Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #91
BrerMama
DIS Veteran

Epcot is definitely going to be a challenge without Test Track. We're planning to do some of the same things... especially starting at Canada and going backwards around WS. Better snacks that way... including the slush!
May/June 2007 Port Orleans Riverside
May/June 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
December 2000 Walt Disney World Offsite
BrerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #92
newtexan
DIS Veteran

That sounds like a packed day at Epcot, our only plans are dinner and Illuminations.

newtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #93
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Awesome EPCOT day! Yeah, Test Track being down is going to change our usual touring, but oh well......complaining is not going to change it. Can't wait to hear more!
Victoriasmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #94
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
I don't do Mission Space, but my boys do. We took the time to check out the interactive area at the end of the ride on our last trip and the boys really enjoyed it! I would recommend checking it out if you have the time.

Sounds like a good WS plan. Good idea to start in Canada and work "backwards" this time. That way you can be sure to see the things you usually miss our rush through.

Mmmmm...your snacking idea is fabulous! There is so much to try in the WS. I still need to hit that chocolate/caramel shop in Germany and the bakery in France!
We are still undecided about Mission Space. Well...the boys want to ride but it still makes me a little nervous. I've seen pictures of the interactive area at the end of the ride on other TR's (hmm...maybe yours?) and it looks fun! I'm sure the boys would really like it!

Ooohhh...I can't wait to snack our way around the world. The only problem is that everything looks so yummy that I know we're going to have a hard time deciding what to get.

Angies1274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #95
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerMama View Post
Epcot is definitely going to be a challenge without Test Track. We're planning to do some of the same things... especially starting at Canada and going backwards around WS. Better snacks that way... including the slush!
It is going to be a challenge especially if we decide against riding MS. I just don't want to have to wait around for other things to open up or keep having to backtrack. Oh well...I guess we'll just wait and see.

I'm excited about starting in Canada this time around. We've missed so much on past trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtexan View Post
That sounds like a packed day at Epcot, our only plans are dinner and Illuminations.
Awww....dinner and Illuminations sound great! I'm sad that we may end up missing Illuminations this year but then again these are only the plans for right now. We may decide to take a break after all and come back in the evening. Epcot is so pretty at night and I'd hate to miss it but I'm not sure when else to schedule our evening break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Awesome EPCOT day! Yeah, Test Track being down is going to change our usual touring, but oh well......complaining is not going to change it. Can't wait to hear more!
I agree with you. We're sad that Test Track is going to be down because the boys love it so much but really what can you do. Honestly, it was always breaking down on our trips anyway. I'm actually excited to see what they are going to do with it. Plus, it looks like despite rumors BTMRR is going to open up on time after all. I'm so happy about this! It's definitely a favorite!!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #96
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

That's too bad TT will be down while you're there - you're right it does require a whole different strategy!

Some snack ideas...we enjoyed the maple-flavoured almonds in Canada (they were in a package in the gift shop I think or at a kiosk). In France I enjoyed a ham and cheese croissant from the Bakery which they heated up for me, it was delish. Our something caramel from Germany was the caramel corn...oh my goodness, best caramel corn I've ever had!

Good plan on starting at Canada this time, not that I'm biased , making your way around World Showcase always takes longer than you think it will.
ellajeansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #97
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
That's too bad TT will be down while you're there - you're right it does require a whole different strategy!

Some snack ideas...we enjoyed the maple-flavoured almonds in Canada (they were in a package in the gift shop I think or at a kiosk). In France I enjoyed a ham and cheese croissant from the Bakery which they heated up for me, it was delish. Our something caramel from Germany was the caramel corn...oh my goodness, best caramel corn I've ever had!

Good plan on starting at Canada this time, not that I'm biased , making your way around World Showcase always takes longer than you think it will.

Thanks for the snack ideas!!! The maple-flavored almonds sound yummy!! I was just telling DH about the caramel shop in Germany the other night and the first thing he said was that we would have to get some caramel corn!

I know...we always have high hopes that we can do more in the World Showcase. This trip we really want to try and focus on those countries that we have never had the time to see. Oh and hopefully complete our snack quest as well.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #98
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

What's New....Part 2

So, as nervous as I've been about going in the summer things keep popping up that are erasing those fears and getting me more excited to go back.

While browsing the web yesterday I discovered a few updates about new things happening at WDW this summer.

First of all, it looks like BTMRR is opening on schedule at the end of May despite rumors that it was going to be delayed. We were so happy to find this out. If you read any of my trip reports you would know how much we love this ride!!

It's even better in the dark!! I'm hoping to get some amazing pictures of it at night (well..if I'm brave enough to take my camera out this year.)

I'm sure this is how Noah felt when we told him the news....

Actually I just love that picture so much! I think he was dancing? because we were headed back to MK for the night.

I also read this morning that The Magic, The Memories and You summer show will begin May 25th. Apparently, Cinderella Castle is turning into a giant sandcastle. Here's a sneak peek....

I can't even tell you how excited I am to see this show!!!

Lastly, I read that Agent P will be opening in June!! I'm not sure if they have set an exact date yet but I am so happy that it will be there when we go in July. Noah is completely obsessed with Perry!

Up Next--Saving for Disney!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #99
newtexan
DIS Veteran

Great news about BTMRR

The sandcastle looks awesome, I'll be looking forward to seeing that too.

newtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #100
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I didn't know about the new castle show so thanks for posting the info! Now I'm all excited for our "something new".

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #101
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

All good news! Love it!

Looking forward to the next "saving" installment. We are not used to having to save for our trips as we use Jeff's bonus to pay for them....but...since he changed jobs, no bonus! Now we have to be sure to tuck money away a little at a time.
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #102
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

Wow! Your movie night idea is fantastic! It makes me wish my kid was still little! (Don't worry, we'll do it anyway!)
dawnmichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #103
BrerMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Lastly, I read that Agent P will be opening in June!! I'm not sure if they have set an exact date yet but I am so happy that it will be there when we go in July. Noah is completely obsessed with Perry!

Up Next--Saving for Disney!
My son loves Perry as well. Of course, he's turning 18 so I think he's going to rule out the whole Agent P/Epcot thing. Excited to hear how you're saving for the trip!
May/June 2007 Port Orleans Riverside
May/June 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
December 2000 Walt Disney World Offsite
BrerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #104
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtexan View Post
Great news about BTMRR

The sandcastle looks awesome, I'll be looking forward to seeing that too.
So happy about BTMRR!!

I just read this morning that Phineas and Ferb will be included in the summer version of the castle show. Can't wait to see it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I didn't know about the new castle show so thanks for posting the info! Now I'm all excited for our "something new".
Yay for "something new"!! Apparently, they're going with the whole beach theme and adding additional characters as well. Sounds fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
All good news! Love it!

Looking forward to the next "saving" installment. We are not used to having to save for our trips as we use Jeff's bonus to pay for them....but...since he changed jobs, no bonus! Now we have to be sure to tuck money away a little at a time.
I'm so happy that we have so many new things to look forward to this summer!

I started writing up the savings update this morning so hopefully I can have it finished and posted by Monday at the latest.

Last edited by Angies1274; 04-27-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #105
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmichele View Post
Wow! Your movie night idea is fantastic! It makes me wish my kid was still little! (Don't worry, we'll do it anyway!)
Thanks!! They're a lot of fun to do!!

That's what I say! The boys are getting older especially Nick but I don't want to stop doing them...I enjoy them too much myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerMama View Post
My son loves Perry as well. Of course, he's turning 18 so I think he's going to rule out the whole Agent P/Epcot thing. Excited to hear how you're saving for the trip!
I'm hoping to get my savings update posted soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: