Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #541
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunprincess View Post
You can book a discounted room through Disney with AAA. You have to book a package through AAA. I think that's how it works.

When I asked about the discount for a moderate room for my dates in May, it was 10% off.

I really, really do believe we will end up seeing a public discount. I just think it's going to be a a couple of months. Hopefully, I'm wrong and they come sooner, but I do think they are coming!!
I, too, think that we'll see some sort of special offer even if it's something measly. I haven't paid rack rate for a mid to late May trip in a very long time. I'm betting that Disney is waiting to see how things are booking before they offer something.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #542
kristenm514
Mouseketeer

I was so happy to see a pin code in my email...until I realized it was for my mom, who we took to DL with us in August. What the heck, man? We were the ones who paid for the trip and she gets the perks! Lol. I don't think I am up to taking my mom again...love her, but once was enough!
kristenm514 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #543
fae
Mouseketeer

PIN IN MY E-MAIL TODAY! WOO!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #544
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

looking for deals the last week of May...come on RO discount

~~Amy~~ Lexi Baby
~~Jeff~~ Mickey
WDW/WWoHP June 2010 WDW POP Sept. 2010 DL Oct. 2010 WWoHP July 2011 DLR 24hours Leap Day 2012 WWOHP and WDW Platinum Trip July 2012 DLR annual passholder Sept. 2013-2014, April 2014-2015 WDW and WWoHP May 2013 WDW anniversary March 2014 WWOHP DA July 2014 DLR/WDW Wedding/Disneymoon Oct. 2014

Long Term Goal is to stay at all Disney Hotels...so far I've been to.....
All Star Movies-1, All Star Music-1, Pop-1, Coronado Springs-1, Animal Kingdom Lodge -2, Disneyland Hotel-1, Paradise Pier-3
hpfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #545
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fae View Post
PIN IN MY E-MAIL TODAY! WOO!
Congrats! What dates did the pin cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfan100 View Post
looking for deals the last week of May...come on RO discount
I'm looking for May 22nd to June 1st. Hoping for any sort of discount!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #546
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I, too, think that we'll see some sort of special offer even if it's something measly. I haven't paid rack rate for a mid to late May trip in a very long time. I'm betting that Disney is waiting to see how things are booking before they offer something.
Yeah us either. They've had some great ones the past couple of years. (We've almost always gone in May.) They waited a long time to offer the Jan-early March people something, so I think they will wait a long time for early summer people as well. I think they are wanting to scale back discounts, but one problems with that is that people are so use to discounts at this point it's going to be hard to do it all at once.
DCL Magic - February 2014
DCL Dream- February 2015
cajunprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #547
fae
Mouseketeer

With my PIN code, we were able to save about $200 on the room, although we did have to move from AOA to POP. It's just the two of us, so we're totally fine with that. We will be purchasing the regular dining plan so any bit of savings helps.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #548
fae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Congrats! What dates did the pin cover?
RO for stays most nights 1/2–3/24/13, 4/21–5/22/13 and 8/11–9/28/13.

Free Dining for arrivals most nights 1/2–3/7/13.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #549
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fae View Post
RO for stays most nights 1/2–3/24/13, 4/21–5/22/13 and 8/11–9/28/13.

Free Dining for arrivals most nights 1/2–3/7/13.
I think that's the same pin that my daugther received. I know that we could only get the discount on May 22nd so it wasnt' worth making the modifications. Holding out hope for a better deal.

I'm so happy that you were able to save some money!

Old 10-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #550
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Just called WDTC, no pin for us and I had her check under both me and DH's name :-(
I agree with pp that it appears Disney is scaling back on discounts; and it appears they are becoming more selective about what they do offer as indicated by them waiting until October to release a general public offer for Jan-early March. My issue is that I am not good at playing the waiting game. I like to have my trip booked and budget figured out at least 9 months out, especially for a big trip like WDW. I know this is a big year for WDW with the opening of a new resort hotel and FL expansion; but unfortunately for my family of six the price has to be right and we have to be able to really plan ahead to make trips like this happen. So unless something comes out within the next month or two, we may have to look elsewhere...
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #551
cindermomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think that's the same pin that my daugther received. I know that we could only get the discount on May 22nd so it wasnt' worth making the modifications. Holding out hope for a better deal.

I'm so happy that you were able to save some money!
Sounds like we are waiting for close to the same dates - I need 5/30 to 6/6......hoping we get some pixie dust!!

Port Orleans - French Quarter (2004)
POP (2005)
ASSports (2007)
POP (2010)
ASMovies (2011)

ASMusic (2013)
ASMusic (2014)
cindermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #552
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindermomma View Post
Sounds like we are waiting for close to the same dates - I need 5/30 to 6/6......hoping we get some pixie dust!!
Our dates are May 22nd to June 1st which are pretty close to what they were for our 2012 dates. We were able to take advantage of a 20% off offer this year.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #553
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
Just called WDTC, no pin for us and I had her check under both me and DH's name :-(
I agree with pp that it appears Disney is scaling back on discounts; and it appears they are becoming more selective about what they do offer as indicated by them waiting until October to release a general public offer for Jan-early March. My issue is that I am not good at playing the waiting game. I like to have my trip booked and budget figured out at least 9 months out, especially for a big trip like WDW. I know this is a big year for WDW with the opening of a new resort hotel and FL expansion; but unfortunately for my family of six the price has to be right and we have to be able to really plan ahead to make trips like this happen. So unless something comes out within the next month or two, we may have to look elsewhere...
You and I are in the "no pin" club! We make annual trips (one year we went several times) to WDW and have now been 17 times. I think that Disney knows we are coming back even if there are no discounts so that's the reason I've never gotten a pin. Having said that, it's been quite some time since I've paid rack rate.

Have you given any thought to staying at a Downtown Disney Resort? I signed up for their email newsletters and sometimes they have some good specials.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #554
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You and I are in the "no pin" club! We make annual trips (one year we went several times) to WDW and have now been 17 times. I think that Disney knows we are coming back even if there are no discounts so that's the reason I've never gotten a pin. Having said that, it's been quite some time since I've paid rack rate.

Have you given any thought to staying at a Downtown Disney Resort? I signed up for their email newsletters and sometimes they have some good specials.
We have looked into the Doubletree Suites. I will definitely sign up for the newsletter you mentioned. Thank you for the suggestion . If we do stay offsite I think the best value for us would be a condo or villa rental. I've received some good quotes for both a 2 bedroom deluxe unit at Bonnet Creek and a 3 bedroom condo at Windsor Hills. However, I really enjoy the all inclusive aspect of being on property as well as having housekeeping ; but I am sure our next trip will be magical however it falls into place and where ever we stay
I think it's just tough for me not having something booked at this point. We are approximately seven months away from the week in May we want to go. I know I can go ahead and book our room(s) now and wait for a discount to come along; but I like to know what our budget is going to be and have time to really plan based on that. When I booked our last trip, the general public free dining offer for Aug-Sept 2011 was released in Aug 2010! I know that was out of the ordinary for that particular year; but I don't like the thought of having to wait until 3-4 months out from our trip for a general public discount offer to be released Even though we prefer late May for our next trip, DH and I are still strongly considering late August as our back up month since that was when we went on our last WDW trip.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #555
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

I would like to join in!!! We need May 28-June 6 and I'm getting concerned. I just hate waiting so this is driving me crazy!!!

Carla

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: