Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #391
bertoldo1269
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
From what the second castmember said, the quote could not have been correct because the "new promotion" wasn't even in the system yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the promotion will be good enough for us to bump back up to a moderate resort.
Based on your dates you are going, you would only be available for the discount on the 22nd...correct? So the $64 would be off of one day?
bertoldo1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #392
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertoldo1269 View Post
Based on your dates you are going, you would only be available for the discount on the 22nd...correct? So the $64 would be off of one day?
I am not sure as she said that my dates would be covered under the "new promotion". The room cost for that night would be $188. 20% would be $37.60; 25% would be $47.00; 30% would be $56.40; 35% would be $65.80. In previous years (and from my personal experience), if you book before the last travel date of the offer, then you got that % off for the entire trip. For Example: The promotion covers January 5th (just making that day up) through May 22 (our actual arrival date) and our vacation starts that day but continues on for 9 more days, I'd still get the offer for the remainder of my stay. But, who knows, Disney may change things up.

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #393
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Quote:
I quoted myself as it was easier than going back and editing the post. I decided to call back to get clarification on the quote I was given. This castmember said that there were no "new promotions" other than what is on the site. When I insisted that I was given a quote for my travel dates, she got a little bit rude but then said "let me talk with guest services". She came back after a little while and said that the person should not have given me any quote because it would not have been accurate since the promotion was not yet in the system. She then put me back on hold and said that she would talk with Guest Services to get an exact date for me to call back. I held for quite a long time before she came back. She told me to call back on October 10th as soon as the phones opened for the day. I asked if it would cover my dates and she said yes. I sure hope that she was correct. (the phone call lasted 17 minutes and 13 seconds)
Hi Lisa!! It sure would be great if there was a new promotion coming out for May!!!! Did you get a quote for a moderate or a value resort? I think I will be giving them a call at some point this week to ask about a pin code on my name!!! Thanks for the info!!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #394
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeew80 View Post
Hi Lisa!! It sure would be great if there was a new promotion coming out for May!!!! Did you get a quote for a moderate or a value resort? I think I will be giving them a call at some point this week to ask about a pin code on my name!!! Thanks for the info!!
The first castmember gave me a quote for the CBR but it didn't seem to be much of a discount. I wasn't in a position to do the Disney Math right then so I told him that I'd call back this evening. I specifically asked if it were a pin code attached to my name and he said no. When I asked what 3 digit/letter code to ask for when I called back, he said just ask for the "new promotion".

From what I understood from the second castmember, the quote that the first person gave me would have been incorrect because the new promotion hasn't been entered into the computer yet. He should have never given me a quote or said anything about the new promotion. The second castmember went to Guest Services to ask for a specific release date only because they confirmed that he had, indeed, told me to ask for the "new promotion". I asked at least two or three times if our dates would be covered and she said yes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #395
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Room discounts don't work like Free Dining though. Only the covered days are eligible for the discount not the entire block. If your arrival day is the last day of a room only discount promo that's the only day that will be discounted.

I don't have high hopes to have a discount on our dates. I might have to bust out my husband's interline discount which is nice but with 5 people FD saves us more.

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #396
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Joining this one....hoping to go to Disney either in Late April-Early May or late May over Memorial Day. REALLY need a good deal as budget is very tight...fingers crossed!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #397
cindermomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The first castmember gave me a quote for the CBR but it didn't seem to be much of a discount. I wasn't in a position to do the Disney Math right then so I told him that I'd call back this evening. I specifically asked if it were a pin code attached to my name and he said no. When I asked what 3 digit/letter code to ask for when I called back, he said just ask for the "new promotion".

From what I understood from the second castmember, the quote that the first person gave me would have been incorrect because the new promotion hasn't been entered into the computer yet. He should have never given me a quote or said anything about the new promotion. The second castmember went to Guest Services to ask for a specific release date only because they confirmed that he had, indeed, told me to ask for the "new promotion". I asked at least two or three times if our dates would be covered and she said yes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

Oh I am excited now!!!!! Hoping that we get some May discounts soon!!! Thank you for sharing!! DH just asked me yesterday why I haven't booked yet - I told him I was waiting to see if we get a pin or a good deal - hoping that we get it soon!!

Port Orleans - French Quarter (2004)
POP (2005)
ASSports (2007)
POP (2010)
ASMovies (2011)

ASMusic (2013)
cindermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #398
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Joining this one....hoping to go to Disney either in Late April-Early May or late May over Memorial Day. REALLY need a good deal as budget is very tight...fingers crossed!
You know why I would love for your dates to late May over Memorial Day....we'd finally get to meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindermomma View Post
Oh I am excited now!!!!! Hoping that we get some May discounts soon!!! Thank you for sharing!! DH just asked me yesterday why I haven't booked yet - I told him I was waiting to see if we get a pin or a good deal - hoping that we get it soon!!
I sure hope that they weren't wrong when they said I could take advantage of the offer. But both of them said that my dates would be covered.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #399
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

DF and I already booked May 6-10 for our honeymoon. If a discount comes out can we change our reservation to use the discount?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #400
yaddakal
Mouseketeer

Me!

Disney All Star Movies May 2009
Disney Port Orleans Riverside 2010
Getting incredibly excited for Disney Coronado Springs in May 2013, with one day at Sea World and a 3 night Disney Cruise!!!!!!!!
yaddakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:51 AM   #401
DisAlicia22
Dear Disney, I miss you!

Hoping for a sweet discount for May 11-20!
1/07 offsite, 1/09 Polynesian, 8/2010 Beach Club Honeymoon!
Me (26) DF(29)

DisAlicia22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #402
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Our dates are flexible, but I'm thinking the crowd levels will be significantly lower earlier in the month, so I'd love something from early to mid-May! Come on Disney Destinations email!!
dreamcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #403
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Just a note: I have a couple of friends who are travel agents and they posted the following on Facebook:

Just a heads-up!
The entire booking system for Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Aulani will be down starting at 5 PM on October 8 and through the afternoon of October 9. You will not be able to do dining, reservations, modifications, online check-in, etc.

Considering past computer updates, this will likely go well into October 9th and we might have issues for a few days after too.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #404
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just a note: I have a couple of friends who are travel agents and they posted the following on Facebook:

Just a heads-up!
The entire booking system for Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Aulani will be down starting at 5 PM on October 8 and through the afternoon of October 9. You will not be able to do dining, reservations, modifications, online check-in, etc.

Considering past computer updates, this will likely go well into October 9th and we might have issues for a few days after too.
Hmm... I wonder if this could be a discount when it comes back up??? Thanks for sharing. I'm getting antsy to book since I need to book before we can do our ADRs but I at least have another month before I have to bite the bullet!
CSR - January 2012 for 1st Anniversary
CBR -May 2013 w/ our baby boy
DCL - February 2014
cajunprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #405
jamnich314
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclwonderprincess View Post
DF and I already booked May 6-10 for our honeymoon. If a discount comes out can we change our reservation to use the discount?
Yes. You can change any reservation. Although, historically, the discount for that time has been room-only rate discounts so if you booked a package (which I'm assuming you did) you will have to change that to room and tickets separately. So if you were banking on that Mickey ID tag they send you as part of their vacation package you may have to buy one off Ebay.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: