Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #31
pooboo
Earning My Ears

Pics with characters

Great pictures! Was Belle on the ship for pictures? Just wondering cause I am Belle is the only princess I like. Thanks.
pooboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #32
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooboo View Post
Great pictures! Was Belle on the ship for pictures? Just wondering cause I am Belle is the only princess I like. Thanks.
Thanks! Yes, Belle was on the ship. They had two times where they had five of the princesses at the same time (Ariel, Tiana, Cinderella, Snow White, and Bell) and we ran into Belle in her blue dress by one of the stairways.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #33
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Animator's Palate

Wednesday night we had dinner at Animator's Palate. We were all looking forward to our dinner there, because we had see it when Samantha Brown went on one of the Disney Ships years ago and thought it would be really cool to see.

I always carried my camera with me. There were so many neat things to take pictures of and you never knew when something fun would happen or when you would bump into a character!

I think this was my dad's dinner...

You know how the servers made the ketchup in the shape of Mickey Mouse heads? Well, our night at Animator's Palate Ozer made something more complex: Pluto! I was impressed!

I think Alina was excited about her dessert.

And my dessert. I think it was a chocolate cake type thing. All I remember is that it was yummy!

Marvin doing a magic trick for Daniel.

At the beginning of dinner...

...and at the end.

My dad shot a time lapse at our table that night. It's kinda funny watching how much we move... lol! You can view the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KATy2kOgN44
Old 03-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #34
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you liked Animator's Palate! We loved it on our cruise. Pluto out of Ketchup is very impressive!!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #35
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I'm glad you liked Animator's Palate! We loved it on our cruise. Pluto out of Ketchup is very impressive!!
Yes, it was awesome! That's great you loved it as well.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #36
cnj
Mouseketeer

Great report! You are such a charming young lady. Cannot wait to read more!
cnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #38
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnj View Post
Great report! You are such a charming young lady. Cannot wait to read more!
Aw, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Love the time lapse video
Thank you! It's quite entertaining seeing what we do throughout dinner, lol!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #39
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Day 5: Cabo San Lucas

Thursday was our first day in Cabo San Lucas. Instead of being able to walk right of the ship into port, we had to take a tender to shore. We all went out in the morning and then those who wanted to go to the beach, which ended up being Mamma, Daddy, and Daniel, took a water taxi to Lover's Beach (I think that's the one they went to...). The rest of us went back to the ship.

I love walking somewhere and passing by a character. Thursday morning it just happened to be Snow White!

Every Disney ship has a different character on the back and the Wonder's just happens to be Donald Duck, along with either Huey, Duey, or Luey (I have no idea which one is which! lol!).

We walked around for a bit and looked at some of the shops. These pelicans hung out by the fresh fish.

Mamma, Alina, and Daniel getting off the tender.

My dad and Daniel at Lover's Beach.

Riding the tender back to the ship.

At 4:30PM Tiana, Daniel, and I went to the Promenade Lounge for Paper Plane Making. It was only us along with a couple dad's with their sons, so it was a small group. We all came up with our our paper airplane designs and raced them. Then we made improvements or a new plane all together and raced them again. There was a price for the winner, but since their were so few of us, Becky gave us all a prize. So now we have some awesome Disney Cruise Line key chains, that you can't even buy.

Thursday evening was also Pirate Night! Arrrg! So I'll be sharing a separate post with all the fun stuff from that night.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #40
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Pirate Night!

One of the themed nights on the Disney Cruises is Pirates Night. Everyone's invited to dress up as piraty as they'd like. We were able to get our picture with Captain Hook and Smee and other characters in their pirate outfits, had a pirate themed dinner, and went to the pirate party up on deck. Alina ended up getting sick that day and spend the evening in the stateroom, which was sad since she was really looking forward to Pirate Night. (Note: I have video of the Pirate Party and Fireworks waaaay down at the bottom of the post.

Ah, I love Chip 'n Dale!

Arrrg! Waiting in line to see Mickey and Minnie.

We got so see Peter Pan as well!

Our dinner that night was at Parrot Cay, which I thought was perfect for pirate night!

All the kids went and danced around the dinning room with our servers and did the limbo.

Group picture with Marvin and Ozer! The only thing missing is Alina.

The Pirate Party on Deck 9 started a 9:30. Goofy sneaking up on Minnie...

Then the party was invaded my Captain Hook and is gang.

Afterwards there was a HUGE buffet. Right now I'm really wishing I would have got a picture of it... There were tables filled with desserts, fresh crepes, giant turkey legs, and ice cream sundaes. But we were all too full from dinner!

Here's some video I got of the Pirate Party, along with the fireworks at the end. You can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj6OiFDJB18
Old 03-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #41
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Our Awesome Servers!

One of my very favorite parts of our cruise was our servers. All three of them were amazing! I have to say, Disney was smart when they came up with the whole rotational dinning idea and I think its marvelous. I loved how they followed us from dinning room to dinning room, getting to know all of us and us getting to know them. Our head server was Geffrey from the Philippines, Ozer was our server and is from Turkey, and Marvin was our assistant server, who is also from the Philippines. We had no idea how fond we would become of them and were really sad when we had to leave them!

They took wonderful care of us! They made sure we liked every part of our meal and if we didn't, they fixed it for us. And they did just about everything for us. Everything from removing the lobster from the shell to cutting pancakes.

Eating out is usually difficult for my mom, since she's has gluten and dairy allergies, but our servers made it easy for her to have tasty food. Every evening Geffrey would bring her the menu for the next night to order from, so they could make what she wanted and it fit with her allergies.

Geffrey, Ozer, Myself, and Marvin.

At the end of most of the meals, Ozer and Marvin would often do a magic trick for us, or give us a puzzle to try and figure out using crayons for pieces.

On the nights when Alina was sick and stayed in the stateroom during dinner, Ozer had us order a meal for her, which he brought out after we ate ours. One night he even folded the napkin into a boat, like ours were on the tablet that night, for her as well.

Our group, plus our amazing servers!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #42
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I love your pictures from Pirate Night!! It looks like you guys had a blast

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #43
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I love your pictures from Pirate Night!! It looks like you guys had a blast
Oh, yes, we had a fantastic time on Pirate Night! I just wish I had had room for all that yummy looking food at the buffet afterwards...
Old 03-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #44
silence
Missin' Mickey

Thank you for posting all of your wonderful pictures! Geoffry was our server in February, how exciting that he is a head server now. I hope he is on board when we are there in 2 weeks.
Past Trips: Dec '13 - Candy Cane Inn / June '13 Candy Cane Inn / May 4 13 DCL FANTASY cruise and MK / Jan '13 GCH / July '12 DLH / April 1 '12 DISNEY CRUISE on the WONDER! / Feb 20 11 DISNEYCRUISE to MR and DISNEYLAND - Candy Cane Inn / Oct 10 - GCH / Nov 10 - HoJos / July 10 - HoJo's / July 09 - HoJo's & DLH / May 09 - HoJo's / April 09 - HoJo's & Candy Cane Inn / January 09 - HoJo's / November 08 - HoJo's / October 08 - HoJo's / Aug 08 - Desert Inn / May 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Mar 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Nov 07 - Ramada Inn Maingate / Sept 07 - Hawthorn Suites / May 07 - Paradise Pier / Aug 06 - HoJo / Dec 05 - DLH / May 03 - Hawthorn Suites / Sept 02 - Hilton Garden Inn / Nov 00 - Hilton Garden Inn / Sept 99 - Hawthorn Suites
silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #45
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
Thank you for posting all of your wonderful pictures! Geoffry was our server in February, how exciting that he is a head server now. I hope he is on board when we are there in 2 weeks.
That makes me happy that you enjoy my pictures! That's neat, so he hasn't been head server for long then. Geffrey was awesome and we all loved him! He was really great about working with my mom's allergies and every time I saw him, he called me "the planner", since on the first morning he saw me going over the Navigator and planning my schedule for the day. Having dinner with him, along with our other servers, was the perfect way to end each day!

Tags
first cruise, mexican riviera

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: