Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
newlittleminnie
DIS Veteran

Kidcot Advice please

So I may get laughed at or criticised for this but I would really love to do the Kidcot stops at Epcot.

Being my first time in WDW i want to experience everything and have as many souvenirs as possible.

The idea of having a passport to get stamped by the different countries sounds like a wonderful souvenir and just the kind of thing i love.

However I will be 22, is it allowed for someone of my age to do this?

August 2012: Highlands Reserve ~ August 2013: High Grove ~
October 2013: DLRP Hotel Cheyenne
~ October 2014: WDW Art of Animation?

newlittleminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Go for it.. we're all kids at Disney
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
kneedeep
Loving the Florida life

I've definitely seen adults get passports stamped. (I am assuming you know that you purchase a passport at one of the Epcot shops.)

For no cost, you can also get a Duffy stick puppet (available at any World Showcase Kidcot station) that you can color with Sharpies and then take around to all the other Kidcot stations to be stamped. In some of the countries they will write your name in their language, too.

Have fun!
kneedeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
knitster
DIS Veteran

I honestly don't think any of the kidcot workers will even give it a second thought. There are tons of people milling about and parents frequently get their kid's items stamped for them because their kids are shy or what have you. I think your age will largely go unnoticed.
knitster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
Belleandtinker
DIS Veteran

Any one can do the Kidcots.

I think this is the complete list:

Rocking Horse: USA
Hot Air Balloon: France
Tiger/Panther head: Mexico
Dragon: UK
Teddy Bear: Germany
Viking Ship: Norway
Kite: China
Orgami piece: Japan
Mask: Italy
Plastic-glove-henna looking piece: Morocco
Suncather like piece: Canada

Have fun!
June 1982 – WDW Treehouse Villas; March 1988 – WDW Off-Site; September 1992 – WDW Disney Institute and Off-Site; April 1997 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; April 2002 – DL Off-Site; April 2003 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge; April 2004 – DL Paradise Pier; April 2005 – DLP Off-Site; April 2008 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; January 2009 – WDW Caribbean Beach Resort; April 2010 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2011 - WDW Coronado Springs/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2012 - WDW Coronado Springs/Caribbean Beach Resort; October 2012 - WDW All Star Movie; March 2013 - DL Grand Califorian; October 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2015 - ?

Belleandtinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
Tarffri
Mouseketeer

I saw a woman just last week get a whole bunch (8 or 9) of those bears on a stick stamped and signed. She must have had them done for others, but the CM stamped and signed them all (CM asked her how many more she had because the line was growing). Believe me, they are not going to give you any trouble. They'll do it for anyone who asks.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
Belleandtinker
DIS Veteran

I liked them for my scrapbook. We stop collecting for awhile since all my scrapbook pages started looking the same.

Have fun!
June 1982 – WDW Treehouse Villas; March 1988 – WDW Off-Site; September 1992 – WDW Disney Institute and Off-Site; April 1997 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; April 2002 – DL Off-Site; April 2003 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge; April 2004 – DL Paradise Pier; April 2005 – DLP Off-Site; April 2008 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; January 2009 – WDW Caribbean Beach Resort; April 2010 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2011 - WDW Coronado Springs/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2012 - WDW Coronado Springs/Caribbean Beach Resort; October 2012 - WDW All Star Movie; March 2013 - DL Grand Califorian; October 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2015 - ?

Belleandtinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Any one can do the Kidcots.

I think this is the complete list:

Rocking Horse: USA
Hot Air Balloon: France
Tiger/Panther head: Mexico
Dragon: UK
Teddy Bear: Germany
Viking Ship: Norway
Kite: China
Orgami piece: Japan
Mask: Italy
Plastic-glove-henna looking piece: Morocco
Suncather like piece: Canada

They do not give out these anymore. The new Kidcot is a Duffy Bear on a stick (instead of a mask). They stamp the stick, but do not attach trinkets anymore. We were talking to the gal in Norway last summer and she said that they have received a lot of complaints about this. She said she was sorry to see that piece go away.

But back to OP's question - I have seen a ton of adults doing Kidcot so go for it!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #9
dragonfly08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniehar90 View Post
They do not give out these anymore. The new Kidcot is a Duffy Bear on a stick (instead of a mask). They stamp the stick, but do not attach trinkets anymore. We were talking to the gal in Norway last summer and she said that they have received a lot of complaints about this. She said she was sorry to see that piece go away.
I actually prefer the Duffy on a stick to the old version with stuff hanging all over. Those used to get tangled and/or fall off when my kids carried them, but Duffy was easy to tote around and a lot of fun for them to color part of at each stop, then have the back or stick stamped. And most of the CMs wrote at least the girls' names in the native language, if not more (DD #2 was celebrating her birthday, so we got lots of versions of "happy birthday" on hers!). They also usually took the time to teach the girls a word or two, something like "please", "thank you" or "you're welcome".

As for the OPs question, I say go for it. I didn't see any adults clearly doing their own, but saw plenty of them helping their kids. The CMs aren't going to know the difference, nor would they care if they did. Have fun!
dragonfly08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #10
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Believe me,at a place where GROWN Men and Women wear Dog and Mouse Ears on their heads,you will not get a second glance at the Kidcot Fun Stops!

The Kidcot Cast Members are VERY used to Adults and the Fun Stops are a great place to talk to the International CMs about their Countries.

Also,Adults do the "Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure" all of the time,so be sure to do some of the Missions(Germany is the best IMHO).
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

I took my first trip to WDW at 21 and did the passport then. I am an avid scrapbook and my Epcot pages wouldn't have been complete without it. I didn't feel the least bit weird about it. Now I have kids and they do the passports (I make thiers) and kidcot stops. I've seen adults in there doing it as well and I enver bat an eye at them. It's not unusual or weird or anything.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epcot, kidcot, passport

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: