DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #136
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdome8 View Post
Thanks for input guys. I agree no 5 th person. It's true probably would be tight and annoying. I'll just tell her strict rules. What's funny is my kids asked her not me. Lol. Oh well
If you don't mind spending more money, ask the owner who rented to you to see if a 1BR is available. Other than the Value rooms, 1BRs at AKV officially accommodate five guests. There is a sleeper chair in addition to the sleeper sofa in the living area and the sleeper sofa is a queen size rather than a fullsize. If you get a 1BR in Kidani Village you will also get an additional bathroom.

ETA: This assumes the owner has additional points available for rent which may not be the case.

Another option is to rent an additional studio for the nights she needs.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #137
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
Well won't those people from the room be in the corridor if there is ever an emergency?

And again, I'm saying that DVC member services is allowing more people in a 1 bdrm than CRO would just because you are a member. Doesn't make sense now does it.

There should be one set of rules for both parts of Disney. Whether it's MS or CRO.
A one bedroom is roughly double the size of a studio. Fore example, a studio at the BLT is 356 sq ft. A one bedroom is 727 sq ft.

A studio sleeps 4. A one bedroom sleeps five. To put it simply, in case of a fire, I'd much prefer to be on a floor full of one bedrooms that were sleeping 5 than a floor of studios that all slept 4 because the total number of one bedrooms (each sleeping 5) is going to be half that of those studios sleeping 4.

Here's the match:

Floor A - 12 Studios. If all were full, that would be 48 people trying to get off that floor.

Floor B - 6 One bedrooms. If all had 5 people, then that would be 30 people trying to off that floor.

Sooo, no. The occupancy limit of 4 doesn't make sense from a fire code perspective.
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #138
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlingcoyote View Post
A one bedroom is roughly double the size of a studio. Fore example, a studio at the BLT is 356 sq ft. A one bedroom is 727 sq ft.

A studio sleeps 4. A one bedroom sleeps five. To put it simply, in case of a fire, I'd much prefer to be on a floor full of one bedrooms that were sleeping 5 than a floor of studios that all slept 4 because the total number of one bedrooms (each sleeping 5) is going to be half that of those studios sleeping 4.

Here's the match:

Floor A - 12 Studios. If all were full, that would be 48 people trying to get off that floor.

Floor B - 6 One bedrooms. If all had 5 people, then that would be 30 people trying to off that floor.

Sooo, no. The occupancy limit of 4 doesn't make sense from a fire code perspective.
Your logic is off. They don't put all studios or all one bedrooms on a floor. There is a mix and some are lockoffs.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #139
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdome8 View Post
How strict are hotels on people in room?
I have a studio booked for 4 people. If my mother came by to stay a few nights would that be a problem? Can't see how they would even know.
Anyone do this?
In case you do decide to allow her to go, I'd get at least a 1 BR if you can since Disney is fairly strict for the studios at 4 plus one under 3. Truthfully, I'd get a 2 BR if you could and all 5 were going. As for how they'd know, they likely wouldn't but would rely on people's honestly.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #140
Kingdome8
Mouseketeer

I'm sticking with studio but just us.
I am thinking about buying dvc next year thru resale
She can come then. Was thinking I'd buy this year but will go down and check it out.
Kingdome8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #141
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

Your logic is off. They don't put all studios or all one bedrooms on a floor. There is a mix and some are lockoffs.
I was trying to give the simplest description I could. The square footage of a floor does not change no matter what the mix of studios to one bedrooms, studios and lockouts exist. No matter how you do the configuration. One bedrooms with 5 are going to decrease the population of people on a floor vs studios.

Think of it this way, in the simplest terms, in the same space you can have either a single one bedroom with 5 people or two studios with 8. The one bedrooms take up twice the room but only increase the count by one so the total person density of the space is lower than a studio.

One bedroom units are not the TARDIS.
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:59 AM   #142
Dacky619
DIS Veteran

I skimmed through the occupancy threads and could not find the answer to this question. We have friends that want to rent our points and go in September. It will be 3 adults, 1 child, and 2 infants. Do those children under 3 count against the occupancy? The reason I'm wondering is that on the dvc website, it lets me search for and book a 1 BR at boardwalk (their requested resort) but if I do it on the Disney website it denies me based on occupancy. Anyone know the answer or do I need to call MS?

Dacky619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #143
kamik86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacky619 View Post
I skimmed through the occupancy threads and could not find the answer to this question. We have friends that want to rent our points and go in September. It will be 3 adults, 1 child, and 2 infants. Do those children under 3 count against the occupancy? The reason I'm wondering is that on the dvc website, it lets me search for and book a 1 BR at boardwalk (their requested resort) but if I do it on the Disney website it denies me based on occupancy. Anyone know the answer or do I need to call MS?
1 of the infants will count because you can only have 1 child under 3 that doesn't count against occupancy.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #144
Dacky619
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamik86 View Post
1 of the infants will count because you can only have 1 child under 3 that doesn't count against occupancy.
So in that case, when it states that it can sleep 5 but the 5th must bring their own bedding/linens it can actually sleep 6 as long as one is an infant?

Old 01-31-2013, 08:11 AM   #145
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Their only legal options for Disney, including DVC, will be for units that officially sleep 5. For DVC, that's 1 BR units, for Disney it's Suites and certain rooms at places like PO Riverside and some of the deluxe units.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #146
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So in that case, when it states that it can sleep 5 but the 5th must bring their own bedding/linens it can actually sleep 6 as long as one is an infant?
That's correct for the DVC 1 BR units.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #147
Dacky619
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Thank you, that is what they are looking at. We're still outside of 7 months so I just went to disney's site to check the cash options and it said that they would be over occupancy. That threw me.

Thank you both for your responses!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:43 AM   #148
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you, that is what they are looking at. We're still outside of 7 months so I just went to disney's site to check the cash options and it said that they would be over occupancy. That threw me.

Technically and legally all 1 BR except most AKV & BLT 1BR units are occupancy 4 including OKW even with the extra chair, DVC just allows 5 and will give you 1 above under 3. CRO's site is absolute by the stated occupancy of the given resorts, don't let it throw you.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #149
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamik86 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Their only legal options for Disney, including DVC, will be for units that officially sleep 5. For DVC, that's 1 BR units, for Disney it's Suites and certain rooms at places like PO Riverside and some of the deluxe units.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Technically and legally all 1 BR except most AKV & BLT 1BR units are occupancy 4 including OKW even with the extra chair, DVC just allows 5 and will give you 1 above under 3. CRO's site is absolute by the stated occupancy of the given resorts, don't let it throw you.
To sum it up: The only WDW DVC 1 bedroom units that will allow 5 plus an infant are BLT and AKV (except value category).

Only one infant can be excluded from the occupancy count for the other WDW DVC 1 bedroom villas. So while all of the other WDW DVC 1 Bedrooms (SSR, OKW, BCV, BWV, VWL) will allow 5 of any age, it is not 5 plus an infant. No bedding is provided for the 5th occupant.

Dacky - if MS accepts a reservation in a 1 bedroom for the party of 6 (I don't think they will, but they might for OKW), I wouldn't worry about it - other than figuring out how to accommodate the 5th and 6th persons.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #150
Dacky619
DIS Veteran

Just to give everyone a heads up on the situation I brought up: I just called MS to try to get their response and the woman I was talking to said of course they would all fit, you just need to request two pack and plays. She brought it up on her computer and said there were no issues with having 4+ 2 infants in a one bedroom at the boardwalk. I kind of pushed her to check and make sure that was ok, and that is when she came back saying that 4+1 infant was the max they could fit in that one bedroom. Although she knows she has booked more than that in those rooms.

So overall, we're still confused. a good thing that our friends love AKL because the one bedrooms there do allow 5+1.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: