Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
lmountford
Mouseketeer

Sea World Annual Pass Discounts

I've bought one seaworld annual pass for Discovery Cove discounts etc. Does anyone know if it starts running out from date of purchase or from date of activation in the park?
Also I now need to buy 2 ordinary seaworld entries. I understand that it is cheaper to buy them online but is the online discount better than buying at the gate with an annual pass discount?
Is there any way to buy the ordinary enties online and receive the annual pass holders discount on them, bearing in mind that the pass is not yet activated?
Sorry the questions are complicated and maybe not very clear. I can't think how else to word it Thanks in advance
lmountford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
soxfan11901
Mouseketeer

I can answer part of your question.
I emailed Seaworld to ask about buying tickets online with the AP discount and the response I received said the AP discount was off the regular priced tickets.
The AP discount is $8.00, the online special right now is $10.00 off w/second day free. So it's cheaper to buy it online without using the AP discount.

Here is their response:

Thank you for contacting our SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment family of parks. We appreciate your questions as they are invaluable in helping us provide you with world class service.

We are excited that you are planning on visiting our beautiful park. As a SeaWorld Orlando pass member you will receive $8.00 off a single day admission guest ticket. The discount applies to the general admission price of $81.99. The discount cannot be used with any other discounts. Please visit our website at http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld...do/Passmembers to purchase your discounted tickets in advance. You can also purchase these discounted tickets at any one of our ticket windows, please be sure to bring your pass.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. We look forward to your visit.

Sincerely,

Lisa

SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica

Guest Correspondence Team

guestcorrespondence@seaworld.com
soxfan11901 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
tiff211
DIS Cast Member
Was busted by leaving chocolate tracks in the Cool Whip!
"what did we learn on the board today?"

Clock starts ticking date of purchase! When I found this out, I actually returned mine that I bought in January for our April spring break trip. That was 4 months of wasted time.
tiff211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
mdurette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff211 View Post
Clock starts ticking date of purchase! When I found this out, I actually returned mine that I bought in January for our April spring break trip. That was 4 months of wasted time.
BUT...if you take your AP to customer service they will adjust the clock to the first day of activiation. I have personally done this after realizing the error I made by purchasing them early. They had no issue doing this at all.
mdurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
lmountford
Mouseketeer

Many thanks everyone. It seems a little unfair to start it running before it is used for the first time. I'd have thought it was in Sea World's best interest to get the customers money early. I'll probably try to get them to reset the start date at guest services.
lmountford is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: