Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #16
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

We were on your cruise as well!

Love your TR!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #17
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
We were on your cruise as well!

Love your TR!
That's awesome! Thanks!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #18
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Day 3: At Sea

Tuesday was also spend at sea. By then it felt like we had been on the ship way longer than a day and a half. You know how some trips seem to go by super, duper fast? Well that wasn't the case on our cruise, which was a good thing!

For breakfast we went to Triton's. I had the french toast and pineapple stack. It was so good I even had it again the next morning!

Tiana and Alina chose to do most of their swimming in the morning, when there was nearly nobody in the pool.

One of my favorite activities was Animation, where we were taught how to draw different Disney characters. I missed the first one, Mickey Mouse, because it was going on while we were watching The Muppets. So on Tuesday I went and drew Goofy. Ponz was the crew member who taught it to us. He was pretty cool.

My Goofy:

We had lunch at Triton's again.

After lunch, we played Chip It Golf in the lobby. It was there (and at golf putting on the last day as well) where I learned that I am pretty bad at any type of golf.

Tiana was a lot better than me...

There were often characters roaming around the halls. Daniel ran into Donald Duck and Goofy.

At 4:30PM we made our way to Wavebands for Wonder Quest, which was incredibly fun! It's a scavenger hunt styled game where we had to take different items up to Drew, who was leading the game, to get points. The items were things like KTTW cards, shoelaces, and a wave phone. One of them was a receipt, which we didn't have, so we wrote "receipt" on a piece of paper!

Later that evening we relaxed in the Promenade Lounge listening to The Northern Lights.

Later in the lobby we got our picture with Minnie and Mickey in their sailing outfits.

The show for the night was hypnotist, who hypnotized several people from the audience. It was hilarious! And afterwards we had dinner at Triton's again (which I don't have any pictures of).

Our towel animal was a turtle!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #19
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great update and yet more wonderful photos

Looks like you had a really great first day at sea
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #20
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

We loved the hypnotist! Last year it was the one show we skipped. This year we decided there was no way we were missing it. And it was so funny

Your Goofy is excellent. Goofy is my favorite of the characters.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #21
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great update and yet more wonderful photos

Looks like you had a really great first day at sea
Thanks! Yes, our first day at sea was awesome!

Quote:
We loved the hypnotist! Last year it was the one show we skipped. This year we decided there was no way we were missing it. And it was so funny

Your Goofy is excellent. Goofy is my favorite of the characters.
Ah, yes, the hypnotist was hilarious! We laughed so much durring that show.

Thank you! Goofy is my brother's favorite character as well!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #22
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereina View Post

Your brother has excellent taste
Old 03-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #23
trish.
Mouseketeer

Fun report! I'm loving your photos.
trish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #24
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Great TR so far! You got a lot of great photos, and there were a lot of characters roaming about. I sailed on the Wonder on my previous DCL cruise and it is a beautiful ship, glad you enjoyed it

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #25
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Your brother has excellent taste
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish. View Post
Fun report! I'm loving your photos.
Thanks! Love your profile picture. I'm a big Muppet fan, and Beaker is my favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Great TR so far! You got a lot of great photos, and there were a lot of characters roaming about. I sailed on the Wonder on my previous DCL cruise and it is a beautiful ship, glad you enjoyed it
Thanks, I'm having fun posting them here. There definitely wasn't a shortage of characters, which I loved! I agree, the Wonder is a beautiful ship! It's now my goal to sail on all of the Disney ships.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #26
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Day 4: Puerto Vallarta

Wednesday was at Puerto Vallarta. We all went to Triton's for a big breakfast, since we didn't know how long we were going to say out. Daniel's breakfast was pancakes, scrambled eggs, and a Mickey waffle.

My breakfast, a waffle, french toast, a pancake, and bacon. Delicious!

Before going to port, we took advantage of the empty Foosball and ping pong tables! Fun, fun, fun!

We mostly wanted to go to Old Town Puerto Vallarta, so we hired a van and driver to take us there. We wandered around the shops and then went to the beach across the street.

Both Tiana and Daniel bought sombreros. And boy, are those things big!

The beach:

There were several sand sculptures on the beach that we looked at.

Grandma, Tiana, Myself, Daddy, Daniel, and Alina.

After we were done at the beach, our driver took us to this tequila place, where he told us how it was made and the adults tasted several different types.

And then we went for a snack at Margarita Grill, a place our driver suggested. They served the drinks in huge glasses. See?

They also made the guacamole and salsa fresh at the table.

Uh, yeah... On the van back on the way to the ship.

A group picture with our driver.

We were back on the ship a couple hours before everyone had to be on board, so the pool was pretty empty. Daniel and Alina decided that it would be a good time to hang out in the pool.

While I was wondering about the ship, I decided to get inline to see Minnie Mouse. All the character had different themed outfits each night, so I got my pictures with them as many times as possible! I sure love meeting the characters!

Afterwards I ran into Grandma who wanted to get her picture with Minnie as well, but by that time Minnie had left and Mickey was there, in his awesome Mexican outfit!

And then Daniel came, because he wanted to get a picture with Mickey since they both had sombreros.

My pictures from our dinner at Animator's Palate will have their own post, since I already have tons of pictures in this post, so keep an eye out for that! Oh, and here is our towel animal that night:
Old 03-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #27
kimmypie1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereina View Post

My DH was one of the people hypnotized! He was the one who thought his shoe was Simba from the Lion King! LOL We were in the second show, btw.
kimmypie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #28
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmypie1 View Post
My DH was one of the people hypnotized! He was the one who thought his shoe was Simba from the Lion King! LOL We were in the second show, btw.
Now that's awesome! We saw the first show, though... But The Lion King part was so funny!
Old 03-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #29
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I just love reading your TR, your really are doing a great job
Wonderful photos again, love, love, love Mickey and Minnie in their Mexican outfits !!!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #30
Sereina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I just love reading your TR, your really are doing a great job
Wonderful photos again, love, love, love Mickey and Minnie in their Mexican outfits !!!
Thank you! It's easy to write about a trip that was so much fun!

I loved their Mexican outfits as well! Very colorful and you don't get to see Mickey in a sombrero very often!

Tags
first cruise, mexican riviera

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: