DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #76
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanbornangel View Post
Do you think 4 adults, a 6 year old and an infant could stay in a 1 bedroom at BCV?
No. You can have five or four plus one under the age of three. You have five plus one under the age of three. You need a two bedroom villa at BCV.

If you have five, they will not provide any bedding or linens for the fifth person. You'd need to bring your own airbed.

But six is too many.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #77
DizBub
Totally Addicted

I agree that 6 is too many. Those living rooms are not that big.

Would like to add that as an adult I wouldn't want to be on that sofa bed, especially with another adult. Not my idea of a vacation.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #78
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

No. You can have five or four plus one under the age of three. You have five plus one under the age of three. You need a two bedroom villa at BCV.

If you have five, they will not provide any bedding or linens for the fifth person. You'd need to bring your own airbed.

But six is too many.
I actually thought it was 5 (with the bedding stipulations mentioned) and an infant.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #79
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
I actually thought it was 5 (with the bedding stipulations mentioned) and an infant.
No, that is only in the villas that officially sleep five. In the ones that officially sleep four, it is four plus and infant or five total. No extra infant.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #80
ErinC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm

If you purchase the towel pack, housekeeping will not replace it automatically. You would need to request another one.
We are a family of 5, I usually always order an extra towel pack. I usually throw them in the washer or dryer on trash and towel day so they don't take my extras. I've had them leave me extras sometimes too(didn't ask, they just did) . For the record, I'm always willing to pay for the extra towel package but they hardly ever charge us for it. I don't know if it's a disconnect between housekeeping and the front desk or what.
ErinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #81
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

Consequences for exceeding occupancy?

So what are the consequences is someone goes over occupancy? I am not advocating or attempting to do it, but what does/has/will Disney do?
Old 09-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #82
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaG View Post
So what are the consequences is someone goes over occupancy? I am not advocating or attempting to do it, but what does/has/will Disney do?
They could ask you to leave. They could make you move up to a larger sized villa/room. They could make you get an additional room and if you don't have points or there are none available for points, you'd have to pay cash - rack rate. They might freeze your account.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #83
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
They could ask you to leave. They could make you move up to a larger sized villa/room. They could make you get an additional room and if you don't have points or there are none available for points, you'd have to pay cash - rack rate. They might freeze your account.
That all sounds likely, and you definitely are more well versed in the rules than me!!! But, is this documented somewhere? I mean is it written in the rules? Has anyone seen it happen/have it happen to them? Again, not looking to break them at all (I like my space!!!) I am just wondering what really happens....

Last edited by BeccaG; 09-15-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: typo and clarification
BeccaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #84
CRobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaG

That all sounds likely, and you definitely are more well versed in the rules than me!!! But, is this documented somewhere? I mean is it written in the rules? Has anyone seen it happen/have it happen to them? Again, not looking to break them at all (I like my space!!!) I am just wondering what really happens....
Disney (and DVC) tend not to document consequences of not following guidelines, breaking rules, etc. This goes for dress codes, smoking in non-designated areas, etc. etc. Generally, they just want you to "not do that". In the case of an occupancy violation, I suspect they might do anything from ignoring it to asking you to upgrade on either points or cash. JMHO.
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #85
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRobin View Post
Disney (and DVC) tend not to document consequences of not following guidelines, breaking rules, etc. This goes for dress codes, smoking in non-designated areas, etc. etc. Generally, they just want you to "not do that". In the case of an occupancy violation, I suspect they might do anything from ignoring it to asking you to upgrade on either points or cash. JMHO.
There have been reports on the DIS of guests who were next door to other guests who were asked to leave because they had too many people in their room.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #86
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I have seen, it.

Group next to us had over the limit for a 2 bedroom. They were caught and the extra family had to leave. There were not interested in paying the rack rate for an additional unit, so they packed up and went off property.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #87
FreeTime
DIS Veteran

I have had it happen to me!!!! We were using our DVC points for one night at Carribbean Beach (had points to burn and since we were driving down and getting in late just needed a quick place to sleep). When I made the reservations on the drive down, just a few hours before we would check in, I told them that I had 3 adults and 2 kids (ages 3 & 4 at the time). They said no problem with 5 in the room. When we got there they tried to make me rent another room. I said no problem, I will go rent 2 rooms offsite, give me my points back. They gave us the room. But it was an uncomfortable feeling all around.
Offsite-03/97, Offsite 05/98, Offsite 09/98, Offsite-09/99, OKW-05/00, BWV-09/00, OKW-02/01, BWV-09/01, VWL-07/01, OKW-05/02, VWL-09/02, FW Cabins-12/02, BCV-02/03, BCV-09/03, ASMo-09/03, OKW-01/04, BWV-06/04, OKW-12/04, Wonder-5/05, BWV-05/05, SSR-10/05, BWV-10/05, CBR-10/05, CSR-07/06, OKW-07/06, Wonder-12/06, Offsite-12/06, SSR-03/07, II Exchange @ Mariott Timberlodge-07/07, Disneyland Hotel- 08/07, SSR-10/07, ASMu-03/08, VWL -06/08, SSR-08/08, Wonder-12/08, ASMu-12/08, ASMo - 12-08, Offsite 03/09, SSR 08/09, Pop 12/09, SSR 12/09, BWV 03/10, SSR 06/10, BWV 06/10, Disneyland Hotel 06/11, Pop 11/11, BWV 11/11, Pop 4/12, BWV 4/12, BWV 06/12, SSR 07/12, VGC 06/13, BLT 06/14, OKW 06/14
FreeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #88
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Just want to confirm they will allow 9 in a two bedroom lock off at BWV??
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #89
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
Just want to confirm they will allow 9 in a two bedroom lock off at BWV??
Yes.

All 2Bs at Boardwalk are lockoffs. They all have one king bed, one queen bed, one queen-size sofabed and one full-size sofabed.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #90
madelyn
DIS Veteran

I believe they will allow as long as you are staying on points. We are a family of 5 and I remember a 1 bedroom unit being an option with us and BWV. They will not provide the bedding or towels for that extra person though. Ended up in a 2 bedroom lock off with 7 total people at BWV though. But if you are paying cash through central reservations, you can only book in those units that truly sleep the extra person. So only Old Key West, Bay Lake and AK. When I was trying to combine points reservations with cash through the Disney website I was finding they will not allow the extra person on the website and will say you have exceeded occupancy.
madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: