for 5/18 - 5/27...also hoping for a code! Anyone stayed at art of animation yet? We usually stay at the contemporary but since its going to be my daughters 6th birthday i was planning on surprising her with the little mermaid room at aoa...any feedback would be greatly appreciated...and, am i going to regret downgrading? Besides the location is there anything else that will be that bad?
We were booked at the AoA in a Little Mermaid room but then got nervous because of the size of the room and our length of stay. I was also told by two different castmembers that the Little Mermaid rooms would be exempt from any special offers because they are booking without any discounts.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #575
maggs1035
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
We were booked at the AoA in a Little Mermaid room but then got nervous because of the size of the room and our length of stay. I was also told by two different castmembers that the Little Mermaid rooms would be exempt from any special offers because they are booking without any discounts.
You can stay where you are comfortable as a family and just take some time to go to the new resort and explore and use the pool, etc?
maggs1035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #576
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggs1035 View Post
You can stay where you are comfortable as a family and just take some time to go to the new resort and explore and use the pool, etc?
We are currently booked at Coronado Springs which is a new resort for us as we are Caribbean Beach lovers all the way. I'm hoping to visit a couple of resorts during our upcoming trip but won't be using their pools as it's against Disney policy.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #577
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Nothing will light up the DIS boards more than pool hoppping... About the only thing as close is re-using refillable mugs at another resort or even worse, on another trip to WDW.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #578
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
We are currently booked at Coronado Springs which is a new resort for us as we are Caribbean Beach lovers all the way. I'm hoping to visit a couple of resorts during our upcoming trip but won't be using their pools as it's against Disney policy.
This past visit it rained so much on a MK day, we hopped on the monorail and toured Poly, Contemporary, and Grand Floridian!!! It was really nice to relax in their bars / Lobbies and take in the atmosphere.

We also always have lunch at Sanaa and enjoy the AKL for a bit.
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #579
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
This past visit it rained so much on a MK day, we hopped on the monorail and toured Poly, Contemporary, and Grand Floridian!!! It was really nice to relax in their bars / Lobbies and take in the atmosphere.

We also always have lunch at Sanaa and enjoy the AKL for a bit.
What a great idea! We've visited the Poly, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs. For our 2013 trip, we will be having dinner at the Poly and breakfast at the Wilderness Lodge. I'm also going to book dinner at the AKL and am looking for one other resort restaurant to dine in.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #580
maggs1035
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown

So where does Disney have a policy about pools?
maggs1035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #581
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

We got a pin!! In the mail. Today!

DH was planning to book TOMORROW.

I love it.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #582
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are very few exceptions to "pool hopping". DVC members are allowed to visit and use all Disney resort pools with, I believe, the exception of Stormalong Bay. Guests of the Port Orleans resorts are allowed to use the two main pools on the Port Orleans properties. I am also pretty sure that the All Star guests can use any of the pools on the All Star resort properties. Other than that, I believe that's all that are allowed. I'm sure somebody can come along and correct me if I missed another exception to the "pool hopping" rule.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 10-25-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #583
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
We got a pin!! In the mail. Today!

DH was planning to book TOMORROW.

I love it.
Congratulations!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #584
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just found the link to the thread which explains the use of pools:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2450438

I try not to get into the whole "pool hopping" debate because, often times, it results in threads getting closed.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #585
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown

Congratulations!
Thanks!_
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: