DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2014, 09:13 PM   #1
DizMagic
Mouseketeer

Hold out hope for gcv wl or book through disney collection

I need 5 nights next February at gcv. I know it's a small resort and I am already past the 7 month window. I went ahead and did wait list tonite but I was wondering at what point do I give up on wait list and just book through the Disney collection.

Is there a limited amount of availability through that as well? Could I book it then cancel if wait list came through as I have enough points to do both. What are your thoughts.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:03 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizMagic View Post
I need 5 nights next February at gcv. I know it's a small resort and I am already past the 7 month window. I went ahead and did wait list tonite but I was wondering at what point do I give up on wait list and just book through the Disney collection.

Is there a limited amount of availability through that as well? Could I book it then cancel if wait list came through as I have enough points to do both. What are your thoughts.
If you book Disney Collection and want to cancel, those points cannot be used for DVC. They can only be used outside DVC and expire at the end of your use year. I would hold off. Are any nights available? I would stalk the website for individual nights rather than waiting for the wait list to come through.

Disney Collection does have limited availability. If you bought resale after 3/2011, those points are not eligible for Disney Collection.

Good Luck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: