Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #331
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
I thought I'd read it was 10% too

Mousesavers says 5-20% depending on the season. You can have Disney apply the discount to your reservation directly. I'd go ahead and do it and you can always change discounts later since with AAA it works like regular discounts where there has to be availability

p.s. how's your weather?
I think we are going to go ahead and call and at least apply the AAA discount and, if a getter discount comes along, we can modify the reservation.

The weather didn't get too bad up here in North Louisiana. We did have lots of rain and wind , some power outtages and a few trees down here and there but it certainly wasn't as bad as they had predicted. Thank you for asking!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #332
Mama Mouse
DIS Veteran

Hopping in on this one. We are starting to plan for a trip May 2013. (Last two weeks.) These dates will hinge on a few things with our jobs and school schedules but we're pretty certain this is when our trip will happen.

My most recent trip was in 2010 and I didn't really plan it since it was sort of a last minute (happy) accident and my son and I went with family.

Well, there was a huge amount of planning but not discount planning.

Going to go read the sticky threads and see if I can teach myself a trick or two.

Last edited by Mama Mouse; 09-03-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Mama Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #333
excitedtwinmama
Earning My Ears

We are booked for May 13-20 AoA...cant wait!! We are taking our twins for their 4th birthday, first trip! Would love a discount to come along!
excitedtwinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #334
excitedtwinmama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
We will be arriving Saturday May 11. Since we will be flying from SLC, we may take a red eye on Friday night and get there early. It is a LONG flight.

So stoked!! I am kinda hoping for maybe a dismeet if anyone is up to it!
We are coming in on May 12
excitedtwinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #335
fae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm been thinking (I hate to do that too much because it gives me a headache. ) of ways to save money just in case a special offer doesn't come out for our travel dates (May 22nd to June 1st). If you have AAA, do you have to book your package through AAA in order to get the discount or can you call Disney directly and have them apply the AAA discount to your reservation? Also, does anyone know what the AAA discount is? I thought I read somewhere that it's 10% which I would definitely take if nothing else was offered.
I received 10% off of my AOA room-only reservation. I booked through Disney.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #336
Grandmaof2
Mouseketeer

I'm in! Going to make reservations this week for May 4th - May 11th.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #337
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Still watching out for discounts. My dd said if discounts aren't released for May that she would be fine going to Disneyland or New Orleans for her graduation LOL

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #338
bentopher
Mouseketeer

I just took my boys for their first trip this May (2012), hoping to go again this coming May 2013!!

I've been reading about public codes and then "private" ones? Are those only available to the person they are emailed to? What are you a member of to get special codes or offers email to you? Generally speaking how soon before May would any type of discount be available?

Thanks!
Amy
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #339
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
I just took my boys for their first trip this May (2012), hoping to go again this coming May 2013!!

I've been reading about public codes and then "private" ones? Are those only available to the person they are emailed to? What are you a member of to get special codes or offers email to you? Generally speaking how soon before May would any type of discount be available?

Thanks!
Amy
The private codes or PIN codes are only available to the ones that got the code. Either through email or regular mail.....but yes they are one time use and for the person they were addressed to.

No one really knows how you get more of those. Some people register and 'save' trips on the Disney site and others order the free DVD planning guide from the WDW site. There really is no method to who they send the PINs to, but those are some things you can try

As far as how soon May discounts are available.....it varies from year to year. Sometimes there are bouncebacks a year in advance, and other times it's just months before the booking dates. You can try checking Mousesavers for historical data for May, some discounts are released pretty much every year and it helps to know when to watch

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #340
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Location: On the westside of the cornfield and to the east of the soybeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by excitedtwinmama View Post
We are coming in on May 12
We will be there 12th-18th and would love a Dismeet too!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2970848
MrsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #341
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

First trip for our boys 6 & 10,planning May 24-June 2.Want to stay onsite.Dh and I where in disney 15 years ago for a mini honeymoon and we did not stay onsite.What is the weather like in May?
irishsharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #342
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
The private codes or PIN codes are only available to the ones that got the code. Either through email or regular mail.....but yes they are one time use and for the person they were addressed to.

No one really knows how you get more of those. Some people register and 'save' trips on the Disney site and others order the free DVD planning guide from the WDW site. There really is no method to who they send the PINs to, but those are some things you can try

As far as how soon May discounts are available.....it varies from year to year. Sometimes there are bouncebacks a year in advance, and other times it's just months before the booking dates. You can try checking Mousesavers for historical data for May, some discounts are released pretty much every year and it helps to know when to watch
Thanks for this info!
Last time I went, I only booked 4 weeks before we left. I don't need to book in advance, so I'll just keep waiting and watching for a discount of some kind. I REALLY want to stay the CBR this time instead of a value resort, but I can only do that if either I get a discount on the room, or free dining. Otherwise it's too expensive for me!

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #343
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsharon View Post
First trip for our boys 6 & 10,planning May 24-June 2.Want to stay onsite.Dh and I where in disney 15 years ago for a mini honeymoon and we did not stay onsite.What is the weather like in May?

I went May 13-18 (2012).. it was warm/hot.. 80-90's and it rained a bit every day around dinner time. One day it rained/poured/drizzled ALL day.

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
Old 09-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #344
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

The current offers must be booked by September 29th. I wonder what, if anything, will be the next offer? I'd love for it to include May dates but I'm not too hopeful.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #345
myramsy
Mouseketeer

I know it may not happen but I would love free dining for either April or May. Really wanting to go in the spring 2013...dreaming and praying.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: