Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
MrsRomance
Counting down until the next DFTW :D

Amanda & Jay Wishes 10 yr VR 2/18/16 -- Update 5/17 Disney Wedding Podcast!!

Hi everyone!

Yes, you read the title right.....2016!! Some of you may have gotten to know my fantastic husband Jay (Mr. Romance) through his PJ with our recent Memories VR. Well, we have decided that we want to do it again, just bigger and better this time :D

For those of you who didn't follow along let me introduce us:

Amanda

Jay

Us and Cake.....who doesn't love cake??

Thusfar we've had the following ideas:

*Ceremony at SBP
*Reception at Ariel's
*DP Somewhere in EPCOT

But we're not sure how to make the day flow or what times to use. We'd prefer a whole day of festivities -- but not sure how to structure the day itself. We also are looking into some other welcome dinners and other assorted shindigs to toss into the mix for the guests.

We are planning on using blue and green again, as they are our favorite colors, but in different shades. I was thinking of deeper shades, but I am totally open to any sort of suggestions anyone has (after all we'll have loads of time to get things set in stone!).

I am also planning on tracking our saving for the big event as well to perhaps help other brides to be out there that may need to save up themselves. At the moment we've opened a new account and started it with $50, which wouldn't even buy us enough cokes for everyone!! At the moment our minimum plan is to get $100 a month put away (more if we can) which should give us at least the minimum when the time comes (again this is assuming that they don't radically increase the prices in the next 4 years!).

Really looking forward to planning again and getting another day to celebrate our lives together!

Last edited by MrsRomance; 05-17-2012 at 02:42 AM.
MrsRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Very exciting!!! I'll be reading along!! I think we're looking at a 10 year which will be 2021
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
MrsRomance

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Very exciting!!! I'll be reading along!! I think we're looking at a 10 year which will be 2021
It was so funny because we both were looking at DFTW's website the week following our ceremony! I guess that it's good that we both feel the same way about it though

On another note, not sure if Jay told you before but I lived in the Greater Cincy area for a year after college! I lived in Erlanger with a friend of mine at the time but worked in Cincinnati (which is probably what most people do!).
Old 03-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRomance View Post
It was so funny because we both were looking at DFTW's website the week following our ceremony! I guess that it's good that we both feel the same way about it though

On another note, not sure if Jay told you before but I lived in the Greater Cincy area for a year after college! I lived in Erlanger with a friend of mine at the time but worked in Cincinnati (which is probably what most people do!).
He did!! Small World!! I live in Florence in a condo where the old Drive-In Movie Theater used to be. It's a nice area, and you're downtown in just a few minutes!!

We were talking about a VR when we were in Disneyland... not sure if we want it in Florida or California I'm going to start saving as well!
Old 03-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
CositaRicaFabulosa
Earning My Ears

Well, Amanda, I will be reading along. I've really enjoyed reading your and Jay's PJ's. It's funny that you are thinking of doing another VR at WDW, because we've only been married for three weeks and I've already told my husband I want to do a VR at WDW. (Our ceremony and reception were awful, so I want a do-over. The issues had nothing to do with DFTW - they were great and that's why we'd do it again with them, only different officiant and reception venue.) We did Escape and would probably downsize to Memories next time, and add in some other fun stuff. I can't wait to read more about it!

CositaRicaFabulosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

Awesome! I've pretty much already told Doug that I intend on us doing a ten year VR... and we aren't even married yet! I'm excited to read you and Jay's plans again!
Old 03-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited you started a PJ already! I'm definitely going to be following along, I loved reading your first PJ! And Amanda, I love that picture of you
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
MrsRomance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CositaRicaFabulosa View Post
Well, Amanda, I will be reading along. I've really enjoyed reading your and Jay's PJ's. It's funny that you are thinking of doing another VR at WDW, because we've only been married for three weeks and I've already told my husband I want to do a VR at WDW. (Our ceremony and reception were awful, so I want a do-over. The issues had nothing to do with DFTW - they were great and that's why we'd do it again with them, only different officiant and reception venue.) We did Escape and would probably downsize to Memories next time, and add in some other fun stuff. I can't wait to read more about it!
Oh no.....what happened?? If you don't want to reveal all here just PM me. Do-overs are perfectly acceptable in any case! I LOVED our little Memories ceremony, the location was perfect, my only complaint was the flowers, but they photographed well so I'm over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgypsy View Post
Awesome! I've pretty much already told Doug that I intend on us doing a ten year VR... and we aren't even married yet! I'm excited to read you and Jay's plans again!
Excellent....there is no reason why you have to do it once--how many people get married multiple times? So why should people who stay married not have their big day again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
I'm so excited you started a PJ already! I'm definitely going to be following along, I loved reading your first PJ! And Amanda, I love that picture of you
Thanks :D TBH I don't remember doing that, but I am forever a poser when I am in the mood.....should probably have done more of that for Randy's shots but I wanted to make sure we had 'nice' shots that I toned it down
Old 03-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
DisneyBrideCKB
Mouseketeer

I just found this! I love your idea! I can't wait to hear more about it! I love that he did his own PJ! that is TOO adorable!!!

Kathryn & Charles PJ!
October 6th, 2012
WDW, WP / GF
DisneyBrideCKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #10
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm so excited!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #11
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Yay! So excited to read about this! The week after we got married, I convinced DH to do a 10 year VR so it will be in 2021. I was thinking of doing it on a beach location and I want a DP this time! But I also reallllllly want pics at DL with the "Happily Ever After" painted on the wall!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
MrsRomance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideCKB View Post
I just found this! I love your idea! I can't wait to hear more about it! I love that he did his own PJ! that is TOO adorable!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Yay! I'm so excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
Yay! So excited to read about this! The week after we got married, I convinced DH to do a 10 year VR so it will be in 2021. I was thinking of doing it on a beach location and I want a DP this time! But I also reallllllly want pics at DL with the "Happily Ever After" painted on the wall!
Thanks so much ladies! I'm hoping that it won't get too boring (or dusty in here) over the next 48ish months! Actually when I hear that, I keep thinking -- OMG that's not THAT long!

So I'm leaning more towards a darker blue/green combo than we had this time around. Something like this possibly (I found this online, so ignore the individual items and just look at the colors!):

What do you all think? I definitely like the navy/midnight blue shade but I'm not sure on the green.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #13
DisneyBrideCKB
Mouseketeer

oooohhh aaahhh.. No need to worry about that color scheme.. I'm in LOVE! Of course, I love the deep blue (my fav, btw) but that shade of green is really complimentary! I absolutely love the sash on the dress that accents the green color, and the green and blue in his potential tie.
I love what you've picked out so far! Nicely done!!

Kathryn & Charles PJ!
October 6th, 2012
WDW, WP / GF
DisneyBrideCKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #14
One_Song
DIS Veteran

Oh, I'm so jealous. I'm not sure if I will be able to talk DH into a VR. Maybe something very small. I loved reading Jay's account of your day, I would love to read along with your plans I don't think I've come across a repeat DFTW-er. What a great opportunity to use all that retrospective knowledge!

Michelle's Wishes Wedding & Honeymoon PJ & TR
One_Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #15
MrsRomance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideCKB View Post
oooohhh aaahhh.. No need to worry about that color scheme.. I'm in LOVE! Of course, I love the deep blue (my fav, btw) but that shade of green is really complimentary! I absolutely love the sash on the dress that accents the green color, and the green and blue in his potential tie.
I love what you've picked out so far! Nicely done!!
Thanks Kate! I am still on a search for the dress -- but what I keep thinking is if I find something I really like now, I can wait until it goes discontinued and then get it at a bargain price! Either that or have something custom made. I am just not keen on a lot of the styles that seem to be the 'in' thing. Perhaps I'm just too simple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Song View Post
Oh, I'm so jealous. I'm not sure if I will be able to talk DH into a VR. Maybe something very small. I loved reading Jay's account of your day, I would love to read along with your plans I don't think I've come across a repeat DFTW-er. What a great opportunity to use all that retrospective knowledge!
Our original plan was to do an escape next and then for 20 years do a Wishes, but we decided to just bypass Escape and go the whole hog! Although we will do something for the big 2-0 just not sure what yet!! I'm hoping that by being a 'repeat customer' that may score us some brownie points when it comes time to start the process again, but we'll see!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: