DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
The DVC Moderators
DVC Moderators

DISboards Moderator

DVC Occupancy Thread Part 2

We ask that DVC Occupancy discussions will be limited to this thread.

Currently DVC allows the following occupancy:

Studio 4*
1 Bdrm 5+
2 Bdrm 9+
Grand Villa 12*

*plus a child under the age of 3 in a Pak-n-Play
+Some DVC resorts have a single sleeper chair for person 5/9 respectively. For others you will need to provide your own air mattress, sleeping bag, or other arrangements.

The original Occupancy is closed, but may be viewed HERE.

Feel free to continue the ongoing discussion here, in this thread.

(This is an unmonitored username - PMs are not accepted. Please contact any of the DVC Moderators)

Last edited by CarolMN; 07-18-2013 at 09:39 AM.
The DVC Moderators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
NJOYURLIFE

DIS Veteran

I guess I am behind the times. Tonight I went to book a 1 bedroom online for our family of 5 and I noticed the usual at the usual resorts. The newer ones say sleep 5 and the older ones say can sleep 5 but no additional bedding. Then I noticed the OKW 1 bedroom and it said sleeps 5, straight out, nothing about bedding. I guess they added the sleeper chair during the upgrades?

It just surprized me.

Upcoming 6/22/12 to 7/1/12 VWL, 7/1/12 to 7/15/12 SSR, 7/15 to 7/17 Bay Lake Towers ,4/5/12 Bonnet Creek, 4/6/12 to 4/13/12 Sheraton Vistana, 8/5/11 TO 8/17 Bonnet Creek, 8/17/11 to 8/24/11 SSR, 12/13/09 to 12/17/09 SSR, 6/16/09 TO 7/17/09 AKL Concierge, BWV, BCV & AKL Kidani, 7/27/2008 to 8/24/2008 1 week offsite & then 3 onsite, 6/11/07 to 7/14/07 Various offsite & onsite, 7/31/06 to 8/25/06 Various onsite and offsite, 5/5/06 - FF Bonnet Creek, 5/5/06 to 5/13/06 - OKW, 8/19/05 - FF Bonnet Creek, 8/20/2005 to 8/27/2005 - OKW, 6/14/05 to 6/16/05 - SSR, 6/4/05 to 6/11/05 - OKW, 5/14/04 to 5/21/04 - OKW, 7/6/03 to 7/13/03 - Offsite, 5/12/98 to 5/19/98 - OKW, 7/1/1990 to 7/7/1990 - Disney Villas - Honeymoon, June 1988 Comfort Inn
NJOYURLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2012, 05:47 AM   #3
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

Yes all the OKW villas were upgraded with a sleeping chair last year
Old 04-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Now that the one bedrooms at OKW, AKV (non value) and BLT have the sleeper chair making it sleep 5... if our 6th person was just over age 3 could we provide a little bed for her and stay in a one bedroom?

I guess not.. I just checked the online booking and it won't let me go past the first page...says I'd need to pick a different size room. Darn! She'd be able to hop in bed with us in the master and the other three could sleep in the living room. Bummer!!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Last edited by supersuperwendy; 04-10-2012 at 11:06 AM.
supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
Now that the one bedrooms at OKW, AKV (non value) and BLT have the sleeper chair making it sleep 5... if our 6th person was just over age 3 could we provide a little bed for her and stay in a one bedroom?

I guess not.. I just checked the online booking and it won't let me go past the first page...says I'd need to pick a different size room. Darn! She'd be able to hop in bed with us in the master and the other three could sleep in the living room. Bummer!!
No six. Just five plus one under the age of three.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post

But if she's old enough to need a ticket, she also will need a KTTW to be included in other activities, so there's no real upside to "sneaking" her in.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
KSL
Mouseketeer

More sleeper chairs coming?

[Apologies in advance if this was discussed in the original thread - I haven't read it....]

Since OKW was upgraded to include the sleeper chair, do you think they will eventually make the rounds to do this in some/all of the other resorts which currently have beds only for 4? We are a family of 5 and even though we could bring an air mattress, it would be so much better to have an actual bed (my kids loved the sleeper chair at BLT!). Maybe the size of the 1-BR units at the other resorts wouldn't accommodate this? I know OKW is the biggest so there was space there. But if they could squeeze one into some of the others, it would be so great for families of 5! Do you think it could happen?

Aug '06 ASMovies (DH, me & DD1 trip) / June '07 POR (10th anniversary trip) / Aug '08 POP (DH, me & DD2 trip) / Aug '10 CBR (DH, me & DD3 trip) / Aug '11 Split Stay AKV/BLT (whole family, finally!) / Feb. '12 OKW / July '12 GCH (no kids!) / BWV/BLT split stay Aug '13 / YC May '14 (SWW!) / planning VGF/BLT split stay July-Aug '14

KSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSL View Post
[Apologies in advance if this was discussed in the original thread - I haven't read it....]

Since OKW was upgraded to include the sleeper chair, do you think they will eventually make the rounds to do this in some/all of the other resorts which currently have beds only for 4? We are a family of 5 and even though we could bring an air mattress, it would be so much better to have an actual bed (my kids loved the sleeper chair at BLT!). Maybe the size of the 1-BR units at the other resorts wouldn't accommodate this? I know OKW is the biggest so there was space there. But if they could squeeze one into some of the others, it would be so great for families of 5! Do you think it could happen?
Likely not due to space issues. Technically and legally the occupancy is still 4 for OKW though.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #9
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

The sleeper chair at OKW replaced an existing large chair and ottoman. The other resorts may have space issues and be unable to accommodate the addition of the sleeper chair, especially when unfolded for use.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #10
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Likely not due to space issues. Technically and legally the occupancy is still 4 for OKW though.
Legally, I'm sure OKW's contract is like my SSR contract with a max occupancy of 4 in a 1BR.
Technically, DVC now publishes points charts for OKW stating under 1BR villa "all sleep 4, most sleep 5"
SSR and other non- sleeper chair villas only state 4.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #11
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Here's a question. I used to be a member and when I tried to book a cash ressie with Disney they told me back in Jan of this year that the only 1 bdrm that will sleep 5 is okw. I told them that in the past when we were members they allowed 5 in a 1 bdrm.

Is this only being done for members or can I now being a non-member book a 1 bdrm in any of the dvc resorts?
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-CL and BWI

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #12
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Cash bookings operate under their own rules set by Disney Resort Reservations, they also have different booking categories and seasons vs. DVC Point reservations.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #13
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Bay Lake Tower and Animal Kingdom Villas (non-value) should also sleep 5. Don't see any reason why Disney wouldn't allow that.

But I agree with Chuck that they wouldn't necessarily allow cash guests to expand occupancy at others the way they have for DVC members.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #14
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

That really doesn't make sense though. If they will let a family who are members do it then what's the difference if a non-member family wants to do the same especially since I know this from experience being in the dvc at one time.

Will they be replacing the chairs in the one bedrooms with a sleeper chair? This would make sense.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-CL and BWI

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #15
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
That really doesn't make sense though. If they will let a family who are members do it then what's the difference if a non-member family wants to do the same especially since I know this from experience being in the dvc at one time.
Disney's sandbox...Disney's rules.

What it comes down to is two different divisions of the same company making its own rules. Disney Vacation Club has decided that occupancy rules can be stretched a bit. Disney Parks & Resorts chooses to more rigidly adhere to the established limits.

The cash resorts want to sell you a room that fits your party rather than allowing guests to unroll sleeping bags to their hearts' content. I believe at some resorts they charge additional fees depending upon the number of room occupants. At others they simply force you into a larger unit or two connecting rooms.

Quote:
Will they be replacing the chairs in the one bedrooms with a sleeper chair? This would make sense.
Only where there is enough space. The sleeper chairs will not fit in Boardwalk, Beach Club, Saratoga Springs and others. Living rooms are too small.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: