Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #46
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Well it seems as if I am boring and have lost all my readers. Oh well, I will keep moving on and finish.

So here are a few pics of the Topiaries that I forgot to include in my last update before we had lunch. They were probably one of my favorites.

Another reason I am glad that we were with Liddy was that she reminded me to take a picture when she pulled out my camera. I hardly took any pics last year, but only forgot twice this year.

I than told every one that I wanted to get a pearl and headed into Japan. I only bought two things this trip, and this was the first. I love pick-a-pearl and couldn't do a trip with out it now. It turns out that I am not the only one who loves this since all of my friends DD's ended up doing it also.

I picked a 7 1/4 pink pearl this trip. Alot of the pearls picked in our group ended up being the same. It must have been fate.
I am here following along...not boring!

That topiary of Snow White? That is excactly where we watched Illuminations the day after you all were there!

Why is no one showing pictures of what you got at Pick a Pearl? Enquiring minds want to know!!! I have pictures of what Charity and I got to show in my TR...

MMMMM-note to self: Have lunch in Japan next year! (insert drooly face emoticon that DIS still hasn't created)!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #47
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Fun report, so far. I hear you on the price of sunglasses at WDW. We could not pack Charity's sunglasses for her because they were in her locker at school. She decided she would spend some of her souvie money on a pair of them at Disney...until we discovered that the exact same sunglasses we had gotten at Walmart for her for $5 were $12 at WDW!!! She was able to talk Jillian into letting her wear hers on the trip because Jillian is not really an "accessories" kind of gal. As it turns out we found an abandoned pair of little girl sunglasses coming off of Soarin' on our second day of vacation. She stuck them into her bag until we got back to the room that night. I sprayed them with Lysol, wiped them down with hand sanitizer and then she was good to go!
Hey oopsi, glad to see you. I was starting to think I scared all my readers away. I know what you mean about the sunglasses. I couldn't believe that they wanted over $20 dollars for a pair of cheap sunglasses. There were a couple under $20, but they were an ugly waste of money. How funny that you found a pair for your DD to wear. I remember when I used to work at the theater at Six Flags that people used to leave there glasses there all the time. One summer at the Ren Faire we all wore them when Mary (the Queen) came out in a new dress. It was funny to see 50 courtiers pull out sunglasses to see the queens new dress.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #48
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I am here Corri - you know I wouldn't leave you... I am just appliqueing, Dis-ing, appliqueing, Dis-ing... alllll day long today.

Loved the update. Glad you liked Japan - I'd possibly go back there again, but there's a few other CS places I'd like to try before I hit Japan... I am kind of regretting not doing Biergarten for lunch that day - I kept going back and forth about it with Liddy, and in the end just decided to do CS. Oh well...

Maybe next time, the girls and I will just have Napoleons for a meal - those were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!

D~
Old 03-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #49
Corrine 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
I am here following along...not boring!

That topiary of Snow White? That is excactly where we watched Illuminations the day after you all were there!

Why is no one showing pictures of what you got at Pick a Pearl? Enquiring minds want to know!!! I have pictures of what Charity and I got to show in my TR...

MMMMM-note to self: Have lunch in Japan next year! (insert drooly face emoticon that DIS still hasn't created)!
We must have been writing at the same time.

That would have been a great spot to see Illuminations. I didn't get to see it this time, but I can't wait until next year when I can take my DD. I know she will love it.

I will try to take a pic of my Pearl just for you. Unfortunatly my camera has a big crack in the screen (thanks to my 4 year old) and I have to figure out how to get a pic from my phone on to photobucket. I know it can be done, I just have to figure it out and my brain hurts right now.

Lunch was delicious and I would definatly recommend it to you. Both Japan and Mexico are on my list of QS places to maybe go next year.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #50
Corrine 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I am here Corri - you know I wouldn't leave you... I am just appliqueing, Dis-ing, appliqueing, Dis-ing... alllll day long today.

Loved the update. Glad you liked Japan - I'd possibly go back there again, but there's a few other CS places I'd like to try before I hit Japan... I am kind of regretting not doing Biergarten for lunch that day - I kept going back and forth about it with Liddy, and in the end just decided to do CS. Oh well...

Maybe next time, the girls and I will just have Napoleons for a meal - those were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!

D~
I am glad you are here D, I was a little sad that I was getting no comments on my TR. I am a Leo, so I admite that I like attention. Some times it gets me in trouble.

There are not alot of places I have been able to enjoy at Epcot yet, so I am looking forward to see what you think. I am going to list some resteraunts on my PTR I am thinking of for the trip next year. Hopefully I will get alot of feed back and will get alot of great meals next year.

What are Napoleons and where do I get them?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #51
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Your trip sounds great. Thanks for writing about the FP policy you experienced at Soarin. I haven't been to WDW since 1990 and I can't remember using a FP once when we were there. I have only red about the FP policy on the DIS so it was very informativ to hear how they practice the FP now.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Old 03-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #52
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I am glad you are here D, I was a little sad that I was getting no comments on my TR. I am a Leo, so I admite that I like attention. Some times it gets me in trouble.

There are not alot of places I have been able to enjoy at Epcot yet, so I am looking forward to see what you think. I am going to list some resteraunts on my PTR I am thinking of for the trip next year. Hopefully I will get alot of feed back and will get alot of great meals next year.

What are Napoleons and where do I get them?
Nah - I'm always here... Just not always responding. LOL

I can't wait to hear what some of your restaurant choices are.

OK - here's a photo of a Napoleon (item on the right)
Photo credit to the original poster: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=856

You can buy them in the bakery in France, V also found some at Starring Rolls in DHS... I would have had a Napoleon there, as well - but I really wanted to try the banana split dessert at Starring Rolls. I have to say the Napoleon was slightly better - IMO - but it would be a toss up if I was to do it again. LOL They were both good.

The Napoleon is really hard to describe... It has these crusty layers with layers of heavy cream - almost like the cream in a cream puff... It is so heavenly. Trust me, I'll have a whole paragraph about it on our 2nd Epcot day - when I get that far in my TR. LOL

D~
Old 03-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #53
Corrine 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Your trip sounds great. Thanks for writing about the FP policy you experienced at Soarin. I haven't been to WDW since 1990 and I can't remember using a FP once when we were there. I have only red about the FP policy on the DIS so it was very informativ to hear how they practice the FP now.

Thanks Terkina. There are alot of people out there who are quite upset about the new FP policy. I could understand if they were planning there trip around a flexible FP. But lets face it, its a previlage that we have the FP system and if Disney didn't allow people to go anytime after the return time than we would have upset people now. I did notice that the FP lines did seem longer than in previous years, but it was still shorter than the stand by line. Plus this is the beginning of the new policy. People are a little up tight about it right now. I am sure in a year or so people might not be so uptight about it. Like the other rules that some CM adhear while others let slide from time to time. Plus who knows what is going to happen when this new line system that is being rumored about come around.

Quote:
Nah - I'm always here... Just not always responding. LOL

I can't wait to hear what some of your restaurant choices are.

OK - here's a photo of a Napoleon (item on the right)
Photo credit to the original poster: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=856

You can buy them in the bakery in France, V also found some at Starring Rolls in DHS... I would have had a Napoleon there, as well - but I really wanted to try the banana split dessert at Starring Rolls. I have to say the Napoleon was slightly better - IMO - but it would be a toss up if I was to do it again. LOL They were both good.

The Napoleon is really hard to describe... It has these crusty layers with layers of heavy cream - almost like the cream in a cream puff... It is so heavenly. Trust me, I'll have a whole paragraph about it on our 2nd Epcot day - when I get that far in my TR. LOL

D~
Ah, thank you girl . That napoleon looks yummy. I will have to put it on my food spread sheet for next year. Yea I admite it I have a spread sheet just for food. Can't wait to read about it in your TR.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #54
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

The Napoleon is SO good! That and the creme brulee in France, those are my two favorites

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
Old 03-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #55
Corrine 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
The Napoleon is SO good! That and the creme brulee in France, those are my two favorites
I will have to add both of those to the list. It's a good thing I am planning on taking Aidan in 2015, because I don't think I will have time to get it all done in my next trip. So much food, so little time.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #56
Corrine 1973

So just a little side note, sorry I wasn't here yesterday. I decided to take to boys to the zoo. (I say boys because my DD was at grandmas) Unfortunatly everyone else had the same idea. The normal 1 1/4 hour trip to the zoo took almost 3 hours. An hour and a half of this time was with in 2 miles of the zoo. It was so crowded that people were parked on the grass. I was getting very fustrated but couldn't go back with out being there. Only spent a couple hours there, but I got the membership so we will go back when it is not so busy. Took some pics, but it was hard trying to take pics and hold the baby at the same time. Plus my camera is giving me troubles and taking forever to turn on.

So on with the TR.

So after Soarin' D, the girls, and I went on living with the land.

I think this ride is a nice relaxing one to just get off your feet for a little. I also find the food growing there very interesting.

Warning: The pictures following might be considered by some viewers as borring. Please view them at your own discretion.

Yea I know nothing to thrilling here. I was thinking about taking a picture of me shoes, but I looked over and D was doing it. Well I couldn't steal D's idea, so I guess you are stuck with the otheres. (love you D )

We were headed out of The land Pavillion when D suggested to do Figment. I have never been on this ride (though have seen it on Youtube) so I agreed. It was a cute ride that I will definatly recommend for my DD but not just as me.

We than came across the jumping fountains. They were so much fun. I loved watching the girls here, but must admite that I was missing my kids right now. I even think that I pulled out my phone and started looking at there pics.

So after our grand adventures together we decided to head our seperate ways. Things I can say about being at WDW alone: 1. it's a lot easier to navigate the crowds, 2. You don't have to worry if someone doesn't want to ride something you want to ride, 3. you often times get seated for resturants a bit quicker, 4. No one is complaining (unless you count the voices in your head), 5. It can be very lonely.

Last edited by Corrine 1973; 03-29-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #57
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Your update was nice. I like Living with the Land. The kids, however, hate it.

Sorry that you were lonely. It's one reason why I'm not sure I could ever handle a solo trip.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 03-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #58
DMGeurts

I loved the update Corri!!!

Your picture of the fountains turned out wonderful!

I am so sorry you were lonely after you left us. I am excited to hear about the rest of your day though.

I am not sure I could do a solo trip either.

D~
Old 03-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #59
mblc14
Mouseketeer

Hey hey hey...enough of the boring talk....first week back to school has been super busy and not enough Dis time. I gotta go get my TR updated too.

My DD and I did the Living with the Land ride too as we were waiting for out Fastpass time to get there. I told her she might think it was boring, but she actually liked it. It wasnt too bad at all and I think I have a lot of the same pics too!!!

Keep up the not so boring TR, its great!!

DisDads Member #542
2007 Pop Century Christmas
2012 Bay Lake Tower Spring Break
March 2012 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post44424786
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2872355 March 2012 PTR
Dec. 2014 PTR (in progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3257258
Old 03-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #60
Corrine 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Your update was nice. I like Living with the Land. The kids, however, hate it.

Sorry that you were lonely. It's one reason why I'm not sure I could ever handle a solo trip.
Last year when I went with Liam it wasn't even on my list of things to do. I thought Liam wouldn't enjoy it. But since we were in a stroller, the CM was directing us to where the elevator was. He told us the Soarin' line was already huge, but we could get a FP and go on Living with the Land. We were able to get on Soarin' pretty quickly so I was suprised that he wanted to do Living with the land. He loved it and felt he was learning something. I also enjoy how relaxing it is.

Honestly I didn't find myself lonely all the time. And I found some friends to hang out with from time to time. (I guess Liam isn't the only one who can find friends with in a crowd). But time to time I did find myself going through my pics of the kids, and that last day. . .well that is the day it really set in.

Quote:
I loved the update Corri!!!

Your picture of the fountains turned out wonderful!

I am so sorry you were lonely after you left us. I am excited to hear about the rest of your day though.

I am not sure I could do a solo trip either.

D~
Thanks D. I don't mind being by myself from time to time. But if I ever take a trip with out one of my kids again I will make sure that someone will be able to join me. Even if we are not together every second of the day we can still get together to scare away the lonliness.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: