Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #76
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

So the next morning I got up nice in early since I had an early reservation at 8:50 am. Once again I was so glad that I didn't have someone else to get ready in the morning. I allowed me to get up at the lost possible second, get ready, and be out the door to be on the bus at about 7:45 and was on my to. . .
The Magic Kingdom.

I got to the park at about 8:15 and headed straight to the turnstyle that was letting people in for there breakfast reservations. I knew I had a lot of time before my breakfast, so I leisurly walked down Mainstreet and for the first time out of the five times I have been at MK, I felt I could just relax and take in the sights of Main Street. I was so engrossed in the moment that I didn't even think about taking picutes until I had reaced the castle. A little sad to see to buildings with tarps on them, but I was willing to over look it because I was here.

Doesn't the castle look beautiful.

I got pictures taken by two photopass people (got to get my money's worth) and than decided to make the short walk to where I was going to eat. I know you are just about bursting out of your skin waiting to find out where I ate breakfast so I guess I will end your agony. I had breakfast at. . .

The Crystal Palace

I know some of you are thinking, "Come on Corrine, not many choices for breakfast ADR at MK." While others might be thinking, "Really, a character meal by yourself and without kids??"

That right, I Corrine Nash had breakfast with the characters all by myself and had a great time.

I checked in, was handed a pager, and was soon sitting on a bench people watching as I waited for my name to be called. It was funny because I noticed at least two families who DD's had cloths on that had a Fou Fou applique.

I was called into my reservation a couple minutes early, where the seated me on the right side of the building toward the middle. I had barely sat down when look how came around, Piglet. I was lucky that the CM who sat me down was right there and took my picture for me.

I remembered that I got coffee this morning which is something I never do, but I knew it was going to be a long day and I would need the caffine. I forgot to snap a picture of my first plate of food (I blame it on hunger) but I did remember to take one of the second.

As you can see that I got pancakes, potatoes, sausage, and puffed french toast. I think the first plate had some bacon and eggs on it. I thought everything was pretty tastly except for the bacon which seem very greasy and had no crisp to it. (I'm sorry but it isn't bacon to me unless it is crispy.) I tried the puffed french toast because D recommended it and it didn't disappoint. It was so yummy that I had a piece on both of my plates. Yummm.

As I was eating I started talking to the nice family next to me nd we came to the deal that I would take pictures for them and they would take pictures of me. Much nicer than trying to find a CM every time a character came to my table. Next to come to the table was my man Tigger.

At this point I am just about done eating and figure I would get a picture with the next character and head into the park. So the next Character is another one of my favorites Eeyore.

I was just getting ready to leave when I noticed Pooh not to far away, so I thought what the heck. I can stay for the bear. Funny things is that before Pooh came to my table, Piglet was there again. I politly thanked him for visiting me again, but I didn't want to keep him away from his fans. He blew me a kiss and went on his way.

Now before I show you the pics of Pooh, let me tell you that while I love visiting the characters (just a kid at heart) I kept our meetings brief so that they could spend more time with the kids. But when Pooh came to my table he was giving me so much attention that I couldn't help but give him a kiss on the nose.

So seeing all of the characters, I payed my bill, and was on my way. I love CP, but I must admite I wasn't happy with the service this time. She was nice enough, but at one time she asked me if I wanted more apple juice and took over ten minutes to bring it to me. I would have understood if it was supper busy, but it wasn't. Plus I could see into the area where the servers were coming out of and saw her just standing there a couple of times.

Last edited by Corrine 1973; 04-27-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #77
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a nice breakfast even if the service wasn't the best.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #78
Corrine 1973

I know it's been awhile but lets try to keep this baby moving.

So after I was done stuffing my face at Crystal Palace I deciced to travel through my favorite castle on the way to Fantasy land. But who could really resist getting a picture of Cinderella Castle.

And I could help myself and took a couple of pics of what is going on beyond those walls in Fantasyland. I have to admite that I can't wait until next year when I go with my DD and the FLE will be almost done.

Oooh, I am so excited.

So once in FL I headed to my favorite shows. Mickey's Philharmagic. I love this show and I can't wait until next year when I can see it again. Everytime I see it I seem to find something new.

Next I decided to try Snow White's Scary Adventure. Now I must admite I really never had the urge to go on this ride, but since will be my last chance to go on it I decided I better go on it now and not regret it. The ride was alright, but I admite I will not be to heartbroken when it is gone.

I next went on Peter Pan's Flight. This is such a simple ride but it really brings me back to my childhood when I first saw Peter Pan. I love looking for some of the special things such as the mermaid that looks like Ariel.

Sorry for the lack of Picture for these last few rides. I honestly thought I took pics of the entrances, but obviously I did not. I did do better for the next ride which is one of my all time favorites at MK. The Haunted Mansion.

A CM saw me taking some pictures of the mansion and asked me if I wanted her to take a picture of me in one. YES!!!!

Than one last picture of that Haunted House before entering. Who know maybe this is the time I become the 100th ghost for good so it might be my last chance. BwaaHaaa!!

The ride was awsome as usuall. I can never get enough of this ride, and was happy that I found the grim reaper with the hidden mickey. One last pic before I go of the the pet cemetary. Bye Mr. Toad. I have never meet you but have heard so much about you.

Next I went on Splash Montain. I love how they tease you during this ride with several little hills before the last giant drop. I was in the front seat and the man behind me wanted me to sit in front of him so I would get all the splash, but I decided to sit infornt of his wife. Us girls have to stick together.

Almost time to go over the edge, but look who has come to wish me a found fair well. The mouse himself.

Here is a the pic of me going down the hill. Not the best pic because I wan't about to shell out the money for a pic of just me. I wish more ride pictures were like the one for TT and you could add it to your PP card.

One last look at SM before we go. Look out guys, you are about to get wet.

Last edited by Corrine 1973; 05-21-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #79
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Great update!!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 05-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #80
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

MMMM those pictures of the breakfast at CP are making me drool! We have never been breakfast people, but we were actually discussing the possibility of doing a late breakfast on our next trip. My parents are going with us next time, and we have aunts/uncles and cousins that live in Orlando. I was telling DH that we should probably plan a cookout or something for dinner with all of them one night while we are there. That will give us an extra TS credit that we could use for a breakfast...CP may just have to be our choice.

Philharmagic will always be on our must do list...you haven't had a Disney trip until you have seen Philharmagic and gone on IASW!

Everyone in Dis-land has had to go on Snow White "just one last time." We did, too. And guess what- we won't be crying the blues when it is gone either. I AM, however, still crying the blues over the loss of 20,000 Leagues... I am glad that they are creating another ride with the Snow White theme, though. It was the first full length Disney animated movie, it deserves that honor!

I HM! It is my second favorite MK ride...after POC. It breaks my heart that Charity doesn't really like it that much, because she is the kid most like me, and I want her to love it as much as I do.

Good update, Corri!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #81
Corrine 1973

Man it's been a long time since I posted in here. I am soooo bad at TR's. I start out so excited to share my stories, but as time goes on it gets more depressing because my next trip is still so far away so I don't come on. The longer I don't update the more readers I loose and the more depressed I become because nobody is reading. Oh well, I guess I should continue for myself and any stragglers that still may be around.

So we were at MK and I had just been on one of my favorites, Splash Montain.

So I have a little story before I continue. I know, I know. With all the delay can't you just contiue with the TR. I will in a second, I promise. Yestereday I took the kids to Six Flags. After playing at the waterpark for an hour we decided to go on some rides. Liam really wanted to go on Yankee Clipper (one of there log flume rides) but Mia was to scared to go on. I sat her down and told her that if she was to scared to go on the ride I was a little worried that she wouldn't try some of the bigger rides at WDW. I really wanted her to try it so she would be ready for Splash Montain (in which she rode 2 times in 2009) next year. She still refused but ended up getting on when I got on with her brother.

She Loooved it. So much so that they decided to head directly to the other log flume ride loggers run. Yea. I can't do WDW with out going on Splash Montain.

So I had just got off of SM, so where to head to next?

Well of course another one of my favorite rides. . . Pirates of the Caribean.
Or at least that was the plan until I got there and relized that it was closed.
Noooooo, is it closed for good or just temperarily? I guess you will just have to keep reading to find out. (Got to keep the readers I have left around somehow.)

So what to do next, well Jungle Cruise is just around the cornor so lets try that.

I just love the corny jokes on this ride, I don't think I can ever get sick of them. (But than lets be honest, I have only gone on the ride three times. LOL)

I think they got the point in the end.

That's Ginger, she snaps!

Bathing under the full moon.

Yes corny, but oh so good. LOL.

Enjoying the lovely boat ride I headed back to PotC to see what was going on. Still no go. Oh well, hopefully later. But what to my wandering eyes should appear, Tortuga Tavern and the emptiness of my stomach was clear. (yea, yea bad Corrine, but I am trying. Give me a break. Lol)

I was hoping for a couple of tacos, but they were no longer on the menu so I ordered a borrito instead. It was good, but oh so big.

I honestly don't remember what I ordered for dessert, but it looks good. I found a table by the fire place that also happened to be by the fixings bar. I know I saw more than one person loading a empty plate with fixings, I can only hope that they were not making a poor man's salad.

I had a lovely view of people playing the new card game infront of the fireplace. I might have to try this next year. Soon I was full and there was still food left on my plate. Oh well, no use stuffing myself silly.

I decided that this was a great time to see the castle stage show that I have yet to see in person. But not without checking PotC once again. Still closed. I was really getting worried that it was going to not open at all today.

I found a place to stand for the show (without standing in front of everyone that was already there) and sipped my soda as I waited. I took the time to snap a photo of the castle and send it to a friend back in Illinois. She is a fellow Disney lover so she understands how we get.

The show was cute, but unless Mia really wants to see it I will be skiping it this next trip. I am going have to stop here for now though since I am almost at my limit.

So what's next? Will PotC ever be open? What's on the menu for dinner? Did somebody say rain? Come back and find out of the thrilling conclusion of my MK day.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #82
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

What?!? POTC closed?!?!!! Oh my goodness, I hope you didn't have to miss it this trip like I had to miss my beloved Jungle Cruise.

Good for Mia in overcoming her fears with the log flume rides! Charity is the same way. I am alway so proud of her when she just dives in and tackles her fears head on. Way to go Mia!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #83
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Loved the update Corri!

Such a bummer about POTC - I really hope you got to ride it.

Yay for Mia trying to flume ride - Splash is like no other flume ride out there... It is clearly my favorite.

And we didn't stop for the Castle show this time either... We didn't see any parades (except for the one we were in)... Next time we need to do that.

D~
Old 08-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #84
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Jumping in late- will catch up soon!
I just lost a friend to CF. So glad you guys got a wish trip!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #85
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Finally!

Loving the TR so far I know it can get discouraging not having many readers, well, not hearing from many readers I should say, but you have to do these PTR's and TR's for yourself, and if other people jump on board and come along for the ride, that's just fantastic! Well, that's how I look at it anyway. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad disappointed when I look at my PTR sometimes and haven't had any new responses, but it is what it is.

Looking forward to more updates
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
Old 08-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #86
Corrine 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
What?!? POTC closed?!?!!! Oh my goodness, I hope you didn't have to miss it this trip like I had to miss my beloved Jungle Cruise.

Good for Mia in overcoming her fears with the log flume rides! Charity is the same way. I am alway so proud of her when she just dives in and tackles her fears head on. Way to go Mia!
Hmm, I guess you will just have to keep reading to see. I am very proud of Mia trying something new. Hopefully she continues in WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Loved the update Corri!

Such a bummer about POTC - I really hope you got to ride it.

Yay for Mia trying to flume ride - Splash is like no other flume ride out there... It is clearly my favorite.

And we didn't stop for the Castle show this time either... We didn't see any parades (except for the one we were in)... Next time we need to do that.

D~
Thanks D. Splash is definatly one of my favorie rides and a must do for out next trip. Mia loves parades so we will end up seeing a few, but anything for my little girl (as long as I get to ride Splash Montain and tower of terror).

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Jumping in late- will catch up soon!
I just lost a friend to CF. So glad you guys got a wish trip!
Welcome to my TR. I now this TR is taking forever but I promise I will finish it. I am sorry to hear about your friend. It is definatly a fear of mine that my sons life will be to short, but with al the great research in CF lately I have high hopes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269 View Post
I'm here! Finally!

Loving the TR so far I know it can get discouraging not having many readers, well, not hearing from many readers I should say, but you have to do these PTR's and TR's for yourself, and if other people jump on board and come along for the ride, that's just fantastic! Well, that's how I look at it anyway. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad disappointed when I look at my PTR sometimes and haven't had any new responses, but it is what it is.

Looking forward to more updates
Thanks silverhaze. You are rigt writing PTR's and TR's are for ourself and if someone else joins in than all the better.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #87
Corrine 1973

Hey guys, that's right I am back. Ready for another update in this oh so exciting TR.

So after watching the castle show I head over to FW and for the first time got to ride this.

I loved it, so relaxing to just be able to look at everything and rest my feet for a little bit.

I than headed to Buzz Lightyear.

I did OK. I tried to take a picture of my score but it didn't come out very well, so I wrote it down instead. 64900, not to bad.

So while I was hear I decided to head to another one of my favorites. The Carosel of Progress.

Ah love that show.

So after I was done with that show I was back on my way to PotC. Was it open this time? YES it was. YEAH!!!!

I tried to take some pictures inside of the attraction, but they came out very dark so I will not waste your time sharing them.

So finally enjoying PotC I took the train to front of the park so I can go to my dinner reservation at Boma. Here were a few pics I took while I enjoyed the ride.

This was closed when I went so I couldn't help but take a picture of the work they were doing.

Soon I was on my way to AKL where I was to eat dinner, but I will tell you more about that in my next update.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #88
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hey Corrine! I don't know why I didn't notice you had a trip report going before now. I just read it all and there's simply too much to comment on so I'll just say that I'm enjoying reading.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #89
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Hi I'm new here ,came across your Tr and I'm here to stay .can't wait to read more

Old 08-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #90
MINNIEmeetsTINK
Earning My Ears

Hi!

Im a little late but I just found your TR so I'm joining in!

Can't wait to hear More.

Ive always thought of doing a solo trip but I literally have so many people in my life who are in love with Disney it would never fly. My mom would sneak into my backseat and hide until we got there (even if she did just have her hip replaced)

I see your planning a trip for next May!!! Me too

I hope to take my DBF for his FIRST ever real trip to WDW.

Awaiting the next time I can visit....

"One Disney Day...with No Parks"- July 2012 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954234

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: