DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #1
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

Handicapped room at HHI

We're heading back to HHI this Thanksgiving and bringing my MIL with us.

She has severe mobility issues so I requested a room in the Lodge for her. I neglected to ask for a handicapped room though. When I called MS back they said there were none available.

What I'd like to know is is the request for a handicapped room guaranteed or is it just like any other request (pool view. etc)?

We're arriving early that week so I'm wondering what her chances are of getting one. I have no wish to bump someone out who needs it though and requested it before we did. I just need to be clear in what we can expect so I can explain it to her.

Thanks,
Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014
Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM   #2
rcchello
DIS Veteran

Handicapped rooms are given out in the order requested until there are none remaining. They are not a separate category and will be given to non handicapped people if there are less requests than rooms.

You can ask if a handicapped room has become available when you arrive, but they will not displace person already assigned to a handicapped room.

Bob
OKW - SSR
Next Trip - Fantasy Eastern

Just because it worked for me or worked this way in the past or is part of the great Dis lore is no reason it will work this way in the future. Depending on the CM you get, new interpretation of the rules, changes in rules, weather over the Himalayas, your results may be different.
rcchello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM   #3
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

When we arrived at Thanksgiving a few years ago, we were given a HA studio the first night because they told us that was all that was left (checked in at around 11:30 at night). What size unit are you getting? I just realized that a 2 BR would mean they'd have to use both a studio and a 1 BR together. Since we were in a studio, there was still a HA 1 BR available. See you at Thanksgiving! Is anyone doing the Turkey Trot this year? Guy's thinking of the 10K as a means to begin training for that Dopey Challenge "someone" told him about once!
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM   #4
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcchello View Post
Handicapped rooms are given out in the order requested until there are none remaining. They are not a separate category and will be given to non handicapped people if there are less requests than rooms.

You can ask if a handicapped room has become available when you arrive, but they will not displace person already assigned to a handicapped room.
Thank you. That was exactly the info I was looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
When we arrived at Thanksgiving a few years ago, we were given a HA studio the first night because they told us that was all that was left (checked in at around 11:30 at night). What size unit are you getting? I just realized that a 2 BR would mean they'd have to use both a studio and a 1 BR together. Since we were in a studio, there was still a HA 1 BR available. See you at Thanksgiving! Is anyone doing the Turkey Trot this year? Guy's thinking of the 10K as a means to begin training for that Dopey Challenge "someone" told him about once!

We have 2 two-bedrooms for Kev, myself and the kids and then one for my mom and sister's family. My MIL will be in the Lodge. She's willing to brave the steps to come over for Thanksgiving dinner but would prefer to not have to brave them every day. My FIL passed away in January so this is a very big deal. She's still not 100% sure she will be joining us but I'm trying to make everything go as smoothly as possible. I would love for her to meet you - she loves bird watching as well.

Kev & I are planning on the Turkey Trot. But the 5k for me. I'm "dopey" enough as it is!

See you in a few months!

Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014
Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: