Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 07:16 AM   #136
BrerMama
DIS Veteran

My daughter loves the Kingdom Keepers series. I tried to read it and just couldn't. I don't mind science fiction type stuff, but I just had to suspend too much reality to enjoy it. Love the Complete Guide, though.

Your planning book looks so fun! I'm going to do something similar on index cards, so it was fun to see!
May/June 2007 Port Orleans Riverside
May/June 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
December 2000 Walt Disney World Offsite
BrerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #137
newtexan
DIS Veteran

Yeah for paid! Us too, just got that confirmation email, love it!
Planner looks great. I love being organized for Disney.

newtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #138
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Woo-Hoo! Paid in full is AWESOME!

That Grumpy T-shirt is very cute. I'd buy it for my oldest son...sounds just like something he would say!

Nice planning book. I love to have a place to keep all my vacation information. If only I had a Disney trip to plan.....**sigh**
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #139
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
There's no better feeling than knowing the trip is paid in full!

You are one creative woman. I always say I am going to put together a cool planning book and then run out of time to do it. I just have a pocket folder with all our stuff in it. I think I kinda rebel when it comes to organizing my own personal stuff since I have to keep everybody's file at work in tip top shape. At least that's the excuse I use.
Aww...I know!! I'm so happy! It means that our trip is that much closer!!

I've tried to put together some kind of planning book on our past trips. But, usually it ends up being just a notebook with pockets and I write in all of our information by hand. Unfortunately, it always ends up a mess by the time that we go because I'm always changing things. I guess I thought typing it up this time I would leave it alone. Like that will happen.

Angies1274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #140
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerMama View Post
My daughter loves the Kingdom Keepers series. I tried to read it and just couldn't. I don't mind science fiction type stuff, but I just had to suspend too much reality to enjoy it. Love the Complete Guide, though.

Your planning book looks so fun! I'm going to do something similar on index cards, so it was fun to see!
It's funny I had a really hard time getting into the first Kingdom Keepers book. I don't even know if I finished it. But, I tried it again with the second one, liked it much better and have enjoyed all the rest.

This weekend, I put our plans, park hours, must-do's etc. on index cards too. I figured it would be much easier to slip an index card in my bag at the parks then to have to carry the whole book around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtexan View Post
Yeah for paid! Us too, just got that confirmation email, love it!
Planner looks great. I love being organized for Disney.
for paid!!! Oh..I know! I love having everything all organized before we go then once we get there we can just relax and enjoy ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Woo-Hoo! Paid in full is AWESOME!

That Grumpy T-shirt is very cute. I'd buy it for my oldest son...sounds just like something he would say!

Nice planning book. I love to have a place to keep all my vacation information. If only I had a Disney trip to plan.....**sigh**
Thanks Missy!

I knew once I saw that Grumpy shirt that DH would like it! Now...I just need to find another cute Disney shirt for me to wear.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #141
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Our Day 7 Plans--Animal Kingdom

July 16, 2012—Animal Kingdom—Last Day

This is officially our last day in Disney. We debated whether we wanted to visit a park on our last day or if we wanted to hang around the resort but ultimately decided to visit Animal Kingdom on this day. I can’t remember if I mentioned it earlier but I had originally scheduled AK on our arrival day instead of Epcot but when Jetblue changed our departure time it meant we would be arriving later and since AK closes so much earlier than the other parks, it didn’t really make sense to go there on our first night. The only other day that I could think to squeeze it in without getting park hoppers would be our on our last day since we have always found that for us Animal Kingdom is a half day park. Don’t get me wrong…I love this park. But, generally when we arrive in the morning we can usually get all our must-do’s done by early afternoon. Mostly, because it’s not DH or the boys favorite park but they go because they know how much I enjoy it.

On this morning, I’ll probably be up bright and early to finish getting things packed up. I’m going to try and keep up with it each day if I can so I won’t have so much to do our last morning and we can get to Animal Kingdom as early as possible. We’ll grab breakfast in the food court…again. Then off to AK we will go.

I’ll probably get a picture of the boys in front of the sign (or peeking out from behind it)

Then, of course get a few of the Tree of Life as we follow the crowd of people in front of us—

I’ll probably run ahead to get FP's for EE

Then meet the guys in Dinoland so we can ride this-

Not a favorite of mine…but the boys really like it!

And this—It will be the first time for the boys! Noah is going through a Dinosaur phase so this is a must-do for him. (Hopefully, this time I'll keep my eyes uncovered)

We may stop and get another one of these pictures—

I’m hoping that our FP’s are ready to use for EE but if they’re not then we will visit here—

We love this show especially the music. The movie Finding Nemo is a family favorite and we can’t wait until it is re-released in 3D this fall.

After Nemo and EE, we’ll probably grab some lunch and while we are deciding where…probably Pizzafari. I may encourage DH to run and get us FP's for Kilimanjaro Safari. I’ve got to get more of these pictures---

I’m hoping to get one of the Lion this time too…..

After lunch, it may be nice to do this---

We haven’t done this since our second trip so it may be something fun to do. I guess it will depend how hot it is at this point.

I’m sure we will stop so the boys can do this—

If there is time we may try to fit in FOTLK…such a great show!

After that we’ll head out for the day, maybe stopping to get another silly picture of the boys—

Then it’s back to the resort to get our luggage and wait for DME that will take us to the airport. Of course, we’ll be so sad to be leaving especially knowing that our next trip won’t be until 2014. But, I really want to wait until Fantasyland is finished before we return. So, those are the plans so far. I'll post a list of our must-do attractions for each park and favorites when we get closer to our trip.

Up next—Looking back at past trips.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #142
newtexan
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a good day at AK. I too love this park, especially the safari.
Our boy should be big enough to do dinosaur this year - it will be a new ride for us. Our daughter skipped it last time we went.

newtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #143
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Awesome AK day. We usually start our AK day with Tusker House for breakfast and then onto the safari. I can never get great pictures of the animals since the jeeps move, bump and throw you all over the place!
Victoriasmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #144
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh no! It's departure day already? Animal Kingdom isn't John's favorite park either but he goes because I love it so much. Hopefully, you can get everything on your list done before you have to leave.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #145
JimShockz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh no! It's departure day already? Animal Kingdom isn't John's favorite park either but he goes because I love it so much. Hopefully, you can get everything on your list done before you have to leave.
AK is normally our first park,we have a 9 yr old girl and a 10 yr old boy,they cant get enough of the animals both of them are fascinated the time,great park

-JH
Old 05-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #146
BrerMama
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great way to end a trip!
May/June 2007 Port Orleans Riverside
May/June 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
December 2000 Walt Disney World Offsite
BrerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #147
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

The Kingdom Keepers books are so fun! I finally started the new one the other day.

Yay for deciding to go to the Animal Kingdom! I can't imagine taking a trip and not going there. Oooh, can't wait to hear how the boys like Dinosaur.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #148
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Your plans sound awesome Angie!! I love all the new clothes you have gotten and I really like hearing how other people save, we do a lot of the same things as you and your family. I too like Couponing to Disney, there are some great tips & deals on there. I liked your Lion King movie/dinner night too, it looks like so much fun to plan those!! I can't wait to hear if you and Noah brave Rock n' Rollercoaster!! It's lots of fun and it's a quick ride too! I would love to try Animation Academy, I have heard such great things about it and at One Man's Dream there is the model for the new Fantasyland expansion too!! That should be neat to see!! Looking forward to seeing those past trip pics
Old 05-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #149
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

AK sounds like a great way to spend your last day. I'm glad you were able to fit it into your schedule!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #150
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtexan View Post
Sounds like a good day at AK. I too love this park, especially the safari.
Our boy should be big enough to do dinosaur this year - it will be a new ride for us. Our daughter skipped it last time we went.
I agree!! The safari is one of my favorite things about this park!!

Dinosaur is so much fun! It's bumpy and dark... and I did spend most of the ride with my eyes closed but I loved it! I can't wait for the boys to ride! I'm sure you will enjoy it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Awesome AK day. We usually start our AK day with Tusker House for breakfast and then onto the safari. I can never get great pictures of the animals since the jeeps move, bump and throw you all over the place!
We did Tusker House breakfast on our last trip and it was a great way to start the day. It was actually one of our favorite character meals!

I think it's become a goal of mine on each trip to try and get better pictures on the safari ride. I remember on our first trip my pictures were one big blur.

Quote:
I know...I don't want to even think about departure day yet. I wish the boys and DH liked Animal Kingdom more because for me, it's such a relaxing park. But, they always complain that it's too hot and there isn't enough rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimShockz View Post
AK is normally our first park,we have a 9 yr old girl and a 10 yr old boy,they cant get enough of the animals both of them are fascinated the time,great park

-JH
Welcome!! Glad you are here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: